BBC America - 2nd Change in 24 Hours

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2009
      At the time I sent my update, the schedule on the BBC America website reflected the information I put up here for April 18 and 25. On May 2nd the schedule reverted to assuming 2 episodes of Ashes To Ashes in prime time (something BBC America has already stopped).

      If you look at the schedule on the website *now*, the weekend schedule is:

      4PM - Top Gear (same as last night's update)
      5PM - Top Gear (same as last night's update)
      6PM - Doctor Who (repeat of last week's episode, addition to schedule)
      7PM - Doctor Who (this week's repeat, which was moved to 6PM in last night's update)
      8PM, 11PM, 2AM - Torchwood (the time slot Torchwood has aired in the past 2 weeks)
      9PM, Midnight, 3AM - Ashes To Ashes (last night Ashes was only showing at 7PM. BBC America posted a note on the move to 7PM in their Ashes To Ashes forum, then removed it.)
      10PM, 1AM, 4AM - Graham Norton

      Torchwood episode now listed for April 18 - Cyberwoman

      Torchwood episode now listed for April 25 - They Keep Killing Suzie (the 9PM episode for April 18 in last night's update)

      From May 2nd, the weekend schedule listed is the one from before the addition of Torchwood to the lineup, so I'm not taking it too seriously yet. Not that I can take any of it too seriously, as they have now changed the lineup twice in 24 hours.

      *If* BBC America has stopped toying with us, then I'll predict that Captain Jack Harkness airs on May 2 and End Of Days airs on May 9, since in the previous update those 2 episodes aired on April 25.

      Counting the minutes till another change makes this e-mail inaccurate too,
      Benjamin Elliott :)
    • Michael F.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2009
        This is very confusing to say the least. Given the extreme short notice on Torchwood's return to the schedule, maybe it's best not to consider anything on BBCA's site as written in stone.

        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Benjamin Elliott" <bfelliott@...> wrote:

        > At the time I sent my update, the schedule on the BBC America website reflected the information I put up here for April 18 and 25. On May 2nd the schedule reverted to assuming 2 episodes of Ashes To Ashes in prime time (something BBC America has already stopped).
        >
        > If you look at the schedule on the website *now*, the weekend schedule is:
        >
        > 4PM - Top Gear (same as last night's update)
        > 5PM - Top Gear (same as last night's update)
        > 6PM - Doctor Who (repeat of last week's episode, addition to schedule)
        > 7PM - Doctor Who (this week's repeat, which was moved to 6PM in last night's update)
        > 8PM, 11PM, 2AM - Torchwood (the time slot Torchwood has aired in the past 2 weeks)
        > 9PM, Midnight, 3AM - Ashes To Ashes (last night Ashes was only showing at 7PM. BBC America posted a note on the move to 7PM in their Ashes To Ashes forum, then removed it.)
        > 10PM, 1AM, 4AM - Graham Norton
        >
        > Torchwood episode now listed for April 18 - Cyberwoman
        >
        > Torchwood episode now listed for April 25 - They Keep Killing Suzie (the 9PM episode for April 18 in last night's update)
        >
        > From May 2nd, the weekend schedule listed is the one from before the addition of Torchwood to the lineup, so I'm not taking it too seriously yet. Not that I can take any of it too seriously, as they have now changed the lineup twice in 24 hours.
        >
        > *If* BBC America has stopped toying with us, then I'll predict that Captain Jack Harkness airs on May 2 and End Of Days airs on May 9, since in the previous update those 2 episodes aired on April 25.
        >
        > Counting the minutes till another change makes this e-mail inaccurate too,
        > Benjamin Elliott :)

      • Thomas Beck
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 16, 2009
          I hope not. Updating a Web page written in stone would cause extremely
          frustrating waits for it to refresh.

          On Apr 15, 2009, at 5:36 PM, Michael F. wrote:

          > This is very confusing to say the least. Given the extreme short
          > notice on Torchwood's return to the schedule, maybe it's best not to
          > consider anything on BBCA's site as written in stone.

          Tom Beck

          Dudley Moore: Do you feel you've learnt by your mistakes here?

          Peter Cook: I think I have, yes, and I think I can probably repeat them
          almost perfectly.