Re: BBC America Saturday Shakeup - More Torchwood Repeats

  • l63ks
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 15, 2009
      WOW, I wasn't aware of the time changes on Ashes and Torchwood. I'm thrilled they're showing two eps of TW. I'll have to keep checking BBCA schedule now making sure I don't miss anything. Thanks so much for this info.

      Lori

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Benjamin Elliott" <bfelliott@...> wrote:

      > FYI - BBC America is rearranging Saturday nights. For now, this means more Torchwood repeats.
      >
      > Gladiators UK - off the schedule
      > Top Gear - 4PM Eastern/1PM Pacific (2 hours, new time)
      > Doctor Who - 6PM Eastern/3PM Pacific (new time)
      > Ashes To Ashes - 7PM Eastern/4PM Pacific (new time, only airing)
      > Torchwood 8PM and 9PM Eastern/5PM and 6PM Pacific (2 episodes)
      > Graham Norton - 10PM Eastern/7PM Pacific
      > 11PM Eastern/8PM Pacific - repeat of Primetime schedule (Torchwood/Graham Norton)
      > 2AM Eastern/11PM Pacific - repeat of Primetime schedule (Torchwood/Graham Norton)
      >
      > April 18:
      > 8PM Eastern - Cyberwoman
      > 9PM Eastern - They Keep Killing Suzie
      >
      > April 25:
      > 8PM Eastern - Captain Jack Harkness
      > 9PM Eastern - End Of Days
      >
      > BBC America - like UKTV Australia, SPACE in Canada, and other networks that have bought Torchwood Series 3 - can't announce when the new Torchwood will air until BBC One makes the announcement for the UK. The schedule change is more likely a work around for Ashes To Ashes rather than a clue to Torchwood's air date.
      >
      > Benjamin Elliott

    • msunshne
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 15, 2009
        Cyberwoman then Suzie--somebody at BBC America is Jack/Ianto fan. LOL!!

        Ashes to Ashes must be bombing in the ratings.

        Melissa
      • dennis tuchalski
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 15, 2009
          I am very curious about this. I checked the BBCA listings for April 18
          and they do not show anything about "Cyberwoman". 8pm that day is
          devoted to the DW, ATA, TW, GN lineup. No listing available yet for
          April 25 (I was VERY curious about the "Captain Jack Harkness").

          Any enlightenment here?

          dennis

          Benjamin Elliott wrote:

          > FYI - BBC America is rearranging Saturday nights. For now, this means
          > more Torchwood repeats.
          >
          > Gladiators UK - off the schedule
          > Top Gear - 4PM Eastern/1PM Pacific (2 hours, new time)
          > Doctor Who - 6PM Eastern/3PM Pacific (new time)
          > Ashes To Ashes - 7PM Eastern/4PM Pacific (new time, only airing)
          > Torchwood 8PM and 9PM Eastern/5PM and 6PM Pacific (2 episodes)
          > Graham Norton - 10PM Eastern/7PM Pacific
          > 11PM Eastern/8PM Pacific - repeat of Primetime schedule
          > (Torchwood/Graham Norton)
          > 2AM Eastern/11PM Pacific - repeat of Primetime schedule
          > (Torchwood/Graham Norton)
          >
          > April 18:
          > 8PM Eastern - Cyberwoman
          > 9PM Eastern - They Keep Killing Suzie
          >
          > April 25:
          > 8PM Eastern - Captain Jack Harkness
          > 9PM Eastern - End Of Days
          >
          > BBC America - like UKTV Australia, SPACE in Canada, and other networks
          > that have bought Torchwood Series 3 - can't announce when the new
          > Torchwood will air until BBC One makes the announcement for the UK.
          > The schedule change is more likely a work around for Ashes To Ashes
          > rather than a clue to Torchwood's air date.
          >
          > Benjamin Elliott

        • Dennis Tuchalski
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 15, 2009
            I am very curious as to the origin of your info. I checked the BBCA listings for April 18 and they only show the lineup as you had stated it. No mention of "Cyberwoman". The listings for April 25 are not yet available but I am also curious about the "Captain Jack Harkness" listing. What would that be anyway? "End of Days" sounds familiar. But the 8-9pm Eastern time slot for these shows, as stated, conflicts with the Top Gear, DW, ATA, TW, GN time slots. Any update or clarification would be highly appreciated. These other shows sound interesting.

            dennis

            --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Benjamin Elliott" <bfelliott@...> wrote:

            > FYI - BBC America is rearranging Saturday nights. For now, this means more Torchwood repeats.
            >
            > Gladiators UK - off the schedule
            > Top Gear - 4PM Eastern/1PM Pacific (2 hours, new time)
            > Doctor Who - 6PM Eastern/3PM Pacific (new time)
            > Ashes To Ashes - 7PM Eastern/4PM Pacific (new time, only airing)
            > Torchwood 8PM and 9PM Eastern/5PM and 6PM Pacific (2 episodes)
            > Graham Norton - 10PM Eastern/7PM Pacific
            > 11PM Eastern/8PM Pacific - repeat of Primetime schedule (Torchwood/Graham Norton)
            > 2AM Eastern/11PM Pacific - repeat of Primetime schedule (Torchwood/Graham Norton)
            >
            > April 18:
            > 8PM Eastern - Cyberwoman
            > 9PM Eastern - They Keep Killing Suzie
            >
            > April 25:
            > 8PM Eastern - Captain Jack Harkness
            > 9PM Eastern - End Of Days
            >
            > BBC America - like UKTV Australia, SPACE in Canada, and other networks that have bought Torchwood Series 3 - can't announce when the new Torchwood will air until BBC One makes the announcement for the UK. The schedule change is more likely a work around for Ashes To Ashes rather than a clue to Torchwood's air date.
            >
            > Benjamin Elliott

          • l63ks
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 15, 2009
              Capt Jack harkness is an ep from Series 1 where Jack and Tosh end up back in 1941 were we meet the real Capt Jack Harkness. (from whom our Jack took his name) When I checked the BBCA schedule it did show TW through the end of April. However, they're definitely skipping a lot of eps from Series 1. Also checked scheule for 2nd May and TW wasn't even listed. I'm not sure what BBCA is doing.

              Lori