Re: [torchwood] Re: Freema's New Show

  • Thomas Beck
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 26, 2009
      Deadline starred Oliver Platt as Wallace Benton, a rather lordly but
      willing to get down-and-dirty columnist for the "New York Ledger," a
      tabloid daily (basically a combination of the New York Daily News and
      the New York Post; frequently seen in the various Law & Order
      versions). It had a great cast, too - Bebe Neuwirth, Lili Taylor, Hope
      Davis, Tom Conti. Benton was always investigating something or other
      that didn't want him to be poking into its affairs and was always
      trying to make trouble for him for doing so. Very little connection to
      the other L&Os, and a totally different style (no "duh-duh" sound for
      instance).

      There were only 13 episodes. I liked it, but I'm one of the few.

      Here's some more info:

      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247086
      http://epguides.com/Deadline
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadline_(TV_series)

      On Feb 25, 2009, at 5:46 PM, Robert wrote:

      > I never heard about Deadline before. I do remember they did a spin-off
      > called Conviction where Stephanie March reprises her role as
      > Alexandra Cabot
      > (from Special Victims Unit). It really didn't revolve too much around
      > the
      > trials, but revolving around the personal lives of the lawyers
      > especially
      > with some of them very young as well.

      Tom Beck

      Dudley Moore: Do you feel you've learnt by your mistakes here?

      Peter Cook: I think I have, yes, and I think I can probably repeat them
      almost perfectly.