Re: Other Premiere Dates?

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2009
      Hi. I will fill in what I know.

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dean L. Kaufman"
      <deanlkaufman@...> wrote:

      > I know there are four more Doctor Who specials with David Tennant
      with
      > the next one airing supposedly on Easter Sunday and they have not
      even
      > apparently started filming it yet.

      4 Doctor who specials, with filming scheduled to begin *today* Monday
      19 January 2009. Yes, one of the specials should air around Easter -
      date undecided. One of the specials should air at Christmas. The last
      special should air at New Years 2010.

      The speculation - will we get a special between Easter and Christmas,
      or between Christmas and the New Years one. We do not have the answer
      yet. The last 2 specials are a 2 parter, but we do not know if the
      Christmas episode is part 1 of the 2 parter or the special before the
      2 parter.

      Series 5 - 13 episodes starring Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor -
      filming starts sometime this Summer and the episodes air in 2010 in
      the UK.

      > As people here generally like Doctor Who and Torchwood and most all
      > things science fiction, two shows are coming out in the United
      Kingdom
      > and there has been little to no information about them in the United
      > States.
      >
      > First off, though comparisons have been made to Torchwood and Doctor
      > Who, ITV's "Primeval" was supposed to have a February premiere date
      > this year. I have gone to the website for ITV and there is no
      > information as to when Series 3 will premiere. Does in anybody here
      > in the UK have any idea of when that will happen and how many
      episodes
      > this new season will be?

      Premiere date - unknown. But there are 10 episodes, an increase from
      6 in Series 1 and 7 in Series 2. BBC America aired all 13 from Series
      1 and 2 a few months ago. We do not have an airdate for Series 3 on
      BBC America.

      > The other show is not science fiction, but does feature two science
      > fiction veterans. One of them is is Jamie Bamber from Battlestar
      > Galactica and the other is Freema Agyeman from Doctor Who and
      > Torchwood. It is "Law and Order: London" coming soon to ITV. I
      > would imagine they have filmed quite a number of episodes by now. I
      > have no idea as to whether it will be airing any time this year or
      not.

      > Does anybody have any idea when Primeval Series 3 and Law and Order:
      > London are going to premiere? Is the new Law and Order show 13
      > episodes as they announced months ago?

      13 episodes for ITV. Supposed to begin in the first quarter of this
      year - no one has an airdate yet. No one knows if there is a US
      broadcaster - I doubt NBC or USA will air this version. We have never
      seen the French or Russian versions of Law & Order.

      Cheers,
      Benjamin Elliott
    • badblokebob
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2009
        One tiny bit of info that might help speculation of "Primeval" 3's UK start date: ITV are
        currently showing "Demons", a series very much in the same mode (as "Merlin" is in the
        same mode as "Doctor Who", etc). That has three weeks left to run, so "Primeval" won't start
        before 14th February at the earliest, and I should imagine there'll be a gap between
        "Demons" and "Primeval" (much as the BBC don't run "Who", "Merlin" and "Robin Hood"
        consecutively).