Other Premiere Dates?

  • Dean L. Kaufman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2009
      I know there are four more Doctor Who specials with David Tennant with
      the next one airing supposedly on Easter Sunday and they have not even
      apparently started filming it yet.

      As people here generally like Doctor Who and Torchwood and most all
      things science fiction, two shows are coming out in the United Kingdom
      and there has been little to no information about them in the United
      States.

      First off, though comparisons have been made to Torchwood and Doctor
      Who, ITV's "Primeval" was supposed to have a February premiere date
      this year. I have gone to the website for ITV and there is no
      information as to when Series 3 will premiere. Does in anybody here
      in the UK have any idea of when that will happen and how many episodes
      this new season will be?

      The other show is not science fiction, but does feature two science
      fiction veterans. One of them is is Jamie Bamber from Battlestar
      Galactica and the other is Freema Agyeman from Doctor Who and
      Torchwood. It is "Law and Order: London" coming soon to ITV. I
      would imagine they have filmed quite a number of episodes by now. I
      have no idea as to whether it will be airing any time this year or not.

      Does anybody have any idea when Primeval Series 3 and Law and Order:
      London are going to premiere? Is the new Law and Order show 13
      episodes as they announced months ago?

      Thanks,

      Dean L. Kaufman
      Santa Ana, CA USA
    • Benjamin Elliott
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2009
        Hi. I will fill in what I know.

        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dean L. Kaufman"
        <deanlkaufman@...> wrote:

        > I know there are four more Doctor Who specials with David Tennant
        with
        > the next one airing supposedly on Easter Sunday and they have not
        even
        > apparently started filming it yet.

        4 Doctor who specials, with filming scheduled to begin *today* Monday
        19 January 2009. Yes, one of the specials should air around Easter -
        date undecided. One of the specials should air at Christmas. The last
        special should air at New Years 2010.

        The speculation - will we get a special between Easter and Christmas,
        or between Christmas and the New Years one. We do not have the answer
        yet. The last 2 specials are a 2 parter, but we do not know if the
        Christmas episode is part 1 of the 2 parter or the special before the
        2 parter.

        Series 5 - 13 episodes starring Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor -
        filming starts sometime this Summer and the episodes air in 2010 in
        the UK.

        > As people here generally like Doctor Who and Torchwood and most all
        > things science fiction, two shows are coming out in the United
        Kingdom
        > and there has been little to no information about them in the United
        > States.
        >
        > First off, though comparisons have been made to Torchwood and Doctor
        > Who, ITV's "Primeval" was supposed to have a February premiere date
        > this year. I have gone to the website for ITV and there is no
        > information as to when Series 3 will premiere. Does in anybody here
        > in the UK have any idea of when that will happen and how many
        episodes
        > this new season will be?

        Premiere date - unknown. But there are 10 episodes, an increase from
        6 in Series 1 and 7 in Series 2. BBC America aired all 13 from Series
        1 and 2 a few months ago. We do not have an airdate for Series 3 on
        BBC America.

        > The other show is not science fiction, but does feature two science
        > fiction veterans. One of them is is Jamie Bamber from Battlestar
        > Galactica and the other is Freema Agyeman from Doctor Who and
        > Torchwood. It is "Law and Order: London" coming soon to ITV. I
        > would imagine they have filmed quite a number of episodes by now. I
        > have no idea as to whether it will be airing any time this year or
        not.

        > Does anybody have any idea when Primeval Series 3 and Law and Order:
        > London are going to premiere? Is the new Law and Order show 13
        > episodes as they announced months ago?

        13 episodes for ITV. Supposed to begin in the first quarter of this
        year - no one has an airdate yet. No one knows if there is a US
        broadcaster - I doubt NBC or USA will air this version. We have never
        seen the French or Russian versions of Law & Order.

        Cheers,
        Benjamin Elliott
      • badblokebob
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 19, 2009
          One tiny bit of info that might help speculation of "Primeval" 3's UK start date: ITV are
          currently showing "Demons", a series very much in the same mode (as "Merlin" is in the
          same mode as "Doctor Who", etc). That has three weeks left to run, so "Primeval" won't start
          before 14th February at the earliest, and I should imagine there'll be a gap between
          "Demons" and "Primeval" (much as the BBC don't run "Who", "Merlin" and "Robin Hood"
          consecutively).