When is Torchwood Coming Back?

  • Cecile
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008
      I like Torchwood but does anyone know when they will start showing new
      episodes in my area?
    • Paul Mannering
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 30, 2008
        That would depend on your area?

        --
        paul@...
        www.brokensea.com Guerrilla Audio

      • dale aden
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 30, 2008
          From what I gather, Russ T. is off so they are doing 4 longish episodes fro 2009 rather than a full season. This is I would guess to allow the new producer to jump on board. This may, however only be for Dr. Who and Torchwood will have a regular season - I am not sure as the BC site is unfortunately, pretty innaccessible to non-UK viewers.
          We should know for sure pretty soon though as I am certain, Sci Fi channel will pick up and edit the (bleep) out of them for our American consumption when they are available

          I like Torchwood but does anyone know when they will start showing new

          episodes in my area?

        • Mark Hadlund
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 30, 2008
            The current plan is 5 episodes over a weeks time to air sometime in the Spring. Since BBC America is airing the show, they will be the ones editing the (bleep) out of them.

            Mark

            We should know for sure pretty soon though as I am certain, Sci Fi channel will pick up and edit the (bleep) out of them for our American consumption when they are available

            I like Torchwood but does anyone know when they will start showing new

            episodes in my area?

          • Orchid
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 30, 2008
              Dr Who gets four specials... And a shortened season of Torchwood is being
              shown five consecutive nights on BBC1 (possibly mid 2009 according to a tv
              interview JB did).
              Then 2010, both shows are supposed to be back to full runs.

              Orchid

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 30, 2008
                5 hour long eps sometime this spring. In UK, sometime between Feb and June.

                Hopefully here in the US sometime soon after. Wonder if they will show them 5 days straight or one day for five weeks?

                Also, according to John Barrowman in a recent interview, they worked on keeping it cleaner so American stations would be more willing to show it.

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 31, 2008
                  I live in southern California USA.
                  --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Mannering" <deadthings@...>