JB articles

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2008
      Kiss to Carr ... Jimmy Carr pulls a bemused face as John Barrowman kisses him
      By KEELEY BOLGER

      Published: 12 Dec 2008

      JIMMY Carr got a shock smacker on the chops from John Barrowman last night.

      The erudite comedian, who has been touring the
      UK, was at the London Palladium for the Royal
      Variety Performance which was filmed last night.

      Jimmy was in the arena chatting to the Torchwood
      actor when cheeky John put a protective arm
      around him and planted a kiss on his face.

      Maybe he spotted some mistletoe ...

      []

      <http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v16/pfyre/torchwood/johnbarrowman/misc/03/jbarrowmancarr.jpg>
      source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article2032070.ece

      []

      <http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v16/pfyre/torchwood/johnbarrowman/faenol/jbfaenol1.jpg>
      Lucy Morgan: Making classical cool

      Dec 12 2008 by Tim Lewis, Western Mail

      She's worked with stars from Shirely Bassey to
      David Essex, but viola player Lucy Morgan told
      Tim Lewis all she really wants this Christmas is
      to spend time with friends (even if they are Steve Balsamo and Catrin Finch)

      IT'S almost easier to list some of the musicians
      Lucy Morgan hasn't worked with, rather than the ones she has.

      When the 31-year-old decided to launch her first
      Christmas concert last year she had already
      worked with Shirley Bassey, Keane and the Manic
      Street Preachers, to name but a few.

      After another year of jetting all over the world,
      the viola player can now add the likes of David
      Essex, Echo and the Bunnymen, John Barrowman and
      the Last Shadow Puppets (the critically acclaimed
      side project of Arctic Monkeys' frontman Alex Turner) to her impressive list.

      "It's been quite a year," Lucy admits.

      "I've been all over the world and worked with
      some of the best people. Working with the Last
      Shadow Puppets was really cool. Both Alex and
      Miles (Kane, who's also lead singer of The Rascals) were really down to earth.

      "I played on stage with them at the Leeds
      Festival and then literally travelled through the
      night to get to the Faenol Festival to be on
      stage with John Barrowman the next day.

      "That's the beauty of my job, one night I can be
      playing with some of the most brilliant
      contemporary artists and the next I can be on stage doing classical music."

      ... the rest of the article can be found at the link below...

      source:
      http://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbiz-and-lifestyle/features/2008/12/12/lucy-morgan-making-classical-cool-91466-22459438/

      []

      <http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v16/pfyre/torchwood/johnbarrowman/panto/robin/m/jbrobintitan.jpg>
      Barrowman to battle with giant robot at Hippodrome

      John Barrowman and Titan at the Birmingham Hippodrome. (s)

      Andrew Powell

      FOLLOWING his record-breaking season in last
      year's pantomime, stage and TV star John
      Barrowman returns to the Birmingham Hippodrome in
      the Christmas spectacular Robin Hood - The
      Pantomime Adventure from next Friday (December 19).

      Appearing alongside him is comedian Paul Zerdin
      as Will Scarlet, together with his friend 'Sam',
      while returning to Birmingham is veteran
      entertainer Don Maclean in the role of Friar Tuck.

      Also making a special appearance is the the
      impressive Titan, a huge eight-foot steel giant
      of a robot that is conjured back from the future
      to aide the Sheriff of Nottingham's quest to defeat Robin Hood (Barrowman).

      John Barrowman said: "I am thrilled to be
      returning to the Birmingham Hippodrome this
      Christmas in a production full of surprises and
      packed with entertainment for all ages.

      "I am particularly looking forward to taking on
      Titan - with my experience of battling futuristic
      baddies, I don't think it'll prove too much of a problem!"

      Robin Hood - The Pantomime Adventure is staged by
      Qdos Pantomimes, the largest pantomime producer
      in the world and is presented by the same team
      that was behind the 2007/08 production of Aladdin.
      It is a brand new production especially written
      for Birmingham Hippodrome and performances run until Sunday, February 1, 2009.

      Tickets are on sale priced £13-£30, available
      online at www.birminghamhippodrome.com or by telephone on 0844 338 5000.

      source: http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/ents64359.html