why? was Re: BBC sorry

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2008
      At 03:35 PM 12/6/2008, TJ, annotated:
      >LET IT GO!

      why? it's under the thread about that stupid debacle - but this is
      clearly another topic - a fun one - one that came from ComicCon and
      other events - no reason to drop this

      this is a fun piece of discussion - not to mention that this has been
      a quiet respectful discussion about what happened - no one disparaged John

      I have always found it best to be aware of the details on things
      (like the original Radio2 debacle) so that as a fan I'm not
      'ambushed' by friends or acquaintances suddenly mentioning "Did you
      hear *** about your favourite guy John Barrowman?" and half the time
      they have half the details or some exaggerated story that came out of
      the real situation

      I've just been listening (literally just finished listening to it)
      John guesting on Elaine Paige's BBC Radio2 show - he sounds good -
      his voice sounds much better (though I'm not certain if his part was
      recorded earlier??) than it did on the Friday Night Is Music Night
      broadcast - he sounded happy

      after seeing him on 'Loose Women' on Thursday - where he was clearly
      ill and a bit subdued - many of us were concerned both that he was
      ill (and the illness - throat infection - kept him from singing
      Friday night) and that the whole tempest in a teacup had affected him
      adversely - clearly he was regretful for his actions and he has
      apologized and hopefully everyone will move past that - but mostly we
      don't want John to lose that fun, giddy, slightly hysterical part of
      himself - that would be the worst of all outcomes in my view - we
      need bright spirits like John - who might not always be politically
      correct or double think themselves before saying or doing things -
      but who are real and who are full of life and embrace it all with
      exuberance and are able to pass that along to those of us in the audience

      just my opinion
      pfyre

    • Colin Turvey
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
        Well I hope he gets well soon and back to his cheery old self!
      • Rebecca jo
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 9, 2008
          Ditto!

          On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Colin Turvey <colinfit20@...> wrote:

          > Well I hope he gets well soon and back to his cheery old self!

        • BJ
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 18, 2008
            This is helpful group of people so I have decided to ask you all. Does anyone know how/where to find the easter eggs on the Buffy complete series that comes in a tin? Any suggestions would be helpful, off list of course, no point in boring everyone else.

            Thanks

            BJ
          • sem
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 18, 2008
              I was wondering if there are any on the Torchwood DVDs.

            • witchsbroo
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 19, 2008
                I use this site :
                http://www.eeggs.com/

                Once on the site click the MOVIE tab to go to DVD easter eggs .. =)

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 19, 2008
                  They don't have Torchwood, but they do have a lot of new Who.