Re: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

  • Rebecca jo
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
      Oh yes, Let's!

      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
        At 01:26 PM 12/6/2008, Rebecca jo, annotated:
        >Oh yes, Let's!
        >
        >On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Michele
        ><<mailto:ninanki%40gmail.com>ninanki@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I'm offended, too. Maybe we should call John and insist on a repeat
        > > performance.

        LOL - I love it - I think this tidbit from online about sums up my reaction:

        Tom Sutcliffe: Giggles with Mr Eliot

        The Week In Culture

        Friday, 5 December 2008

        [excerpt]

        The realm of self-righteous offence has expanded
        further with the news that the BBC is under fire
        for having broadcast the inaudible noise John
        Barrowman's (left) genitals make when exposed to
        a microphone. The offending articles weren't
        described and can have only had an adverse effect
        on listeners who tried to imagine them, which is
        their problem, not the BBC's. I don't want an
        apology, but I would love an explanation of
        Barrowman's clarification – "I didn't take the
        whole thing out, but I got my fruit and nuts
        out." If the fruit and nuts were out, what was
        left behind? And what would Humphrey Lyttelton,
        late grand-master of the filthy mental image,
        make of this new anxiety at the BBC? His account,
        in one broadcast, of how Samantha was going out
        for an ice cream with an Italian friend and
        looking forward to "licking the nuts off a large
        Neapolitan" would now, presumably, be accompanied
        by an instantaneous expression of regret.

        source:
        <http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/columnists/thomas-sutcliffe/tom-sutcliffe-la-never-did-deal-in-reality-i-suppose-1051786.html>
        ------

        LOL! has to be one of the best commentaries on this-ever! LOL!

      • ana mattison
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
          Are you joking?

          To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:52:29 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

          LET IT GO!
        • TJ Harvey
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
            No I'm sure he would like to not hear about it any more. We have all sent our support now we should just let it go away.

            ana mattison <gaz_the_gloomy@...> wrote:

            >Are you joking?
            >
            >To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:52:29 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself
            >

            >LET IT GO!

          • ana mattison
            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
              Oh, whatever you say.

              oups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 14:47:51 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

              No I'm sure he would like to not hear about it any more. We have all sent our support now we should just let it go away.ana mattison <gaz_the_gloomy@...> wrote:>Are you joking?>>To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:52:29 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself>>>>LET IT GO![Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

              Message 6 of 20 , Dec 7, 2008
                OMG!!! My stomach hurts I've been laughing so hard!!! Yes, what was left
                behind? I'd wanted to ask that myself =)