RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

  • ana mattison
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 5, 2008
      Well apparently he and John send picture texts over their cell phones of the more noteworthy parts of their anatomy, in various states of blood flow, attatched to phrases such as "you're my b**** now". Then again they both love to pander to fans so it may be a load of bollocks (pun intended).

      To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: Big_Dog1@...: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 07:50:11 -0500Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

      Dare I ask what tale Gareth told? JFrom: torchwood@yahoogroups.com [mailto:torchwood@yahoogroups.com] On BehalfOf ana mattisonSent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 10:06 PMTo: torchwood@yahoogroups.comSubject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himselfOh yes apparently he whips it out on the Touchwood set all the time. Andthen there was he interesting little tale Gareth told at Dragoncon.To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.comFrom> :xylona2003@... <mailto:xylona2003%40yahoo.comDate> : Thu, 4 Dec2008 06:25:42 -0800Subject: Re: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after JohnBarrowman exposed himselfI'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this. John exposedhis...private(s) on TV? And has done it before? I just want to make sure Iunderstand what he did.Pamela Silva--- On Wed, 12/3/08, Rebecca jo<rbekkah@... <mailto:rbekkah%40gmail.com> > wrote:From: Rebecca jo<rbekkah@... <mailto:rbekkah%40gmail.com> >Subject: Re: [torchwood]Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himselfTo:torchwood@yahoogroups.comDate <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.comDate> :Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:06 AMI AM APPALLED AND OFFENDED!!!. ...thatthis didn't happen on TV so I couldsee.Damn it Barrowman...ROTFLMAO!!! Metoo!!!!On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Orchid <ironorchid@...> wrote:>> ----- Original Message -----> From: "badblokebob"<richard@richard- nelson.co. uk<richard%40richard- nelson.co. uk>> >> To:<torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com <torchwood%40yahoog roups.com> >> Sent: Tuesday,December 02, 2008 10:23 AM> Subject: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after JohnBarrowman exposed himself>> > How ridiculous. I think this shows the sadstate of affairs we'll now> > have to cope with from the BBC in the wake ofthe Brand/Ross/Sachs> > rubbish.>> Yes... We are heading for bland sanitisedtv and radio, where actors,> presenters and production staff alike are allscared to push any boundaries>> for fear of offending some numpty that livesto complain and can't or won't>> use their off switch. Not that I condoneRoss/Brand's behaviour it was> juvenile, sad and not at all funny but themajority of people who> complained> never even heard the broadcast and justdecided to jump on the Daily Mail's>> bandwagon,more concerned about theamount of money Ross is paid than the> offending of an old man and itworries me that these people now seem to be> able to influence what I get towatch on tv.>> Orchid>> >[Non-text portions of this message have beenremoved][Non-text portions of this message have been removed] __________________________________________________________You live life online. So we put Windows on the web. http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/127032869/direct/01/%5bNon-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

    • Angela
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 5, 2008
        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Pamela Silva <xylona2003@...> wrote:

        > I'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this.  John exposed
        his...private(s) on TV? And has done it before?  I just want to make
        sure I understand what he did.

        > Pamela Silva

        No he didn't do it on TV, he did it on Radio.

        There was a webcam in the studio but it was broken.

        Nobody saw anything.

        (well apart from the people in the studio).

        *sigh*

        the BBC recieved one complaint. just one.

        the gutter press got wind of it and turned it into a story, by
        omitting the fact the webcam wasn't working. so they made out JB had
        exposed himself to online, when he hadn't.

        Snowy
      • TJ
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
          LET IT GO!

          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
            Oh yes, Let's!

            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
              At 01:26 PM 12/6/2008, Rebecca jo, annotated:
              >Oh yes, Let's!
              >
              >On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Michele
              ><<mailto:ninanki%40gmail.com>ninanki@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I'm offended, too. Maybe we should call John and insist on a repeat
              > > performance.

              LOL - I love it - I think this tidbit from online about sums up my reaction:

              Tom Sutcliffe: Giggles with Mr Eliot

              The Week In Culture

              Friday, 5 December 2008

              [excerpt]

              The realm of self-righteous offence has expanded
              further with the news that the BBC is under fire
              for having broadcast the inaudible noise John
              Barrowman's (left) genitals make when exposed to
              a microphone. The offending articles weren't
              described and can have only had an adverse effect
              on listeners who tried to imagine them, which is
              their problem, not the BBC's. I don't want an
              apology, but I would love an explanation of
              Barrowman's clarification – "I didn't take the
              whole thing out, but I got my fruit and nuts
              out." If the fruit and nuts were out, what was
              left behind? And what would Humphrey Lyttelton,
              late grand-master of the filthy mental image,
              make of this new anxiety at the BBC? His account,
              in one broadcast, of how Samantha was going out
              for an ice cream with an Italian friend and
              looking forward to "licking the nuts off a large
              Neapolitan" would now, presumably, be accompanied
              by an instantaneous expression of regret.

              source:
              <http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/columnists/thomas-sutcliffe/tom-sutcliffe-la-never-did-deal-in-reality-i-suppose-1051786.html>
              ------

              LOL! has to be one of the best commentaries on this-ever! LOL!

            • ana mattison
              Message 6 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                Are you joking?

                To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:52:29 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

                LET IT GO!
              • TJ Harvey
                Message 7 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                  No I'm sure he would like to not hear about it any more. We have all sent our support now we should just let it go away.

                  ana mattison <gaz_the_gloomy@...> wrote:

                  >Are you joking?
                  >
                  >To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:52:29 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself
                  >

                  >LET IT GO!

                • ana mattison
                  Message 8 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                    Oh, whatever you say.

                    oups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 14:47:51 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

                    No I'm sure he would like to not hear about it any more. We have all sent our support now we should just let it go away.ana mattison <gaz_the_gloomy@...> wrote:>Are you joking?>>To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:52:29 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself>>>>LET IT GO![Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 7, 2008
                      OMG!!! My stomach hurts I've been laughing so hard!!! Yes, what was left
                      behind? I'd wanted to ask that myself =)