RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 5, 2008
      Dare I ask what tale Gareth told? J

      From: torchwood@yahoogroups.com [mailto:torchwood@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of ana mattison
      Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 10:06 PM
      To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

      Oh yes apparently he whips it out on the Touchwood set all the time. And
      then there was he interesting little tale Gareth told at Dragoncon.

      To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.comFrom> :
      xylona2003@... <mailto:xylona2003%40yahoo.comDate> : Thu, 4 Dec
      2008 06:25:42 -0800Subject: Re: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John
      Barrowman exposed himself

      I'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this. John exposed
      his...private(s) on TV? And has done it before? I just want to make sure I
      understand what he did.Pamela Silva--- On Wed, 12/3/08, Rebecca jo
      <rbekkah@... <mailto:rbekkah%40gmail.com> > wrote:From: Rebecca jo
      <rbekkah@... <mailto:rbekkah%40gmail.com> >Subject: Re: [torchwood]
      Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himselfTo:
      torchwood@yahoogroups.comDate <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.comDate> :
      Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:06 AMI AM APPALLED AND OFFENDED!!!. ...that
      this didn't happen on TV so I couldsee.Damn it Barrowman...ROTFLMAO!!! Me
      too!!!!On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Orchid <ironorchid@blueyond
      er.co.uk> wrote:>> ----- Original Message -----> From: "badblokebob"
      <richard@richard- nelson.co. uk<richard%40richard- nelson.co. uk>> >> To:
      <torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com <torchwood%40yahoog roups.com> >> Sent: Tuesday,
      December 02, 2008 10:23 AM> Subject: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John
      Barrowman exposed himself>> > How ridiculous. I think this shows the sad
      state of affairs we'll now> > have to cope with from the BBC in the wake of
      the Brand/Ross/Sachs> > rubbish.>> Yes... We are heading for bland sanitised
      tv and radio, where actors,> presenters and production staff alike are all
      scared to push any boundaries>> for fear of offending some numpty that lives
      to complain and can't or won't>> use their off switch. Not that I condone
      Ross/Brand's behaviour it was> juvenile, sad and not at all funny but the
      majority of people who> complained> never even heard the broadcast and just
      decided to jump on the Daily Mail's>> bandwagon,more concerned about the
      amount of money Ross is paid than the> offending of an old man and it
      worries me that these people now seem to be> able to influence what I get to
      watch on tv.>> Orchid>> >[Non-text portions of this message have been
      removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

    • ana mattison
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 5, 2008
        Well apparently he and John send picture texts over their cell phones of the more noteworthy parts of their anatomy, in various states of blood flow, attatched to phrases such as "you're my b**** now". Then again they both love to pander to fans so it may be a load of bollocks (pun intended).

        To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: Big_Dog1@...: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 07:50:11 -0500Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

        Dare I ask what tale Gareth told? JFrom: torchwood@yahoogroups.com [mailto:torchwood@yahoogroups.com] On BehalfOf ana mattisonSent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 10:06 PMTo: torchwood@yahoogroups.comSubject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himselfOh yes apparently he whips it out on the Touchwood set all the time. Andthen there was he interesting little tale Gareth told at Dragoncon.To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.comFrom> :xylona2003@... <mailto:xylona2003%40yahoo.comDate> : Thu, 4 Dec2008 06:25:42 -0800Subject: Re: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after JohnBarrowman exposed himselfI'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this. John exposedhis...private(s) on TV? And has done it before? I just want to make sure Iunderstand what he did.Pamela Silva--- On Wed, 12/3/08, Rebecca jo<rbekkah@... <mailto:rbekkah%40gmail.com> > wrote:From: Rebecca jo<rbekkah@... <mailto:rbekkah%40gmail.com> >Subject: Re: [torchwood]Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himselfTo:torchwood@yahoogroups.comDate <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.comDate> :Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:06 AMI AM APPALLED AND OFFENDED!!!. ...thatthis didn't happen on TV so I couldsee.Damn it Barrowman...ROTFLMAO!!! Metoo!!!!On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Orchid <ironorchid@...> wrote:>> ----- Original Message -----> From: "badblokebob"<richard@richard- nelson.co. uk<richard%40richard- nelson.co. uk>> >> To:<torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com <torchwood%40yahoog roups.com> >> Sent: Tuesday,December 02, 2008 10:23 AM> Subject: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after JohnBarrowman exposed himself>> > How ridiculous. I think this shows the sadstate of affairs we'll now> > have to cope with from the BBC in the wake ofthe Brand/Ross/Sachs> > rubbish.>> Yes... We are heading for bland sanitisedtv and radio, where actors,> presenters and production staff alike are allscared to push any boundaries>> for fear of offending some numpty that livesto complain and can't or won't>> use their off switch. Not that I condoneRoss/Brand's behaviour it was> juvenile, sad and not at all funny but themajority of people who> complained> never even heard the broadcast and justdecided to jump on the Daily Mail's>> bandwagon,more concerned about theamount of money Ross is paid than the> offending of an old man and itworries me that these people now seem to be> able to influence what I get towatch on tv.>> Orchid>> >[Non-text portions of this message have beenremoved][Non-text portions of this message have been removed] __________________________________________________________You live life online. So we put Windows on the web. http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/127032869/direct/01/%5bNon-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      • Angela
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 5, 2008
          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Pamela Silva <xylona2003@...> wrote:

          > I'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this.  John exposed
          his...private(s) on TV? And has done it before?  I just want to make
          sure I understand what he did.

          > Pamela Silva

          No he didn't do it on TV, he did it on Radio.

          There was a webcam in the studio but it was broken.

          Nobody saw anything.

          (well apart from the people in the studio).

          *sigh*

          the BBC recieved one complaint. just one.

          the gutter press got wind of it and turned it into a story, by
          omitting the fact the webcam wasn't working. so they made out JB had
          exposed himself to online, when he hadn't.

          Snowy
        • TJ
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
            LET IT GO!

            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
              Oh yes, Let's!

              Message 6 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                At 01:26 PM 12/6/2008, Rebecca jo, annotated:
                >Oh yes, Let's!
                >
                >On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Michele
                ><<mailto:ninanki%40gmail.com>ninanki@...> wrote:
                >
                > > I'm offended, too. Maybe we should call John and insist on a repeat
                > > performance.

                LOL - I love it - I think this tidbit from online about sums up my reaction:

                Tom Sutcliffe: Giggles with Mr Eliot

                The Week In Culture

                Friday, 5 December 2008

                [excerpt]

                The realm of self-righteous offence has expanded
                further with the news that the BBC is under fire
                for having broadcast the inaudible noise John
                Barrowman's (left) genitals make when exposed to
                a microphone. The offending articles weren't
                described and can have only had an adverse effect
                on listeners who tried to imagine them, which is
                their problem, not the BBC's. I don't want an
                apology, but I would love an explanation of
                Barrowman's clarification – "I didn't take the
                whole thing out, but I got my fruit and nuts
                out." If the fruit and nuts were out, what was
                left behind? And what would Humphrey Lyttelton,
                late grand-master of the filthy mental image,
                make of this new anxiety at the BBC? His account,
                in one broadcast, of how Samantha was going out
                for an ice cream with an Italian friend and
                looking forward to "licking the nuts off a large
                Neapolitan" would now, presumably, be accompanied
                by an instantaneous expression of regret.

                source:
                <http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/columnists/thomas-sutcliffe/tom-sutcliffe-la-never-did-deal-in-reality-i-suppose-1051786.html>
                ------

                LOL! has to be one of the best commentaries on this-ever! LOL!

              • ana mattison
                Message 7 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                  Are you joking?

                  To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:52:29 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

                  LET IT GO!
                • TJ Harvey
                  Message 8 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                    No I'm sure he would like to not hear about it any more. We have all sent our support now we should just let it go away.

                    ana mattison <gaz_the_gloomy@...> wrote:

                    >Are you joking?
                    >
                    >To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:52:29 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself
                    >

                    >LET IT GO!

                  • ana mattison
                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                      Oh, whatever you say.

                      oups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 14:47:51 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

                      No I'm sure he would like to not hear about it any more. We have all sent our support now we should just let it go away.ana mattison <gaz_the_gloomy@...> wrote:>Are you joking?>>To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:52:29 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself>>>>LET IT GO![Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                      Message 10 of 20 , Dec 7, 2008
                        OMG!!! My stomach hurts I've been laughing so hard!!! Yes, what was left
                        behind? I'd wanted to ask that myself =)