Re: The Last Two Sarah Jane's - Spoilers and Reviews

  • Russ
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2008
      Personally, I rather enjoyed it. I was so thrilled to see the Brig on
      screen again, I totally ignored the EhUm, bad... and just kicked back
      and thought how amazing it is, 2008, and after all these years... WOW

      Yes, my only thought, was WOW

      I don't even think I paid attention to the dialogue, the story,
      anything...

      Right on my set, in full color, was yet another of my childhood
      hereos brought back to life...

      We are SO lucky

      Peace!!

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dean L. Kaufman"
      <deanlkaufman@...> wrote:

      > Hi there:
      >
      > Every Monday for the last few months I have been going to
      > Wikipedia.org to read what happened in that night's episode of "The
      > Sarah Jane Adventures". The person who has been posting a synopsis
      > has been very late in doing so. There was a very big moment in last
      > week's episode that is not even mentioned in the episode synopsis.
      > believe it will either impact this Monday's episode or the next
      > planned third Series.
      >
      > As I stated recently, a large part of the second series of "The
      Sarah
      > Jane Adventures" has dealt with the regret Sarah feels that she grew
      > up without her parents. The photo of them is a constant reminder of
      > that. What the Wikipedia poster failed to realize about last week's
      > episode is that there is an important message on the back of the
      photo.

      > The following contains spoilers and reviews for "The Temptation of
      > Sarah Jane Smith" - Part 2 and "Enemy of the Bane" - Part 1. Just
      > because I like Torchwood, Doctor Who and The Sarah Jane Adventures,
      > does not mean I like what they are doing with the show
      unilaterally.
      > The last episode broadcast was abysmal.

      > *

      > *

      > *

      > *

      > *

      > *

      > I mentioned how pretty I think newcomer Anjli Mohindra is as The
      Rani
      > Chandra. The last few episodes, it looks like she spent almost no
      > time in the makeup chair. She has gone from looking very exotic to
      > looking like an ordinary British girl of Pakistani descent. While I
      > am not negating her acting ability, I still find it strange how
      easily
      > she accepts all the Sarah Jane saves the world stuff.
      >
      > Sarah Jane's parents dies when she was an infant. Why they left her
      > behind, Sarah never knew until now. Sarah and Luke go back in time
      > try and stop the Trickster from ending things as we know it on
      Earth.
      > Sarah fixes her parent's car. When the parents figure out that
      this
      > grown woman is their daughter, it is a truly heartwarming moment.
      >
      > Everything the parents touch dies as they are meant to die. If the
      > Trickster breaks through, he will end the world almost totally. The
      > parents decide to do the right thing, drive off, leaving the baby
      > Sarah Jane behind. Sarah now knows that her parents died saving the
      > world. The Trickster has been defeated most likely forever.
      >
      > Rani and Clyde find themselves in an altered present where a Graske
      > lords over human slaves, one of which is her mother. They make a
      deal
      > with the Graske to send The Rani Chandra back in time to warn Sarah
      > where the Trickster will manifest himself. Getting the box Clyde
      has
      > will free the Graske from slavery to the Trickster. Once time
      rights
      > itself, Clyde gives the box to the Graske and all is happy. Sarah
      can
      > finally set the photo of her parents down and go on with the memory
      > that she at least got to spend some time with them.
      >
      > Written on the back of the photo in Sarah's writing are the words:
      >
      > "MR. SMITH, YOU'RE NEEDED!"
      >
      > Sarah Jane Smith is going to be trapped back in time earlier than
      that
      > episode when the photos was taken. How is this going to happen?
      Will
      > it be this series or next one next year? Does anybody here know
      > anything about this?
      >
      > The last episode was an example of throwing a bunch of stuff at the
      > wall and see what sticks or slides to the ground. Unfortunately,
      too
      > much slid to the ground and flies are swarming.
      >
      > Somebody had a brilliant idea of bringing back the Bane and Miss
      > Wormwood. The actress playing Wormwood played Miss Moneypenny in
      the
      > Pierce Brosnan Bond movies. They said let's also have UNIT. They
      > also said let's bring in the that Sontaran from "The Last
      Sontaran".
      > Throw all that together and you might have Who fans drooling. Throw
      > in Brigadier Alastair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart and have them go
      > apoplectic.
      >
      > This is the plot as I've been led to believe:
      >
      > Luke is having dreams of Miss Wormwood appearing to him and calling
      > him Luke. She never knew the name Sarah gave him and Luke does not
      dream.

      > The Rani Chandra's mother Geeta runs a florist shop called "Blooming
      > Lovely". Miss Wormwood is a customer who pays her with a strange
      > check. Wormwood puts Rani's mother into some sort of trance. The
      > Rani Chandra goes to Sarah for help and soon they are all on trail
      of
      > Wormwood to a warehouse.
      >
      > The Bane are after Wormwood apparently for allowing the Bane mother
      > get killed. I said apparently.
      >
      > Wormwood comes to Sarah Jane for help. Geeta is released from her
      > trance. Wormwood tells of how the Bane are trying to resurrect this
      > nasty alien intelligence known as Horvath. There is this scroll in
      > place called "The Dark Archive", which is UNIT's version of
      > Torchwood's big warehouse of alien artifacts. To get at this scroll
      > thing, Sarah has to go to an old friend for help. Harry Sullivan.
      > Actually, no on that one. Nicholas Courtney is still around and
      back
      > as semi-retired Sir Alastair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart.
      >
      > For some reason unknown, the Brigadier breaks all security protocols
      > he has pledged his life to to help Sarah and The Rani Chandra get
      into
      > "The Dark Archive". The fact that Sarah and Rani have no clue that
      > going in there will put them right in front of surveillance systems
      is
      > forgotten. Before you know it, Rani, Sarah and the Brigadier are
      > under arrest. Lethbridge-Stewart has far more common sense than to
      > act like that.
      >
      > Bane are surrounding Wormwood and are going to kill and eat her, not
      > necessarily in that order. The Bane are obliterated and "The Last
      > Sontaran" is back working with her to resurrect this Horvath entity
      so
      > they can rule the universe. Didn't anybody ever tell Wormwood that
      > Sontarans don't ally themselves with anybody? What this Horvath guy
      > can do is beyond me. Whether Sarah gets stuck back in time this
      > season or next remains to be seen.
      >
      > I have yet to see how things play out on Monday night with the
      > conclusion. I have a feeling that Sarah would be better off allying
      > herself with the Bane than believing anything Wormwood has to say.
      > The Rani Chandra continues looking like Plain Jane.
      >
      > The Brigadier is a no-nonsense type of guy. Having him act like an
      > idiot does a major disservice to his character. Miss Wormwood was
      > also wasted. The first episode came across like a rushed
      hodgepodge.
      > The fact also that UNIT was almost totally obliterated by the
      Daleks
      > was not even broached in this story. How is it that this version of
      > UNIT survived? The only real nice touch of continuity to this is
      > mention of the Brigadier being in Peru recently.
      >
      > What do you think of the mess of this episode? Was it too much of
      > nothing?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >

      > Dean L. Kaufman
      > Santa Ana, California USA

    • Joni
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2008

        MOD
        I haven't watched the latest ep so I can't speak to that but as far as
        the writing on the picture goes - I'm not sure it's Sarah Jane's.
        It's established early in the episode that Sarah Jane's parents write
        each other notes and slip them to each other. I think Sarah Jane's
        mother wrote that bit on the photo.

        And I'm not convinced Rani is the Rani either. I think they tossed it
        out there to cause some folks to speculate but I'm not buying.

        Joni