Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

  • Michele
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 4, 2008
      I'm offended, too. Maybe we should call John and insist on a repeat
      performance.

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Rebecca jo" <rbekkah@...> wrote:

      > I AM APPALLED AND OFFENDED!!!....that this didn't happen on TV so I
      could
      > see.
      > Damn it Barrowman...
      >
      > ROTFLMAO!!! Me too!!!!
      >
      > On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Orchid <ironorchid@...> wrote:

      Brand/Ross/Sachs
      > > > rubbish.
      > >
      > > Yes... We are heading for bland sanitised tv and radio, where
      actors,
      > > presenters and production staff alike are all scared to push any
      boundaries

      > > for fear of offending some numpty that lives to complain and
      can't or won't

      > > use their off switch. Not that I condone Ross/Brand's behaviour
      it was
      > > juvenile, sad and not at all funny but the majority of people who
      > > complained
      > > never even heard the broadcast and just decided to jump on the
      Daily Mail's

      > > bandwagon,more concerned about the amount of money Ross is paid
      than the
      > > offending of an old man and it worries me that these people now
      seem to be
      > > able to influence what I get to watch on tv.
      > >
      > > Orchid

    • ana mattison
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 4, 2008
        Oh yes apparently he whips it out on the Touchwood set all the time. And then there was he interesting little tale Gareth told at Dragoncon.

        To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: xylona2003@...: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 06:25:42 -0800Subject: Re: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

        I'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this. John exposed his...private(s) on TV? And has done it before? I just want to make sure I understand what he did.Pamela Silva--- On Wed, 12/3/08, Rebecca jo <rbekkah@...> wrote:From: Rebecca jo <rbekkah@...>Subject: Re: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himselfTo: torchwood@yahoogroups.comDate: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:06 AMI AM APPALLED AND OFFENDED!!!. ...that this didn't happen on TV so I couldsee.Damn it Barrowman...ROTFLMAO!!! Me too!!!!On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Orchid <ironorchid@blueyond er.co.uk> wrote:>> ----- Original Message -----> From: "badblokebob" <richard@richard- nelson.co. uk<richard%40richard- nelson.co. uk>> >> To: <torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com <torchwood%40yahoog roups.com> >> Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 10:23 AM> Subject: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself>> > How ridiculous. I think this shows the sad state of affairs we'll now> > have to cope with from the BBC in the wake of the Brand/Ross/Sachs> > rubbish.>> Yes... We are heading for bland sanitised tv and radio, where actors,> presenters and production staff alike are all scared to push any boundaries>> for fear of offending some numpty that lives to complain and can't or won't>> use their off switch. Not that I condone Ross/Brand's behaviour it was> juvenile, sad and not at all funny but the majority of people who> complained> never even heard the broadcast and just decided to jump on the Daily Mail's>> bandwagon,more concerned about the amount of money Ross is paid than the> offending of an old man and it worries me that these people now seem to be> able to influence what I get to watch on tv.>> Orchid>> >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      • Carole
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 5, 2008
          No, John undid his zipper during a RADIO interview, after being goaded
          to do so by the presenters. There was a webcam, but contrary to press
          reports, this was not "streaming the live broadcast" to radio listeners.
          It wasn't working. So *no-one* other than the presenters saw anything.
          The BBC received *one* complaint. John immediately issued an apology
          for overstepping the mark, as did the BBC.

          It's all a storm in a jockstrap which is being blown out of proportion.
          Let's move on...

          Carole

          wrote:

> [...]

        • Rick
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 5, 2008
            Dare I ask what tale Gareth told? J

            Oh yes apparently he whips it out on the Touchwood set all the time. And
            then there was he interesting little tale Gareth told at Dragoncon.

            To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.comFrom> :
            xylona2003@... <mailto:xylona2003%40yahoo.comDate> : Thu, 4 Dec
            2008 06:25:42 -0800Subject: Re: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John
            Barrowman exposed himself

            I'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this. John exposed
            his...private(s) on TV? And has done it before? I just want to make sure I
            understand what he did.Pamela Silva--- On Wed, 12/3/08, Rebecca jo
            <rbekkah@... <mailto:rbekkah%40gmail.com> > wrote:From: Rebecca jo
            <rbekkah@... <mailto:rbekkah%40gmail.com> >Subject: Re: [torchwood]
            Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himselfTo:
            torchwood@yahoogroups.comDate <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.comDate> :

          • maxngerry@optonline.net
            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 5, 2008
              No - on the RADIO....

              > I'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this. John exposed
              > his...private(s) on TV? And has done it before? I just want to
              > make sure I understand what he did.
              >
              > Pamela Silva

              Namaste,
              Max (Maxime@...)
              http://www.ShoppingTheRift.com

            • ana mattison
              Message 6 of 20 , Dec 5, 2008
                Well apparently he and John send picture texts over their cell phones of the more noteworthy parts of their anatomy, in various states of blood flow, attatched to phrases such as "you're my b**** now". Then again they both love to pander to fans so it may be a load of bollocks (pun intended).

                To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: Big_Dog1@...: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 07:50:11 -0500Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

                Dare I ask what tale Gareth told? JFrom: torchwood@yahoogroups.com [mailto:torchwood@yahoogroups.com] On BehalfOf ana mattisonSent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 10:06 PMTo: torchwood@yahoogroups.comSubject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himselfOh yes apparently he whips it out on the Touchwood set all the time. Andthen there was he interesting little tale Gareth told at Dragoncon.To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.comFrom> :xylona2003@... <mailto:xylona2003%40yahoo.comDate> : Thu, 4 Dec2008 06:25:42 -0800Subject: Re: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after JohnBarrowman exposed himselfI'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this. John exposedhis...private(s) on TV? And has done it before? I just want to make sure Iunderstand what he did.Pamela Silva--- On Wed, 12/3/08, Rebecca jo<rbekkah@... <mailto:rbekkah%40gmail.com> > wrote:From: Rebecca jo<rbekkah@... <mailto:rbekkah%40gmail.com> >Subject: Re: [torchwood]Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himselfTo:torchwood@yahoogroups.comDate <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.comDate> :Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:06 AMI AM APPALLED AND OFFENDED!!!. ...thatthis didn't happen on TV so I couldsee.Damn it Barrowman...ROTFLMAO!!! Metoo!!!!On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Orchid <ironorchid@...> wrote:>> ----- Original Message -----> From: "badblokebob"<richard@richard- nelson.co. uk<richard%40richard- nelson.co. uk>> >> To:<torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com <torchwood%40yahoog roups.com> >> Sent: Tuesday,December 02, 2008 10:23 AM> Subject: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after JohnBarrowman exposed himself>> > How ridiculous. I think this shows the sadstate of affairs we'll now> > have to cope with from the BBC in the wake ofthe Brand/Ross/Sachs> > rubbish.>> Yes... We are heading for bland sanitisedtv and radio, where actors,> presenters and production staff alike are allscared to push any boundaries>> for fear of offending some numpty that livesto complain and can't or won't>> use their off switch. Not that I condoneRoss/Brand's behaviour it was> juvenile, sad and not at all funny but themajority of people who> complained> never even heard the broadcast and justdecided to jump on the Daily Mail's>> bandwagon,more concerned about theamount of money Ross is paid than the> offending of an old man and itworries me that these people now seem to be> able to influence what I get towatch on tv.>> Orchid>> >[Non-text portions of this message have beenremoved][Non-text portions of this message have been removed] __________________________________________________________You live life online. So we put Windows on the web. http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/127032869/direct/01/%5bNon-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

              • Angela
                Message 7 of 20 , Dec 5, 2008
                  --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Pamela Silva <xylona2003@...> wrote:

                  > I'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this.  John exposed
                  his...private(s) on TV? And has done it before?  I just want to make
                  sure I understand what he did.

                  > Pamela Silva

                  No he didn't do it on TV, he did it on Radio.

                  There was a webcam in the studio but it was broken.

                  Nobody saw anything.

                  (well apart from the people in the studio).

                  *sigh*

                  the BBC recieved one complaint. just one.

                  the gutter press got wind of it and turned it into a story, by
                  omitting the fact the webcam wasn't working. so they made out JB had
                  exposed himself to online, when he hadn't.

                  Snowy
                • TJ
                  Message 8 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                    LET IT GO!

                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                      Oh yes, Let's!

                      Message 10 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                        At 01:26 PM 12/6/2008, Rebecca jo, annotated:
                        >Oh yes, Let's!
                        >
                        >On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Michele
                        ><<mailto:ninanki%40gmail.com>ninanki@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > I'm offended, too. Maybe we should call John and insist on a repeat
                        > > performance.

                        LOL - I love it - I think this tidbit from online about sums up my reaction:

                        Tom Sutcliffe: Giggles with Mr Eliot

                        The Week In Culture

                        Friday, 5 December 2008

                        [excerpt]

                        The realm of self-righteous offence has expanded
                        further with the news that the BBC is under fire
                        for having broadcast the inaudible noise John
                        Barrowman's (left) genitals make when exposed to
                        a microphone. The offending articles weren't
                        described and can have only had an adverse effect
                        on listeners who tried to imagine them, which is
                        their problem, not the BBC's. I don't want an
                        apology, but I would love an explanation of
                        Barrowman's clarification – "I didn't take the
                        whole thing out, but I got my fruit and nuts
                        out." If the fruit and nuts were out, what was
                        left behind? And what would Humphrey Lyttelton,
                        late grand-master of the filthy mental image,
                        make of this new anxiety at the BBC? His account,
                        in one broadcast, of how Samantha was going out
                        for an ice cream with an Italian friend and
                        looking forward to "licking the nuts off a large
                        Neapolitan" would now, presumably, be accompanied
                        by an instantaneous expression of regret.

                        source:
                        <http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/columnists/thomas-sutcliffe/tom-sutcliffe-la-never-did-deal-in-reality-i-suppose-1051786.html>
                        ------

                        LOL! has to be one of the best commentaries on this-ever! LOL!

                      • ana mattison
                        Message 11 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                          Are you joking?

                          To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:52:29 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

                          LET IT GO!
                        • TJ Harvey
                          Message 12 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                            No I'm sure he would like to not hear about it any more. We have all sent our support now we should just let it go away.

                            ana mattison <gaz_the_gloomy@...> wrote:

                            >Are you joking?
                            >
                            >To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:52:29 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself
                            >

                            >LET IT GO!

                          • ana mattison
                            Message 13 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                              Oh, whatever you say.

                              oups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 14:47:51 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

                              No I'm sure he would like to not hear about it any more. We have all sent our support now we should just let it go away.ana mattison <gaz_the_gloomy@...> wrote:>Are you joking?>>To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:52:29 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself>>>>LET IT GO![Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                              Message 14 of 20 , Dec 7, 2008
                                OMG!!! My stomach hurts I've been laughing so hard!!! Yes, what was left
                                behind? I'd wanted to ask that myself =)