Re: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

  • Orchid
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 2, 2008
      From: "badblokebob" <richard@...>
      To: <torchwood@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 10:23 AM
      Subject: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

      > How ridiculous. I think this shows the sad state of affairs we'll now
      > have to cope with from the BBC in the wake of the Brand/Ross/Sachs
      > rubbish.

      Yes... We are heading for bland sanitised tv and radio, where actors,
      presenters and production staff alike are all scared to push any boundaries
      for fear of offending some numpty that lives to complain and can't or won't
      use their off switch. Not that I condone Ross/Brand's behaviour it was
      juvenile, sad and not at all funny but the majority of people who complained
      never even heard the broadcast and just decided to jump on the Daily Mail's
      bandwagon,more concerned about the amount of money Ross is paid than the
      offending of an old man and it worries me that these people now seem to be
      able to influence what I get to watch on tv.

      Orchid
    • Rebecca jo
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 3, 2008
        I AM APPALLED AND OFFENDED!!!....that this didn't happen on TV so I could
        see.
        Damn it Barrowman...

        ROTFLMAO!!! Me too!!!!

        On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Orchid <ironorchid@...> wrote:

> [...]

      • Pamela Silva
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 4, 2008
          I'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this.  John exposed his...private(s) on TV? And has done it before?  I just want to make sure I understand what he did.

          Pamela Silva

          On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Orchid <ironorchid@blueyond er.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]

        • Michele
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 4, 2008
            I'm offended, too. Maybe we should call John and insist on a repeat
            performance.

            --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Rebecca jo" <rbekkah@...> wrote:

            > I AM APPALLED AND OFFENDED!!!....that this didn't happen on TV so I
            could
            > see.
            > Damn it Barrowman...
            >
            > ROTFLMAO!!! Me too!!!!

          • ana mattison
            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 4, 2008
              Oh yes apparently he whips it out on the Touchwood set all the time. And then there was he interesting little tale Gareth told at Dragoncon.

              To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: xylona2003@...: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 06:25:42 -0800Subject: Re: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

              I'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this. John exposed his...private(s) on TV? And has done it before? I just want to make sure I understand what he did.Pamela Silva--- On Wed, 12/3/08, Rebecca jo <rbekkah@...> wrote:From: Rebecca jo <rbekkah@...>Subject: Re: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himselfTo: torchwood@yahoogroups.comDate: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:06 AMI AM APPALLED AND OFFENDED!!!. ...that this didn't happen on TV so I couldsee.Damn it Barrowman...ROTFLMAO!!! Me too!!!!On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Orchid <ironorchid@blueyond er.co.uk> wrote:>> ----- Original Message -----> From: "badblokebob" <richard@richard- nelson.co. uk<richard%40richard- nelson.co. uk>> >> To: <torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com <torchwood%40yahoog roups.com> >> Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 10:23 AM> Subject: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself>> > How ridiculous. I think this shows the sad state of affairs we'll now> > have to cope with from the BBC in the wake of the Brand/Ross/Sachs> > rubbish.>> Yes... We are heading for bland sanitised tv and radio, where actors,> presenters and production staff alike are all scared to push any boundaries>> for fear of offending some numpty that lives to complain and can't or won't>> use their off switch. Not that I condone Ross/Brand's behaviour it was> juvenile, sad and not at all funny but the majority of people who> complained> never even heard the broadcast and just decided to jump on the Daily Mail's>> bandwagon,more concerned about the amount of money Ross is paid than the> offending of an old man and it worries me that these people now seem to be> able to influence what I get to watch on tv.>> Orchid>> >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

            • Carole
              Message 6 of 20 , Dec 5, 2008
                No, John undid his zipper during a RADIO interview, after being goaded
                to do so by the presenters. There was a webcam, but contrary to press
                reports, this was not "streaming the live broadcast" to radio listeners.
                It wasn't working. So *no-one* other than the presenters saw anything.
                The BBC received *one* complaint. John immediately issued an apology
                for overstepping the mark, as did the BBC.

                It's all a storm in a jockstrap which is being blown out of proportion.
                Let's move on...

                Carole

                wrote:

> [...]

              • Rick
                Message 7 of 20 , Dec 5, 2008
                  Dare I ask what tale Gareth told? J

                  Oh yes apparently he whips it out on the Touchwood set all the time. And
                  then there was he interesting little tale Gareth told at Dragoncon.

                  To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.comFrom> :
                  xylona2003@... <mailto:xylona2003%40yahoo.comDate> : Thu, 4 Dec
                  2008 06:25:42 -0800Subject: Re: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John
                  Barrowman exposed himself

                  I'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this. John exposed
                  his...private(s) on TV? And has done it before? I just want to make sure I
                  understand what he did.Pamela Silva--- On Wed, 12/3/08, Rebecca jo
                  <rbekkah@... <mailto:rbekkah%40gmail.com> > wrote:From: Rebecca jo
                  <rbekkah@... <mailto:rbekkah%40gmail.com> >Subject: Re: [torchwood]
                  Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himselfTo:
                  torchwood@yahoogroups.comDate <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.comDate> :

                • maxngerry@optonline.net
                  Message 8 of 20 , Dec 5, 2008
                    No - on the RADIO....

                    > I'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this. John exposed
                    > his...private(s) on TV? And has done it before? I just want to
                    > make sure I understand what he did.
                    >
                    > Pamela Silva

                    Namaste,
                    Max (Maxime@...)
                    http://www.ShoppingTheRift.com

                  • ana mattison
                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 5, 2008
                      Well apparently he and John send picture texts over their cell phones of the more noteworthy parts of their anatomy, in various states of blood flow, attatched to phrases such as "you're my b**** now". Then again they both love to pander to fans so it may be a load of bollocks (pun intended).

                      To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: Big_Dog1@...: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 07:50:11 -0500Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

                      Dare I ask what tale Gareth told? JFrom: torchwood@yahoogroups.com [mailto:torchwood@yahoogroups.com] On BehalfOf ana mattisonSent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 10:06 PMTo: torchwood@yahoogroups.comSubject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himselfOh yes apparently he whips it out on the Touchwood set all the time. Andthen there was he interesting little tale Gareth told at Dragoncon.To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.comFrom> :xylona2003@... <mailto:xylona2003%40yahoo.comDate> : Thu, 4 Dec2008 06:25:42 -0800Subject: Re: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after JohnBarrowman exposed himselfI'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this. John exposedhis...private(s) on TV? And has done it before? I just want to make sure Iunderstand what he did.Pamela Silva--- On Wed, 12/3/08, Rebecca jo<rbekkah@... <mailto:rbekkah%40gmail.com> > wrote:From: Rebecca jo<rbekkah@... <mailto:rbekkah%40gmail.com> >Subject: Re: [torchwood]Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himselfTo:torchwood@yahoogroups.comDate <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.comDate> :Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 8:06 AMI AM APPALLED AND OFFENDED!!!. ...thatthis didn't happen on TV so I couldsee.Damn it Barrowman...ROTFLMAO!!! Metoo!!!!On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Orchid <ironorchid@...> wrote:>> ----- Original Message -----> From: "badblokebob"<richard@richard- nelson.co. uk<richard%40richard- nelson.co. uk>> >> To:<torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com <torchwood%40yahoog roups.com> >> Sent: Tuesday,December 02, 2008 10:23 AM> Subject: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after JohnBarrowman exposed himself>> > How ridiculous. I think this shows the sadstate of affairs we'll now> > have to cope with from the BBC in the wake ofthe Brand/Ross/Sachs> > rubbish.>> Yes... We are heading for bland sanitisedtv and radio, where actors,> presenters and production staff alike are allscared to push any boundaries>> for fear of offending some numpty that livesto complain and can't or won't>> use their off switch. Not that I condoneRoss/Brand's behaviour it was> juvenile, sad and not at all funny but themajority of people who> complained> never even heard the broadcast and justdecided to jump on the Daily Mail's>> bandwagon,more concerned about theamount of money Ross is paid than the> offending of an old man and itworries me that these people now seem to be> able to influence what I get towatch on tv.>> Orchid>> >[Non-text portions of this message have beenremoved][Non-text portions of this message have been removed] __________________________________________________________You live life online. So we put Windows on the web. http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/127032869/direct/01/%5bNon-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                    • Angela
                      Message 10 of 20 , Dec 5, 2008
                        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Pamela Silva <xylona2003@...> wrote:

                        > I'm sorry, but let me make sure I understand this.  John exposed
                        his...private(s) on TV? And has done it before?  I just want to make
                        sure I understand what he did.

                        > Pamela Silva

                        No he didn't do it on TV, he did it on Radio.

                        There was a webcam in the studio but it was broken.

                        Nobody saw anything.

                        (well apart from the people in the studio).

                        *sigh*

                        the BBC recieved one complaint. just one.

                        the gutter press got wind of it and turned it into a story, by
                        omitting the fact the webcam wasn't working. so they made out JB had
                        exposed himself to online, when he hadn't.

                        Snowy
                      • TJ
                        Message 11 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                          LET IT GO!

                          Message 12 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                            Oh yes, Let's!

                            Message 13 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                              At 01:26 PM 12/6/2008, Rebecca jo, annotated:
                              >Oh yes, Let's!
                              >
                              >On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Michele
                              ><<mailto:ninanki%40gmail.com>ninanki@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > I'm offended, too. Maybe we should call John and insist on a repeat
                              > > performance.

                              LOL - I love it - I think this tidbit from online about sums up my reaction:

                              Tom Sutcliffe: Giggles with Mr Eliot

                              The Week In Culture

                              Friday, 5 December 2008

                              [excerpt]

                              The realm of self-righteous offence has expanded
                              further with the news that the BBC is under fire
                              for having broadcast the inaudible noise John
                              Barrowman's (left) genitals make when exposed to
                              a microphone. The offending articles weren't
                              described and can have only had an adverse effect
                              on listeners who tried to imagine them, which is
                              their problem, not the BBC's. I don't want an
                              apology, but I would love an explanation of
                              Barrowman's clarification – "I didn't take the
                              whole thing out, but I got my fruit and nuts
                              out." If the fruit and nuts were out, what was
                              left behind? And what would Humphrey Lyttelton,
                              late grand-master of the filthy mental image,
                              make of this new anxiety at the BBC? His account,
                              in one broadcast, of how Samantha was going out
                              for an ice cream with an Italian friend and
                              looking forward to "licking the nuts off a large
                              Neapolitan" would now, presumably, be accompanied
                              by an instantaneous expression of regret.

                              source:
                              <http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/columnists/thomas-sutcliffe/tom-sutcliffe-la-never-did-deal-in-reality-i-suppose-1051786.html>
                              ------

                              LOL! has to be one of the best commentaries on this-ever! LOL!

                            • ana mattison
                              Message 14 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                                Are you joking?

                                To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:52:29 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

                                LET IT GO!
                              • TJ Harvey
                                Message 15 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                                  No I'm sure he would like to not hear about it any more. We have all sent our support now we should just let it go away.

                                  ana mattison <gaz_the_gloomy@...> wrote:

                                  >Are you joking?
                                  >
                                  >To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:52:29 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself
                                  >

                                  >LET IT GO!

                                • ana mattison
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Dec 6, 2008
                                    Oh, whatever you say.

                                    oups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 14:47:51 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

                                    No I'm sure he would like to not hear about it any more. We have all sent our support now we should just let it go away.ana mattison <gaz_the_gloomy@...> wrote:>Are you joking?>>To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: t2001j@...: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:52:29 -0600Subject: RE: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself>>>>LET IT GO![Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Dec 7, 2008
                                      OMG!!! My stomach hurts I've been laughing so hard!!! Yes, what was left
                                      behind? I'd wanted to ask that myself =)