Re: [torchwood] Re: The Next Actor To Play The Doctor - Speculation

  • Leanne
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 9, 2008
      There are also
      like 12-1 odds for Tony Head who I think would be kinda cool but I'm
      not sure if I could overlook the Giles factor.

      >>I could overlook the Giles factor- I've seen him do others things. He's a strong enough actor that you get caught up in it. What I CAN'T overlook is that he's ALL READY been on the show. How would they explain that?

      And why do you say there are 12-1 odds? I don't actually know what 12-1 odds means, lol!

    • badblokebob
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 10, 2008
        > I could overlook the Giles factor- I've seen him do others things. He's a strong enough
        actor that you get caught up in it. What I CAN'T overlook is that he's ALL READY been on
        the show. How would they explain that?

        > And why do you say there are 12-1 odds? I don't actually know what 12-1 odds means,
        lol!

        Probably in a similar way to how they explained Lala Ward or Colin Baker turning up again.
        In fact, considering the fan-ness of the writers, I expect they'd use exactly the same
        explanation.

        12-1 odds are what you'd get if you placed money on Anthony Head being the next
        Doctor with a bookmaker. It basically means that for every £1 you placed on him you'd get
        £12 back (plus your original stake, I believe, so £13) if he was cast.

        Gotta keep an eye on bookies if you do go placing bets, mind. Besides the obvious risks of
        gambling, the Radio Times recently published an article on the identity of the Stig in Top
        Gear, which included odds for betting. Reading the small print showed that to actually win
        the Stig had to be revealed on Top Gear itself -- so if his identity was blown in the press
        and the show itself chose to ignore it, you wouldn't get a penny!
      • badblokebob
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 10, 2008
          Forgot to mention, the latest odds can be found here:

          http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_event&category=SPECIALS&class_sort=--
          &ev_id=775393&ev_class_id=72&ev_type_id=7771&force_racing_css=N

          (apologies if the link doesn't work for any reason)
        • BJ
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 10, 2008
            Over on the Highlander list a lot of people think Peter Wingfield (Methos in Highlander) would be great as the next Doctor. Personally I can't see it but I think he would do very well indeed as the Master.

            BJ.

            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 11, 2008
              What about John Hannah?