Oh no you didn't!!! - was - Out.com

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2008
      []
      Oh no you didn't!!!
      []

      *HEADDESK*

      <http://www.outinphiladelphia.com/home/news.asp?articleid=32569>CHELSEA
      HANDLER TO HOST THE 15TH ANNUAL OUT100 AWARDS
      OIA Newswire

      November 4, 2008 (New York) – Out magazine's
      December/January special double issue takes on an
      Old Hollywood theme to pay tribute to 100 actors,
      musicians, writers, fashion designers,
      politicians and social figures who have made
      significant strides in the gay community in 2008.
      To mark the issue's release, Out Editor in Chief
      Aaron Hicklin, along with Bristol Myers-Squibb
      and Regent Media CEO Paul Colichman, will host a
      high-energy, tastemaker awards event at Gotham Hall in New York City.

      Chelsea Handler, star of Oxygen's Girls Behaving
      Badly and E!'s Chelsea Lately, will host the
      night's ceremony. This year's live performances
      include a glam, disco, funk reunion of Patti
      LaBelle, Nona Hendryx and Sarah Dash of Labelle,
      Stax Records' artist Nikka Costa and Island Records' Sam Sparro.

      The event's 1500+ guest list includes industry
      elite from across the media and advertising
      industry, along with tastemakers from the
      national gay community and Out100 honorees.

      A full rollout of Out100 honorees, including
      Rachel Maddow, host of MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow
      Show, will be announced exclusively on
      out.com/out100 over the next two weeks, leading
      up to the on-sale date of the issue. Check back
      at <http://www.out.com/out100/>www.out.com/out100
      daily for exclusive videos featuring all of this year's honorees

      "As in previous years, the Out100 Awards reflects
      an extraordinary range of talent and
      accomplishment in almost every walk of life,
      including boldface names, both new and old, and
      many more people soldiering quietly under the
      radar to improve the quality of all our lives,"
      said Hicklin. "While gay men and women continue
      to face hurdles in our quest for equality, the
      roll call of names shows how much we have to
      celebrate. From fresh names like MSNBC
      correspondent Rachel Maddow and Broadway star
      Cheyenne Jackson, to living legends such as
      playwright Edward Albee and actor Ian McKellen,
      this year's Out100 is a paean to our contribution
      to the cultural and social fabric of America."

      The Out100 event, presented by Bristol
      Myers-Squibb, offers guests the opportunity to
      get involved in the Light to Unite: World AIDS
      Day campaign. Guests can participate by lighting
      a virtual candle on the Bristol-Myers Squibb
      website and making a donation to the National
      AIDS Fund to help support the fight against HIV/AIDS in the U.S.

      Additionally, the night launches a national
      liquidity fund-raising program partnership
      between Out and Levi's, with proceeds from the
      event's silent auction going to The
      Hetrick-Martin Institute. Guests will also be
      welcomed into the HSBC Premiere Lounge, get Old
      Hollywood style travel tips with Expedia, visit
      the Macy's Walk of Fame, enjoy custom cocktails
      from Absolut, and experience the styles of Out100
      partners Diet Pepsi Max, PureVia and Vikram Chatwal Hotels.

      Follow the excitement of the 2008 Out100 with
      videos of the honorees, event partners, and the
      party found exclusively at <http://www.out.com/out100/>www.out.com/out100.

      About Out magazine

      Out is the definitive personal style guide for
      men, offering the latest trends and service
      information for a highly evolved and active consumer.

      About Regent Media

      Formed in 2008 by Regent Entertainment
      co-founders Paul Colichman and Stephen P.
      Jarchow, Regent Media is the world's most dynamic
      LGBT-targeted, multi-platform media company. The
      company includes here! Networks, America's
      premium gay and lesbian television network airing
      in 96 of the top 100 U.S. markets, including
      every top ten market. Regent Media also publishes
      America's best known magazines and books for the
      gay and lesbian market with brands including The
      Advocate, Out, The Out Traveler and HIV Plus, as
      well as the Alyson Books publishing division.
      Regent Media's online presence incorporates the
      award-winning Advocate.com, Out.com,
      OutTraveler.com and HIVPlusMag.com with Gaywired
      Media, one of the leading digital media companies
      targeting the LGBT consumer. The company boasts a
      dynamic and diverse staff in Los Angeles and New
      York as well as a portfolio of media properties
      that are rich in cultural significance, history,
      entertainment, fashion and stunning imagery. For
      more information on Regent Media and its brands,
      log on to <http://www.regentmedia.com/>www.regentmedia.com. [11/4/08]

      source:
      <http://www.outinphiladelphia.com/home/news.asp?articleid=32569>http://www.outinphiladelphia.com/home/news.asp?articleid=32569

      ----------

      Okay... I hope that it is a great-fabulous
      celebration (and I'm certain John's schedule will
      prevent him from attending) - but [apologies in
      advance to any Chelsea fans] CHELSEA HANDLER?!
      *headdesk* I saw her interview Joe Flanigan over
      the summer on her show and she came across as the
      most
      fixated-on-her-own-agenda-obnoxious-believes-in-her-own-publicity
      bimbette! We can only hope that she's better
      under this sort of circumstance than on her own
      show.... *shudder* Well on the bright side I
      would put her a few levels above Ruby Wax (the
      woman John was unfortunately sharing co-hosting
      duties for E!'s Red Carpet Arrivals for the 2007
      BAFTAs) *MASSIVE SHUDDERS* then again it wouldn't
      take much to be BETTER than Ruby! [and I make no
      apologies to Ruby Wax fans except "I'm sorry you're a fan." *eg*]

      ---
      <http://tinyurl.com/6oe2fg>
      pfyre's scribbles

      'Precious and rare all Love is, gender matters not.'