Re: Torchwood Filming News? [POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR THE SPOILER AVERSE]

  • llai201
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2008
      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dean L. Kaufman" <deanlkaufman@...>
      wrote:

      > For some strange reason, there happens to be a new season of Torchwood
      > filming. Some casting news was made. No news reports of anybody
      > being added to Torchwood cast. There are no filming reports. There
      > is no leaked news about what is going on or how long filming will
      > take. This group has been completely silent about what is going on
      > with Torchwood. What is up with that?
      >
      > Dean

      What we know is that Series 3 is being filmed as we speak,
      titled "Children of Earth." It is to air in the UK on BBC One in the
      early spring of 2009. It is directed by Euros Lyn (who did the Doctor
      Who episodes The Girl in the Fireplace, The Runaway Bride, Silence in
      the Library and Forest of the Dead). Principals Barrowman, Myles, and
      David-Lloyd will be returning, as will Kai Owen as Rhys and Tom Price
      as PC Andy. It will involve a single story arc - a "mini-series" if
      you will, that will take place over 5 one-hour episodes. This is the
      series tryout on BBC One to see if it will continue as a series on that
      channel. The series will air in the US on BBC America shortly after
      airing on BBC One.

      WARNING THE FOLLOWING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
      (Depending on your Definition of Spoilers)
      So DON"T LOOK IF YOU DON"T LIKE SPOILERS!!!!!

      OK, so despite many rumors of the return of Frema Agyeman as Martha
      Jones, and Noel Clarke as Mickey Smith, there is no conformation
      regarding this. In fact, Frema Agyeman is slated to star in Law and
      Order: UK, so the thought is that she will be doing that instead.
      Furthermore, there may be fewer episodes because John Barrowman
      starring in his own variety show (a la Sonny and Cher). This may spell
      more limited involvement in future series of Torchwood should it be
      successful in BBC One.

      There has been released a LONG list of guest stars, some of whom have
      been hinted by producers to be possible replacements for the lamented
      Tosh and Owen. Apparently the plot involves a meteor hitting the
      Millenium Center (or so people think after watching the stars scurrying
      around a bombed out crater during filming at the Millennium Center).

      That's all I know.
    • Carole
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2008
        WARNING THE FOLLOWING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
        (Depending on your Definition of Spoilers)
        So DON"T LOOK IF YOU DON"T LIKE SPOILERS!!!!!

        >Furthermore, there may be fewer episodes because John Barrowman
        starring in his own variety show (a la Sonny and Cher). This may spell
        more limited involvement in future series of Torchwood should it be
        successful in BBC One.<

        John's new variety show is still at the development stage and has
        absolutely no bearing on the current series of Torchwood only being 5
        episodes long. Nor has he indicated anything other than complete
        commitment to the show in future. In any event, there's no reason why
        John couldn't do TW and a new Saturday night show, just like he did with
        the Maria, Joseph and Nancy shows which were also on TV while TW was
        filming.

        Carole