Re: [torchwood] Torchwood Filming News?

  • Leanne
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2 3:43 PM
      Yeah, they didn't say much at the Hub... until they got drunk. Then a couple of them dropped some spoilers I just did NOT want to hear LOL!

      -L

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2 7:53 PM
        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dean L. Kaufman" <deanlkaufman@...>
        wrote:

        > For some strange reason, there happens to be a new season of Torchwood
        > filming. Some casting news was made. No news reports of anybody
        > being added to Torchwood cast. There are no filming reports. There
        > is no leaked news about what is going on or how long filming will
        > take. This group has been completely silent about what is going on
        > with Torchwood. What is up with that?
        >
        > Dean

        What we know is that Series 3 is being filmed as we speak,
        titled "Children of Earth." It is to air in the UK on BBC One in the
        early spring of 2009. It is directed by Euros Lyn (who did the Doctor
        Who episodes The Girl in the Fireplace, The Runaway Bride, Silence in
        the Library and Forest of the Dead). Principals Barrowman, Myles, and
        David-Lloyd will be returning, as will Kai Owen as Rhys and Tom Price
        as PC Andy. It will involve a single story arc - a "mini-series" if
        you will, that will take place over 5 one-hour episodes. This is the
        series tryout on BBC One to see if it will continue as a series on that
        channel. The series will air in the US on BBC America shortly after
        airing on BBC One.

        WARNING THE FOLLOWING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
        (Depending on your Definition of Spoilers)
        So DON"T LOOK IF YOU DON"T LIKE SPOILERS!!!!!

        OK, so despite many rumors of the return of Frema Agyeman as Martha
        Jones, and Noel Clarke as Mickey Smith, there is no conformation
        regarding this. In fact, Frema Agyeman is slated to star in Law and
        Order: UK, so the thought is that she will be doing that instead.
        Furthermore, there may be fewer episodes because John Barrowman
        starring in his own variety show (a la Sonny and Cher). This may spell
        more limited involvement in future series of Torchwood should it be
        successful in BBC One.

        There has been released a LONG list of guest stars, some of whom have
        been hinted by producers to be possible replacements for the lamented
        Tosh and Owen. Apparently the plot involves a meteor hitting the
        Millenium Center (or so people think after watching the stars scurrying
        around a bombed out crater during filming at the Millennium Center).

        That's all I know.
      • Carole
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3 2:06 PM
          WARNING THE FOLLOWING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
          (Depending on your Definition of Spoilers)
          So DON"T LOOK IF YOU DON"T LIKE SPOILERS!!!!!

          >Furthermore, there may be fewer episodes because John Barrowman
          starring in his own variety show (a la Sonny and Cher). This may spell
          more limited involvement in future series of Torchwood should it be
          successful in BBC One.<

          John's new variety show is still at the development stage and has
          absolutely no bearing on the current series of Torchwood only being 5
          episodes long. Nor has he indicated anything other than complete
          commitment to the show in future. In any event, there's no reason why
          John couldn't do TW and a new Saturday night show, just like he did with
          the Maria, Joseph and Nancy shows which were also on TV while TW was
          filming.

          Carole