Re: [torchwood] Torchwood Filming News?

  • Karel
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2008
      I'm getting all my news from various website. There is a ton of pics and video out there. Things are quiet now so I have a feeling they are inside but there are a lot of reports from outside filming, including many spoilers.

      I have a feeling not much is mentioned here because of the spoilers.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2008
        Yeah, they didn't say much at the Hub... until they got drunk. Then a couple of them dropped some spoilers I just did NOT want to hear LOL!

        -L

        At 02:55 PM 11/1/2008, Dean L. Kaufman, annotated:
        >For some strange reason, there happens to be a new season of
        >Torchwood filming. Some casting news was made. No news reports of
        >anybody being added to Torchwood cast. There are no filming reports.
        >There is no leaked news about what is going on or how long filming
        >will take. This group has been completely silent about what is going
        >on with Torchwood. What is up with that?
        >
        >Dean

        there have been numerous reports on the TW LJ comms about filming
        including pics etc. - one person even got a part of a call sheet that
        was left behind

        as far as cast additions - there are some people mentioned being
        there - and that supposedly there are few red herrings as to who
        would added permanently

        and there were loads of reports from 'The Hub' a Torchwood convention
        in Northhampton (I think that's the location) and the cast was there
        except for Eve and Burn - John, Gareth, Naoko, Kai plus the actors
        who portrayed Grey and young Jack, Carys, etc. and the stunt guys
        that do the Weevils and the BlowFish aliens, etc. - but of course
        they couldn't share much in the way of what's coming in series 3

        but then again this coming series isn't exactly a 'normal' series
        with ONLY 5 eps intended to air five nights in a row on BBC1 - so
        they may be waiting on the 'new' cast until the next series (toes and
        fingers crossed that series 3 does well on BBC1 and is picked up for
        another series)

        pfyre
        ---
        <http://tinyurl.com/6oe2fg>
        pfyre's scribbles

        'Precious and rare all Love is, gender matters not.'

      • llai201
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2008
          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dean L. Kaufman" <deanlkaufman@...>
          wrote:

          > For some strange reason, there happens to be a new season of Torchwood
          > filming. Some casting news was made. No news reports of anybody
          > being added to Torchwood cast. There are no filming reports. There
          > is no leaked news about what is going on or how long filming will
          > take. This group has been completely silent about what is going on
          > with Torchwood. What is up with that?
          >
          > Dean

          What we know is that Series 3 is being filmed as we speak,
          titled "Children of Earth." It is to air in the UK on BBC One in the
          early spring of 2009. It is directed by Euros Lyn (who did the Doctor
          Who episodes The Girl in the Fireplace, The Runaway Bride, Silence in
          the Library and Forest of the Dead). Principals Barrowman, Myles, and
          David-Lloyd will be returning, as will Kai Owen as Rhys and Tom Price
          as PC Andy. It will involve a single story arc - a "mini-series" if
          you will, that will take place over 5 one-hour episodes. This is the
          series tryout on BBC One to see if it will continue as a series on that
          channel. The series will air in the US on BBC America shortly after
          airing on BBC One.

          WARNING THE FOLLOWING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
          (Depending on your Definition of Spoilers)
          So DON"T LOOK IF YOU DON"T LIKE SPOILERS!!!!!

          OK, so despite many rumors of the return of Frema Agyeman as Martha
          Jones, and Noel Clarke as Mickey Smith, there is no conformation
          regarding this. In fact, Frema Agyeman is slated to star in Law and
          Order: UK, so the thought is that she will be doing that instead.
          Furthermore, there may be fewer episodes because John Barrowman
          starring in his own variety show (a la Sonny and Cher). This may spell
          more limited involvement in future series of Torchwood should it be
          successful in BBC One.

          There has been released a LONG list of guest stars, some of whom have
          been hinted by producers to be possible replacements for the lamented
          Tosh and Owen. Apparently the plot involves a meteor hitting the
          Millenium Center (or so people think after watching the stars scurrying
          around a bombed out crater during filming at the Millennium Center).

          That's all I know.
        • Carole
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2008
            WARNING THE FOLLOWING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
            (Depending on your Definition of Spoilers)
            So DON"T LOOK IF YOU DON"T LIKE SPOILERS!!!!!

            >Furthermore, there may be fewer episodes because John Barrowman
            starring in his own variety show (a la Sonny and Cher). This may spell
            more limited involvement in future series of Torchwood should it be
            successful in BBC One.<

            John's new variety show is still at the development stage and has
            absolutely no bearing on the current series of Torchwood only being 5
            episodes long. Nor has he indicated anything other than complete
            commitment to the show in future. In any event, there's no reason why
            John couldn't do TW and a new Saturday night show, just like he did with
            the Maria, Joseph and Nancy shows which were also on TV while TW was
            filming.

            Carole