Torchwood Filming News?

  • Dean L. Kaufman
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2008
      For some strange reason, there happens to be a new season of Torchwood
      filming. Some casting news was made. No news reports of anybody
      being added to Torchwood cast. There are no filming reports. There
      is no leaked news about what is going on or how long filming will
      take. This group has been completely silent about what is going on
      with Torchwood. What is up with that?

      Dean
    • Karel
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2008
        I'm getting all my news from various website. There is a ton of pics and video out there. Things are quiet now so I have a feeling they are inside but there are a lot of reports from outside filming, including many spoilers.

        I have a feeling not much is mentioned here because of the spoilers.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2008
          At 02:55 PM 11/1/2008, Dean L. Kaufman, annotated:
          >For some strange reason, there happens to be a new season of
          >Torchwood filming. Some casting news was made. No news reports of
          >anybody being added to Torchwood cast. There are no filming reports.
          >There is no leaked news about what is going on or how long filming
          >will take. This group has been completely silent about what is going
          >on with Torchwood. What is up with that?
          >
          >Dean

          there have been numerous reports on the TW LJ comms about filming
          including pics etc. - one person even got a part of a call sheet that
          was left behind

          as far as cast additions - there are some people mentioned being
          there - and that supposedly there are few red herrings as to who
          would added permanently

          and there were loads of reports from 'The Hub' a Torchwood convention
          in Northhampton (I think that's the location) and the cast was there
          except for Eve and Burn - John, Gareth, Naoko, Kai plus the actors
          who portrayed Grey and young Jack, Carys, etc. and the stunt guys
          that do the Weevils and the BlowFish aliens, etc. - but of course
          they couldn't share much in the way of what's coming in series 3

          but then again this coming series isn't exactly a 'normal' series
          with ONLY 5 eps intended to air five nights in a row on BBC1 - so
          they may be waiting on the 'new' cast until the next series (toes and
          fingers crossed that series 3 does well on BBC1 and is picked up for
          another series)

          pfyre
          ---
          <http://tinyurl.com/6oe2fg>
          pfyre's scribbles

          'Precious and rare all Love is, gender matters not.'

        • Leanne
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2008
            Yeah, they didn't say much at the Hub... until they got drunk. Then a couple of them dropped some spoilers I just did NOT want to hear LOL!

            -L

            At 02:55 PM 11/1/2008, Dean L. Kaufman, annotated:
            >For some strange reason, there happens to be a new season of
            >Torchwood filming. Some casting news was made. No news reports of
            >anybody being added to Torchwood cast. There are no filming reports.
            >There is no leaked news about what is going on or how long filming
            >will take. This group has been completely silent about what is going
            >on with Torchwood. What is up with that?
            >
            >Dean

            there have been numerous reports on the TW LJ comms about filming
            including pics etc. - one person even got a part of a call sheet that
            was left behind

            as far as cast additions - there are some people mentioned being
            there - and that supposedly there are few red herrings as to who
            would added permanently

            and there were loads of reports from 'The Hub' a Torchwood convention
            in Northhampton (I think that's the location) and the cast was there
            except for Eve and Burn - John, Gareth, Naoko, Kai plus the actors
            who portrayed Grey and young Jack, Carys, etc. and the stunt guys
            that do the Weevils and the BlowFish aliens, etc. - but of course
            they couldn't share much in the way of what's coming in series 3

            but then again this coming series isn't exactly a 'normal' series
            with ONLY 5 eps intended to air five nights in a row on BBC1 - so
            they may be waiting on the 'new' cast until the next series (toes and
            fingers crossed that series 3 does well on BBC1 and is picked up for
            another series)

            pfyre
            ---
            <http://tinyurl.com/6oe2fg>
            pfyre's scribbles

            'Precious and rare all Love is, gender matters not.'

          • llai201
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2008
              --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dean L. Kaufman" <deanlkaufman@...>
              wrote:

              > For some strange reason, there happens to be a new season of Torchwood
              > filming. Some casting news was made. No news reports of anybody
              > being added to Torchwood cast. There are no filming reports. There
              > is no leaked news about what is going on or how long filming will
              > take. This group has been completely silent about what is going on
              > with Torchwood. What is up with that?
              >
              > Dean

              What we know is that Series 3 is being filmed as we speak,
              titled "Children of Earth." It is to air in the UK on BBC One in the
              early spring of 2009. It is directed by Euros Lyn (who did the Doctor
              Who episodes The Girl in the Fireplace, The Runaway Bride, Silence in
              the Library and Forest of the Dead). Principals Barrowman, Myles, and
              David-Lloyd will be returning, as will Kai Owen as Rhys and Tom Price
              as PC Andy. It will involve a single story arc - a "mini-series" if
              you will, that will take place over 5 one-hour episodes. This is the
              series tryout on BBC One to see if it will continue as a series on that
              channel. The series will air in the US on BBC America shortly after
              airing on BBC One.

              WARNING THE FOLLOWING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
              (Depending on your Definition of Spoilers)
              So DON"T LOOK IF YOU DON"T LIKE SPOILERS!!!!!

              OK, so despite many rumors of the return of Frema Agyeman as Martha
              Jones, and Noel Clarke as Mickey Smith, there is no conformation
              regarding this. In fact, Frema Agyeman is slated to star in Law and
              Order: UK, so the thought is that she will be doing that instead.
              Furthermore, there may be fewer episodes because John Barrowman
              starring in his own variety show (a la Sonny and Cher). This may spell
              more limited involvement in future series of Torchwood should it be
              successful in BBC One.

              There has been released a LONG list of guest stars, some of whom have
              been hinted by producers to be possible replacements for the lamented
              Tosh and Owen. Apparently the plot involves a meteor hitting the
              Millenium Center (or so people think after watching the stars scurrying
              around a bombed out crater during filming at the Millennium Center).

              That's all I know.
            • Carole
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2008
                WARNING THE FOLLOWING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
                (Depending on your Definition of Spoilers)
                So DON"T LOOK IF YOU DON"T LIKE SPOILERS!!!!!

                >Furthermore, there may be fewer episodes because John Barrowman
                starring in his own variety show (a la Sonny and Cher). This may spell
                more limited involvement in future series of Torchwood should it be
                successful in BBC One.<

                John's new variety show is still at the development stage and has
                absolutely no bearing on the current series of Torchwood only being 5
                episodes long. Nor has he indicated anything other than complete
                commitment to the show in future. In any event, there's no reason why
                John couldn't do TW and a new Saturday night show, just like he did with
                the Maria, Joseph and Nancy shows which were also on TV while TW was
                filming.

                Carole