Re: [torchwood] The Hub

  • Leanne
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 23, 2008
      I wasn't trying to upset people. I know not everyone has the opportunity to go. I live alone and don't even HAVE a job, I'm living on student loans. I'm sorry if I did upset people. I just paid a lot of money for the experiences and feel like they're mine- not to be shared. I am sorry if I offended people. I'll stop talking about this topic now.

      -Leanne

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 23, 2008
        My comment wasn't intended to be mean. My comment was honest. I was sharing how I feel. I paid a lot of money for the experience and I don't feel that I need to share them. I really am sorry if I upset people. My intent was just to be honest, because that's how I feel.

        -L

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 23, 2008
          Everyone's entitled to their own opinion...I've always thought the best
          thing about cons is meeting other fans and sharing stories afterward to
          encourage other people to go and support the actors/shows.

          Be well,
          Katie

          > My comment wasn't intended to be mean. My comment was honest. I was
          > sharing how I feel. I paid a lot of money for the experience and I don't
          > feel that I need to share them. I really am sorry if I upset people. My
          > intent was just to be honest, because that's how I feel.
          >
          > -L

          7:54 AM
        • Kathie
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 24, 2008
            --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "carolemaddern" <carolemaddern@...>
            wrote:

            > I can't believe no one from the group went to the TW convention! I've
            > been checking for feedback, but, since there doesn't seem to be any,
            > thought I'd better post something myself.
            > This was an incredible experience. It was my first convention ever and
            > I was bowled over by it, the way everyone behaved so wonderfully
            > (attendees and guests), all hanging out together, it was amazing!. I
            > came home a happy bunny, clutching my autographs and memorabilia, with
            > memories of 'encounters', though not of the 'intimate' variety that was
            > up for the highest bidders! (£500 plus to sit next to Gareth for a
            > Chinese meal?!--way out of my league.)
            > Among the many insights and discoveries the weekend gave me, I was
            > struck by what a wicked sense of humour Gareth has; now I know how
            > Ianto cracks his one-liners with such panache. Gareth's impression of
            > John (after JB had left!) was hysterical, offering his take on John:
            > loud, GAY and outrageously extrovert. Anyway, perhaps others might post
            > their experiences?
            > Best,
            > Carole

            Here! Here! I agree whole-heartedly with Katie. I'm half way across
            the world, but after watching (several times)I really enjoyed the
            atmosphere as if I was in the room too.

            Meeting the people who are like minded is more than half the fun and
            after my adventures in Cardiff, I can totally identify.

            Experiences like that create sharing and bonding, as well as
            friendships that can last a lifetime.

            A little side note to L. Take a breath and smile. We understand your
            intent wasn't to upset anyone.

            *Sigh* Still asking? What would it take to get a convention in Aus?
            *grins*

            Kathie.
          • Lynn
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 24, 2008
              From: Kathie <kathleen.bethany.brown@...>

              > *Sigh* Still asking? What would it take to get a convention in Aus?
              > *grins*

              Same as it would anywhere -- either 1) a professional convention running company who thinks TW would be profitable for them or 2) an incredibly dedicated group of fans willing to risk their life savings and work their asses off for 9-12 months.

              Lynn (recovered convention organizer)