Re: [torchwood] Ep 13 question- Jack's first resuscitation

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2007
      At 02:45 AM 1/7/2007, Deborah Taylor wrote:
      ***** BEGIN ORIGINAL MESSAGE *****
      >Or he might have been playing dead to see what the rest of the gang
      >would do.

      I don't think so - he knew how dangerous it was to open the rift and he
      would not have just played dead while the proceeded to do just that

      plus we saw that repeated injury does effect Jack's recovery time - the
      first time the Cyberwoman, Lisa, deleted Jack - he was back on his feet
      fairly quickly - though obviously not 100% - the second time she
      deleted him - he was dead much longer and obviously suffering from the
      aftereffects when he started moving and then moved to kiss Ianto awake

      I thought Owen shot him three times - once in the head and twice in the
      chest (once on each side)? but whether it was three or five - it
      obviously took longer for Jack's body to resurrect than just a single
      shot as we saw in the first episode

      >On 5 Jan 2007, at 22:57, Elizabeth Holden wrote:
      > >
      > > --- donutsweeps <donutsweeps@...> wrote:
      >>>
      >>>We've seen Jack come back to life on Torchwood before. ... Why was
      >>>his reaction to Owen's shooting him that different?
      >>
      >>I don't think there is any reason to think all his deaths are the
      >>same, or that all the injuries take the same length of time to heal.
      >>Suzie shot him once. Owen shot him five times.
      >>
      >>Also, the malign psychic presence of Abaddon might have influenced
      >>things.
      ++++++++ END ORIGINAL MESSAGE ++++++++