Re: [torchwood] Now I'm convinced...

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 20, 2008
      At 09:35 PM 8/19/2008, Michael DeVault, annotated:

      >SPOILER SPACE, just in case
      >
      >\\
      >\
      >\
      >\
      >\
      >\
      >\
      >
      >\
      >\
      >\
      >\
      >\
      >\
      >\
      >\
      >\
      >\
      >
      >I'm convinced -- almost completely -- that the third season of
      >Doctor Who revealed the Doctor's name not once -- but Twice.
      >
      >First, in the episode "The Family Blood", when the little boy is
      >looking at the watch, the watch whispers a name. I'm convinced of
      >that. However, I had said it sounded something like Gilliad. I was
      >close. Because that's verrrry close to what the Doctor is called at
      >the end of "The Last of the Time Lords."
      >
      >The Master looks at the camera during the broadcast to Martha and
      >says, "Say hello, Gandol."
      >
      >Anyone want to give a better explanation?
      >
      >md

      as mentioned by others he said "Say hello, Gandolf" and obvious
      reference to Lord of the Rings

      and as for the 'mention' in 'The Family of Blood' I don't believe
      whatever the watch was whispering was the Doctor's name

      RTD and the others have been very cagey about details about the
      Doctor's past and as evidence by the Library episode - the Doctor's
      name is nothing to be spread around frivolously

      pfyre