Re: Off Topics

  • Roslyn Lamb
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15 10:51 AM
      It's my understanding that these broadcasts are restricted to people accessing from the UK

      Friends in other countries who have tried to listen to or watch BBC broadcasts from the
      websites, if they live in other countries, get a message saying that they aren't able to
      access the service.

      Ros

      MODERATORS NOTE:

      The live Radio 4 feed is not restricted like the majority of the videos are (I'm listening to it here in Belgium at the moment).

      The reason for the videos and some other content being blocked in other countries is purely to do with selling the programs transmission rights (ie Torchwood to sci-fi Netherlands).

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Carole <caroleagordon@...> wrote:

      > >People here are going to be talking about about "Lost Souls".
      > Spoilers are going to be required for those with no access to
      > listening to it.<
      >
      > Everyone with a computer with internet access (so presumably everyone on
      > this list!) will have access to listening to the radio episode, via the
      > BBC website, either at the time of the broadcast (14:15 BST on 10
      > September) using the Listen Live link, or through the Listen Again
      > feature, which anyone anywhere should be able to access.
      >
      > http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/
      >
      > http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/bigbang/torchwood.shtml
      >
      > Carole

    • Joni
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15 10:56 AM
        Hi Carole,
        I'm not sure but I suspect on line access will be limited to those in
        UK. Do you know that this won't be the case because that would be
        excellent!!!

        Joni

        On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Carole <caroleagordon@...> wrote:
        >>People here are going to be talking about about "Lost Souls".
        > Spoilers are going to be required for those with no access to
        > listening to it.<
        >
        > Everyone with a computer with internet access (so presumably everyone on
        > this list!) will have access to listening to the radio episode, via the
        > BBC website, either at the time of the broadcast (14:15 BST on 10
        > September) using the Listen Live link, or through the Listen Again
        > feature, which anyone anywhere should be able to access.
        >
        > http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/
        >
        > http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/bigbang/torchwood.shtml
        >
        > Carole
      • Carole
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15 12:39 PM
          > I'm not sure but I suspect on line access will be limited to those in
          > UK. Do you know that this won't be the case because that would be
          > excellent!!!>

          My friends in the US and Australia have been able to access the BBC
          radio stations through the website. You can always try it out! Click
          the "Listen live" button on the BBC Radio 4 webpage and see if it works
          for you.

          http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/

          Carole
        • sem
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 15 7:48 PM
            > It's my understanding that these broadcasts are restricted to
            > people accessing from the UK
            >
            > Friends in other countries who have tried to listen to or
            > watch BBC broadcasts from the websites, if they live in other
            > countries, get a message saying that they aren't able to
            > access the service.

            I regularly listen to Radio 1 live and archived Radio 2 book readings and
            I'm in the US. As for iPlayer, well, forget it.

            Catzy
          • dennis tuchalski
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 16 10:12 PM
              I just checked out the links and had an absolutely great connection.
              BTW, I live in midwest america. Now, looking forward to the show!!!!
              Gotta figure out how to record it.......hints?

              dennis