List Owner - Group Is On Hand Moderation - Read Before Posting Again

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2008
      For the forseeable future, the whole group is hand-moderated.

      To everybody - before making your next post, read the spoiler policy.

      If you have a problem with a message that got through here - send the
      message to torchwood-owner@yahoogroups.com so the moderation team can
      see it. DO NOT post the complaint to the group. For all the recent
      issues, I am hard pressed to find more than one hand worth of
      complaints posted to the moderation team *before* complaining group
      wide. That changes now.

      If you have an issue with the moderation team, my e-mail address is
      visible in the from line of this message. E-mail me in those cases.
      DO NOT post the complaint to the group.

      And in case it is not obvious from the spoiler policy - the group is
      not here to debate the spoiler policy.

      Since we are on hand moderation, substitute loss of ability to post
      messages for a period and/or banning for the phrase "placed on hand
      moderation".

      Hand moderating and having rules mean nothing, by the way.

      A group like this will succeed if the members want it to succeed and
      post accordingly.

      A group like this will fail and have the plug pulled on it if the
      members want it to fail and post accordingly.

      Thanks for reading.

      Benjamin Elliott
      List Owner, Torchwood This Week