DT about his involvement or lack thereof in the next series of DW (SPOILERS)

  • TicTacOrange@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2008
      *

      He confirms that he's all ready been signed on DEFINITELY to film the specials next year. So- unless he's just out right lying, he's not regenerating... I hope.

    • badblokebob
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2008
        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, TicTacOrange@... wrote:

        > *
        >

        > *
        >

        > *
        >

        > *
        >

        > *
        >

        > *
        >

        > *
        >

        > *
        >

        > *
        >

        > *
        > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7442418.stm
        >
        > He confirms that he's all ready been signed on DEFINITELY to film
        the specials next year. So- unless he's just out right lying, he's
        not regenerating... I hope.

        Note when that video was posted though -- almost a month ago, and he
        confirmed he was definitely doing the specials much earlier than
        that. Considering RTD's penchant for lying (see: Daleks in season 2;
        the return of the Master; etc), and Tennant's 'on message' approach
        to publicity, he could well have been lying to preserve the mystery.

        Personally, though, I reckon there's some twist to the regeneration --
        if he was actually changing, revealing the new actor would've been a
        greater cliffhanger than the regeneration itself, I'm sure. From a
        publicity perspective, the cliffhanger they've got is a bit like
        saying to the papers, "we have a new actor, you have one week to leak
        it". Doesn't seem a very RTD-like gamble. But you never know...