Re: [torchwood] Warning to non-UK Whovians re. 'Stolen Earth': keep off the net!

  • Robbie
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 30, 2008
      I'm not a Whovian, but I am a non-UK Torchwoodian (like my word?).
      If I miss any of this, I am going to be pis, er, I mean, ticked off!!  Which ep number is this?  I don't intend to look for spoilage; I just want to make sure I don't miss the opportunity to tape this, if I can ever figure out how to record from my 'lousy new unit.'  I hold the book in one hand and the remote in the other, and I get absolutely nowhere!  It allegedly records on both VCR and DVD.  If I don't get to tape this, I will check the torrent, or whatever that's called.

      Robbie

      From: TicTacOrange@...
      Date: Saturday, June 28, 2008 6:28 pm
      Subject: Re: [torchwood] Warning to non-UK Whovians re. 'Stolen Earth':
      keep off the net!
      To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com

      > I accidentally all ready was spoiled. I was on youtube, watching
      > a clip from 2006- so I figured I was safe- but one of the
      > comments people psted was about?the ep and it was the *big* one.
      > I am *sooo* upset. Anyone know where I can get the episode on-
      > line though??

    • j phil
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
        episodes 12 and 13 of doctor who contain torchwood characters.
        jennifer

        Date: Sunday, June 29, 2008, 6:50 AM

        http://www.mininova .org/get/ 1548044

        > I accidentally all ready was spoiled. I was on youtube, watching

        > a clip from 2006- so I figured I was safe- but one of the

        > comments people psted was about?the ep and it was the *big* one.

        > I am *sooo* upset. Anyone know where I can get the episode on-

        > line though??

      • Blue Rose
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
          Dude...like it or not...that's considered to be a spoiler. Stop it.

          Email: bluerose156@...
          AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156
          http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com
          ~

        • j phil
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
            spoiler
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            Sorry 'dude'. I'm normally very careful about spoilers, but didn't realize this was considered a spoiler, and obviously the persons post I was answering didn't realize either. All the "next episode" previews contain that much info, soooo... Also, first time I've posted as I've wanted to stay out of all the mess and I guess I'll probably lie low until this whole thing is over.
            jennifer

            Email: bluerose156@ gmail.com
            AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156
            http://x-bluerose- x.livejournal. com
            ~
            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Boston_ Gothic
            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Boston_ Mystic
            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Boston- Pagans

          • Joni
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
              spoiler

              spoiler

              spoiler

              spoiler

              spoiler

              spoiler

              spoiler

              spoiler

              spoiler

              spoiler

              I'd actually watch 11 too. While they aren't in the episode our current
              Torchwood team is referenced and it's kinda cool to hear it.

              Joni

              On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 7:18 AM, j phil <jmphil4@...> wrote:

              > episodes 12 and 13 of doctor who contain torchwood characters.
              > jennifer
              >
              > --- On Tue, 7/1/08, Robbie <lonerider_98512@...<lonerider_98512%40yahoo.com>>
              > wrote:
              > From: Robbie <lonerider_98512@... <lonerider_98512%40yahoo.com>>
              >

              > I'm not a Whovian, but I am a non-UK Torchwoodian (like my word?).
              >
              > If I miss any of this, I am going to be pis, er, I mean, ticked off!! Which
              > ep number is this? I don't intend to look for spoilage; I just want to make
              > sure I don't miss the opportunity to tape this, if I can ever figure out how
              > to record from my 'lousy new unit.' I hold the book in one hand and the
              > remote in the other, and I get absolutely nowhere! It allegedly records on
              > both VCR and DVD. If I don't get to tape this, I will check the torrent, or
              > whatever that's called.
              >
              > Robbie

            • Blue Rose
              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
                .

                On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 8:01 AM, j phil <jmphil4@...> wrote:

                > spoiler
                > *
                > *
                > *
                > *
                > *
                > *
                > *
                > *
                > *
                > *
                > *
                > *
                > Sorry 'dude'. I'm normally very careful about spoilers, but didn't realize
                > this was considered a spoiler, and obviously the persons post I was
                > answering didn't realize either. All the "next episode" previews contain
                > that much info, soooo... Also, first time I've posted as I've wanted to stay
                > out of all the mess and I guess I'll probably lie low until this whole thing
                > is over.
                > jennifer

                Yeah, "next episode" if you're in the UK. Some of us are not

                Please tone down the sarcasm and have a little courtesy. Thanks.

                Message 7 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  **
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  Sorry about the sarcasm--I thought you were being rude/sarcastic and was replying in kind. Really tired. I apologize. However, I don't think my reply was really that rude, or lacking in courtesy. I put spoiler space in and explained what happened.

                   I also am not in the UK, so I know how annoying spoilers are--I myself was spoiled, but I'm of the camp that doesn't instantly email "stop spoiling" ever time someone may or may not write something that could be construed as a spoiler. Obviously we have different opinions about how these things should be handled, and I've probably come in at the end of everyone being esp. strained by the spoilers while I ignored most of the emails. I didn't expect anyone to instantly say "stop spoiling" when I was just trying to answer a question that didn't have any spoiler space in it.

                  Anyway, I didn't mean to be too sarcastic, and apologize again for the sarcastic "dude".
                  jennifer

                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
                    On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 8:55 AM, j phil <jmphil4@...> wrote:

                    > *
                    > *
                    > *
                    > *
                    > **
                    > *
                    > *
                    > *
                    > Sorry about the sarcasm--I thought you were being rude/sarcastic and was
                    > replying in kind. Really tired. I apologize. However, I don't think my reply
                    > was really that rude, or lacking in courtesy. I put spoiler space in and
                    > explained what happened.

                    All good. :) Tensions are REALLY running high for the DW finale and people
                    are flipping out right and left. It's very easy to misread stuff and I
                    apologize if I came across as being sarcastic or rude.

                    I'm originally from NY, so my vocab is...colorful.

                    > I also am not in the UK, so I know how annoying spoilers are--I myself was
                    > spoiled, but I'm of the camp that doesn't instantly email "stop spoiling"
                    > ever time someone may or may not write something that could be construed as
                    > a spoiler. Obviously we have different opinions about how these things
                    > should be handled, and I've probably come in at the end of everyone being
                    > esp. strained by the spoilers while I ignored most of the emails. I didn't
                    > expect anyone to instantly say "stop spoiling" when I was just trying to
                    > answer a question that didn't have any spoiler space in it.
                    >
                    > Anyway, I didn't mean to be too sarcastic, and apologize again for the
                    > sarcastic "dude".

                    Again, all good and I apologize as well. I am still annoyed because on a
                    list I help to mod, someone came in and instantly spoiled the ending of the
                    last ep for everyone and then left in a huff when I modded him.
                    Unfortunately this interaction is coloring my reactions to other spoiler
                    reveals on other lists....

                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
                      Stolen Earth is 4.12 of Who

                      > I'm not a Whovian, but I am a non-UK Torchwoodian (like my word?).
                      > If I miss any of this, I am going to be pis, er, I mean, ticked
                      > off!! Which ep number is this? I don't intend to look for
                      > spoilage; I just want to make sure I don't miss the opportunity
                      > to tape this, if I can ever figure out how to record from my
                      > 'lousy new unit.' I hold the book in one hand and the remote in
                      > the other, and I get absolutely nowhere! It allegedly records
                      > on both VCR and DVD. If I don't get to tape this, I will check
                      > the torrent, or whatever that's called.
                      >
                      > Robbie
                      >
                      > --- On Sun, 6/29/08, maxngerry@...
                      > wrote:
                      > From: maxngerry@...
                      > Subject: Re: [torchwood] Warning to non-UK Whovians re. 'Stolen
                      > Earth': keep off the net!
                      > To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                      > Date: Sunday, June 29, 2008, 6:50 AM
                      >
                      > http://www.mininova.org/get/1548044

                      Namaste,
                      Max (Maxime@...)
                      http://stores.ebay.com/Shopping-the-Rift

                    • Leslie McCrea
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
                        Those who are looking to download tv shows can try surfthechannel.com

                        Trust endings and beginnings; it's your soul changing direction.
                      • Robbie
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jul 5, 2008
                          Thanks for the info.  I'm finally finding out about this for sure.

                          Robbie

                          Message 12 of 29 , Jul 5, 2008
                            Dude, are you a mod?  If you are, stop exactly what?  If you aren't, don't be telling anyone to stop anything unless you're kidding.

                            Robbie

                            Message 13 of 29 , Jul 5, 2008
                              I wasn't kidding. And I have the right to request that people actually be
                              polite. If you don't like it, there's the delete key.

                              Message 14 of 29 , Jul 17, 2008
                                To bluerose:  I don't find your "dude" message to be polite at all.  If you have the right to request politeness, so do I.  Quit being so testy.  This has been a great list as far as I'm concerned.  Let's keep it that way, eh?  Trust me - I am on super terms with the delete key.

                                Message 15 of 29 , Jul 18, 2008
                                  So... your reply to that was to be rude yourself? O_O Way to go being a
                                  hypocrite!

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jul 21, 2008
                                    I replied privately, which is what I should have done to begin with.

                                    Mea culpa....

                                    Robbie

                                    wrote:

                                    > To bluerose: I don't find your "dude" message to be polite
                                    at all. If you
                                    > have the right to request politeness, so do I. Quit being so testy. This
                                    > has been a great list as far as I'm concerned. Let's keep it that
                                    way, eh?
                                    > Trust me - I am on super terms with the delete key.

                                  • whovianluv
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jul 23, 2008
                                      ---Sorry to butt in on this conversation but this has went on too
                                      long for me to stay here. Every month there is the same argument on
                                      this list. I joined here to talk and find out about Torchwood, and
                                      not to constantly listen to people argue about spoilers. I thought
                                      that this would be a good group and I'm sorry to leave but I see in
                                      the future the owner will probably have to close down again just to
                                      get people to stop arguing. Hope that you guys can get back to what
                                      was supposed to be the heart of this group, Torchwood. whovianluv

                                      In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Robbie <lonerider_98512@...> wrote:

                                      > To bluerose:  I don't find your "dude" message to be polite at
                                      all.  If you have the right to request politeness, so do I.  Quit
                                      being so testy.  This has been a great list as far as I'm concerned.
                                      Let's keep it that way, eh?  Trust me - I am on super terms with the
                                      delete key.

                                    • Beverly Dee
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jul 23, 2008
                                        I just skim through and pick up a few things I want to read and leave the rest, that way I don't get upset by it.

                                      • Robbie
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jul 25, 2008
                                          Sounds like a good plan to me....

                                          Robbie