Tennant and the Spin-Offs

  • Dean L. Kaufman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2008
      In the Doctor Who Confidential, David Tennant stated publicly and for
      the record that he would like to appear on the Doctor Who spinoff
      series, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures, but that nobody has
      asked him.

      Dean
      Somewhere Around
    • Anna Hayward
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 12, 2008
        Dean,

        Yeah but he said it with one of his big, ironic grins on his face. I think
        he was joking - faking mock-jealousy as a bit of a laugh.

        Anna
        "A life lived in fear is a life half lived" - from Strictly Ballroom

        _____

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 12, 2008
          Yeah I got the sense he was kidding - not saying that he wouldn't do
          it mind you but he didn't seem serious. It was more - everyone else
          has crossed over but me, no one has asked me - then that big adorable
          goofy grin :)

          Joni

          On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 4:27 AM, Anna Hayward
          <alienvisitor@...> wrote:
          > Dean,
          >
          > Yeah but he said it with one of his big, ironic grins on his face. I think
          > he was joking - faking mock-jealousy as a bit of a laugh.
          >
          > Anna
          > "A life lived in fear is a life half lived" - from Strictly Ballroom

        • badblokebob
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 12, 2008
            And RTD has stated publicly and for the record many times that the Doctor will not appear in
            Torchwood, because its primary audience is for adults, and probably not in any spin-offs
            (they very deliberately left the Doctor and Rose out of the TARDISodes because it was
            deemed inappropriate for them to appear outside of the main show).

            Of course, with Moffat taking over for 2010 this could change, but he seems very in tune with
            Davies' way of running things, so I doubt it.

            --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dean L. Kaufman" <deanlkaufman@...> wrote:

            > In the Doctor Who Confidential, David Tennant stated publicly and for
            > the record that he would like to appear on the Doctor Who spinoff
            > series, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures, but that nobody has
            > asked him.
            >
            > Dean
            > Somewhere Around

          • Anna Hayward
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 12, 2008
              Hi,

              Yes, Moffatt is very much a disciple of RTD, and by all accounts, RTD
              doesn't let go of the reigns that easily. He'll still be very much involved
              - I believe he was recently voted one of the most powerful men in UK
              television. I'd vote for him anyway, LOL.