Re: Fw: [torchwood] Re: TW s3 rumours

  • Joni
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 11, 2008
      On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 7:28 PM, mjweir <mjweir@...> wrote:
      > I remember Judy and I remember what the Nostravite said to her too. You can
      > make any argument you like about that scene but the writers included it for
      > some reason. It's not a throw-a-way. Everything is telling us something
      > about these people and what's going on between them or it wouldn't be in the
      > story.
      >
      > But let's get back to what they are trying to tell us about Ianto because
      > that's more interesting. Especially if he's going to get even with Jack. ;)
      >
      > mj

      I like Jack and Ianto together, and it makes me happy to see a
      nontraditional couple represented. And I'd be ok if Ianto started out
      on a mission of revenge and then fell for Jack, but I'd also be ok if
      he turned out to be plotting the whole time. I get the feeling that
      he certainly has feelings for Jack - the way he reacted to John, and
      just the way he is around him in general - but he could just that
      good.

      And I know that Gareth has said that Ianto loves Jack - but it's not
      uncommon for directors to not give actors the complete back story on
      the character to ensure they play the character the way they want them
      to. They want it to look like he's in love with Jack - that's what
      he's playing. Whether that's going to turn out to be the truth...we
      won't know for sure until something happens to prove or disprove it.

      As for Gwen, I really want her to be in love with Rhys and stay with
      him, but the reality is she's already cheated on him once (that we
      know of, twice if we count the book as canon) and she certainly seems
      to be attracted to Jack (again, pheromones and hello, he's hot). If
      Jack and Ianto break up I hope it's not over her. I really truly
      don't want Gwen and Jack to get together. But then I didn't want
      Mulder and Scully together either. And if she and Rhys break up, I
      hope it's because he dumps her.

      Joni