RE: [torchwood] Re: We Do know Jack

  • Anna Hayward
    Message 1 of 55 , Jun 3, 2008
      _____

      From: torchwood@yahoogroups.com [mailto:torchwood@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Rebecca jo
      Sent: 03 June 2008 13:05
      To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [torchwood] Re: We Do know Jack

      .

      Let me guess... the rumor is Gwen?

      I wouldn't think so. I love her character but it just isn't strong enough
      plus she has a personal life.

      At present she has a personal life. Things can change, people can die. and
      frequently do if they are involved with TW.

    • Robbie
      Message 55 of 55 , Jun 6, 2008
        Speaking for myself, these characters are real people, of course by a different definition. In the beginning (first season), it was all about Jack and Gwen. I liked Tosh and Owen, in that order, and Ianto was sort of invisible. As the second season rolled along, it was Jack, Ianto, Gwen, Tosh, and Owen. Tosh and Owen could easily switch places. After "Exit Wounds," I was very pleased to see Jack, Ianto, and Gwen still alive, but I cared enough about Tosh and Owen to know I'd miss them. I agree that all of this reflects directly on cast quality.

        There's been speculation that Owen will show up now and then in S3. How many times is that guy going to be allowed to resurrect?? I thought only Jack was immortal. On the cover of Torchwood Magazine issue 4 is this: "Talking Tosh - Naoko Mori on leaving Torchwood: 'These characters never really die.' " Maybe they all have the "resurrection gene."

        Robyn

        vaultsofhorror <vaultsofhorror@...> wrote:
        > Maybe the very fact that we're arguing about characters as if they're real people

        Speaks volumes about the quality of the cast, doesn't it?
        If an actor generates an intense reaction to a character
        in the viewer, then they've certainly done their job.
        And depending on the viewer, the reactions can be polar
        opposites. Goes for the writers also, I suppose.

        To use Ianto as an example, the character was a throw-away
        destined for extermination, but Gareth gave Ianto enough
        personna to become a fan favorite, second only to Jack I
        think I read somewhere.

        Don