Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

DR'S JACK TAKES ON ITV SOFA

Expand Messages
  • John Hopkins
    DR S JACK TAKES ON ITV SOFA By Cameron Robertson DOCTOR Who star John Barrowman is to present ITV s This Morning show. The actor, who plays the Dr s sidekick
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 13, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      DR'S JACK TAKES ON ITV SOFA
      By Cameron Robertson

      DOCTOR Who star John Barrowman is to present ITV's This Morning show.

      The actor, who plays the Dr's sidekick Captain Jack in the BBC drama, will
      co-host with Fern Britton for a week from April 10.

      Barrowman, 38, said: "I'm so looking forward to being a part of daytime
      television and especially This Morning."

      The Glasgow-born star returns next year in the third series of Doctor Who as
      the bisexual conman.

      He is currently filming BBC3's Dr Who spin-off Torchwood, in Wales, an adult
      drama in which he again plays Captain Jack.

      The ex-Dancing on Ice contestant has presenting experience on BBC kids' show
      Live and Kicking.

      Siubhan Richmond, executive producer of This Morning, said: "We are
      delighted that John will present This Morning with Fern during Phillip
      Schofield's Easter break.

      "I have no doubt he will bring his own unique brand of humour and fun to
      This Morning."
    • Amanda Brock
      thats excellent news I havent really watched that show for ages Amanda John Hopkins wrote: DR S JACK TAKES ON ITV SOFA
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 13, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        thats excellent news I havent really watched that show for ages
         
        Amanda

        John Hopkins <emaillists@...> wrote:
        DR'S JACK TAKES ON ITV SOFA
        By Cameron Robertson

        DOCTOR Who star John Barrowman is to present ITV's This Morning show.

        The actor, who plays the Dr's sidekick Captain Jack in the BBC drama, will
        co-host with Fern Britton for a week from April 10.

        Barrowman, 38, said: "I'm so looking forward to being a part of daytime
        television and especially This Morning."

        The Glasgow-born star returns next year in the third series of Doctor Who as
        the bisexual conman.

        He is currently filming BBC3's Dr Who spin-off Torchwood, in Wales, an adult
        drama in which he again plays Captain Jack.

        The ex-Dancing on Ice contestant has presenting experience on BBC kids' show
        Live and Kicking.

        Siubhan Richmond, executive producer of This Morning, said: "We are
        delighted that John will present This Morning with Fern during Phillip
        Schofield's Easter break.

        "I have no doubt he will bring his own unique brand of humour and fun to
        This Morning."





        Amanda
        Caesarean birth group coordinator
        and Trainee BFC 
        for NCT Hants NE Branch
         


        Yahoo! Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

      • Justin D
        I m confused... Is this actor going to play two seperate characters? The guy in Torchwood and Captain Jack the conman on Dr. Who? Amanda Brock
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 13, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          I'm confused...
           
          Is this actor going to play two seperate characters?  The guy in Torchwood and Captain Jack the conman on Dr. Who?

          Amanda Brock <amanda1uk2002@...> wrote:
          thats excellent news I havent really watched that show for ages
           
          Amanda

          John Hopkins <emaillists@...> wrote:
          DR'S JACK TAKES ON ITV SOFA
          By Cameron Robertson

          DOCTOR Who star John Barrowman is to present ITV's This Morning show.

          The actor, who plays the Dr's sidekick Captain Jack in the BBC drama, will
          co-host with Fern Britton for a week from April 10.

          Barrowman, 38, said: "I'm so looking forward to being a part of daytime
          television and especially This Morning."

          The Glasgow-born star returns next year in the third series of Doctor Who as
          the bisexual conman.

          He is currently filming BBC3's Dr Who spin-off Torchwood, in Wales, an adult
          drama in which he again plays Captain Jack.

          The ex-Dancing on Ice contestant has presenting experience on BBC kids' show
          Live and Kicking.

          Siubhan Richmond, executive producer of This Morning, said: "We are
          delighted that John will present This Morning with Fern during Phillip
          Schofield's Easter break.

          "I have no doubt he will bring his own unique brand of humour and fun to
          This Morning."





          Amanda
          Caesarean birth group coordinator
          and Trainee BFC 
          for NCT Hants NE Branch
           


          Brings words and photos together (easily) with
          PhotoMail - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.

        • Janet
          It s the same character in both shows.
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 13, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            It's the same character in both shows.


            On 3/13/06, Justin D <datatypo@...> wrote:
            >
            > I'm confused...
            >
            > Is this actor going to play two seperate characters? The guy in Torchwood
            > and Captain Jack the conman on Dr. Who?
            >
            > Amanda Brock <amanda1uk2002@...> wrote:
            >
            > thats excellent news I havent really watched that show for ages
            >
            > Amanda
            >
            > John Hopkins <emaillists@...> wrote:
            > DR'S JACK TAKES ON ITV SOFA
            > By Cameron Robertson
            >
            > DOCTOR Who star John Barrowman is to present ITV's This Morning show.
            >
            > The actor, who plays the Dr's sidekick Captain Jack in the BBC drama, will
            > co-host with Fern Britton for a week from April 10.
            >
            > Barrowman, 38, said: "I'm so looking forward to being a part of daytime
            > television and especially This Morning."
            >
            > The Glasgow-born star returns next year in the third series of Doctor Who as
            > the bisexual conman.
            >
            > He is currently filming BBC3's Dr Who spin-off Torchwood, in Wales, an adult
            > drama in which he again plays Captain Jack.
            >
            > The ex-Dancing on Ice contestant has presenting experience on BBC kids' show
            > Live and Kicking.
            >
            > Siubhan Richmond, executive producer of This Morning, said: "We are
            > delighted that John will present This Morning with Fern during Phillip
            > Schofield's Easter break.
            >
            > "I have no doubt he will bring his own unique brand of humour and fun to
            > This Morning."
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > Amanda
            > Caesarean birth group coordinator
            > and Trainee BFC
            > for NCT Hants NE Branch
            >
          • Justin D
            So he s not some sort of law enforcement officer, Terrestrial or otherwise? He s a conman/criminal, right? I guess he s going to have a change of heart as
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 14, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              So he's not some sort of law enforcement officer, Terrestrial or otherwise?  He's a conman/criminal, right?  I guess he's going to have a change of heart as some point.


              Janet <jlreimer@...> wrote:
              It's the same character in both shows.


              On 3/13/06, Justin D <datatypo@...> wrote:
              >
              > I'm confused...
              >
              > Is this actor going to play two seperate characters?  The guy in Torchwood
              > and Captain Jack the conman on Dr. Who?
              >
              > Amanda Brock <amanda1uk2002@...> wrote:
              >
              > thats excellent news I havent really watched that show for ages
              >
              > Amanda
              >
              > John Hopkins <emaillists@...> wrote:
              > DR'S JACK TAKES ON ITV SOFA
              > By Cameron Robertson
              >
              > DOCTOR Who star John Barrowman is to present ITV's This Morning show.
              >
              > The actor, who plays the Dr's sidekick Captain Jack in the BBC drama, will
              > co-host with Fern Britton for a week from April 10.
              >
              > Barrowman, 38, said: "I'm so looking forward to being a part of daytime
              > television and especially This Morning."
              >
              > The Glasgow-born star returns next year in the third series of Doctor Who as
              > the bisexual conman.
              >
              > He is currently filming BBC3's Dr Who spin-off Torchwood, in Wales, an adult
              > drama in which he again plays Captain Jack.
              >
              > The ex-Dancing on Ice contestant has presenting experience on BBC kids' show
              > Live and Kicking.
              >
              > Siubhan Richmond, executive producer of This Morning, said: "We are
              > delighted that John will present This Morning with Fern during Phillip
              > Schofield's Easter break.
              >
              > "I have no doubt he will bring his own unique brand of humour and fun to
              > This Morning."
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > Amanda
              > Caesarean birth group coordinator
              > and Trainee BFC
              > for NCT Hants NE Branch
              >


              Yahoo! Mail
              Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

            • Janet
              JMO, but I think he already went through that change of heart during his travels with the Doctor and Rose. When he parted from them in Parting of the Ways and
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 14, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                JMO, but I think he already went through that change of heart during
                his travels with the Doctor and Rose. When he parted from them in
                Parting of the Ways and says his goodbyes to them, it appeared to me
                he was crediting the Doctor specifically for that through the kiss and
                telling him he was better off as a coward. I didn't really see much of
                the conman in him after the midpoint of The Doctor Dances when he
                becomes more of a hero figure. In The Doctor Dances, he takes
                responsibility for getting rid of the 'bomb' knowing it could lead to
                his own death. In Boom Town he helps capture Margaret to bring her to
                justice. In Bad Wolf, his first thought after escaping is to find and
                rescue the Doctor and Rose. And in The Parting of the Ways, he's the
                first to go into battle against the Daleks, helping to plan and
                organize the campaign, again knowing it could lead to his own death.

                After those expierences, I don't see it as much of a stretch for him
                to become a kind of rogue law enforcement figure/leader after finding
                his way off the space station.



                On 3/14/06, Justin D <datatypo@...> wrote:
                >
                > So he's not some sort of law enforcement officer, Terrestrial or otherwise?
                > He's a conman/criminal, right? I guess he's going to have a change of heart
                > as some point.
                >
                >
                >
                > Janet <jlreimer@...> wrote:
                > It's the same character in both shows.
                >
                >
                > On 3/13/06, Justin D <datatypo@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm confused...
                > >
                > > Is this actor going to play two seperate characters? The guy in Torchwood
                > > and Captain Jack the conman on Dr. Who?
                > >
                > > Amanda Brock <amanda1uk2002@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > thats excellent news I havent really watched that show for ages
                > >
                > > Amanda
                > >
                > > John Hopkins <emaillists@...>
                > wrote:
                > > DR'S JACK TAKES ON ITV SOFA
                > > By Cameron Robertson
                > >
                > > DOCTOR Who star John Barrowman is to present ITV's This Morning show.
                > >
                > > The actor, who plays the Dr's sidekick Captain Jack in the BBC drama, will
                > > co-host with Fern Britton for a week from April 10.
                > >
                > > Barrowman, 38, said: "I'm so looking forward to being a part of daytime
                > > television and especially This Morning."
                > >
                > > The Glasgow-born star returns next year in the third series of Doctor Who
                > as
                > > the bisexual conman.
                > >
                > > He is currently filming BBC3's Dr Who spin-off Torchwood, in Wales, an
                > adult
                > > drama in which he again plays Captain Jack.
                > >
                > > The ex-Dancing on Ice contestant has presenting experience on BBC kids'
                > show
                > > Live and Kicking.
                > >
                > > Siubhan Richmond, executive producer of This Morning, said: "We are
                > > delighted that John will present This Morning with Fern during Phillip
                > > Schofield's Easter break.
                > >
                > > "I have no doubt he will bring his own unique brand of humour and fun to
                > > This Morning."
                > >

                >
              • Patrick Power
                I thougth Captain Jack was always a rogue with a heart of gold. He just need heroic circumstances to be heroic in. I imagine we will still seee a good bitof
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 15, 2006
                • 0 Attachment
                  I thougth Captain Jack was always a rogue with a heart of gold. He just need heroic circumstances to be heroic in. I imagine we will still seee a good bitof rogue in him in Torchwood.

                  Janet <jlreimer@...> wrote:
                  JMO, but I think he already went through that change of heart during
                  his travels with the Doctor and Rose. When he parted from them in
                  Parting of the Ways and says his goodbyes to them, it appeared to me
                  he was crediting the Doctor specifically for that through the kiss and
                  telling him he was better off as a coward. I didn't really see much of
                  the conman in him after the midpoint of The Doctor Dances when he
                  becomes more of a hero figure. In The Doctor Dances, he takes
                  responsibility for getting rid of the 'bomb' knowing it could lead to
                  his own death. In Boom Town he helps capture Margaret to bring her to
                  justice. In Bad Wolf, his first thought after escaping is to find and
                  rescue the Doctor and Rose. And in The Parting of the Ways, he's the
                  first to go into battle against the Daleks, helping to plan and
                  organize the campaign, again knowing it could lead to his own death.

                  After those expierences, I don't see it as much of a stretch for him
                  to become a kind of rogue law enforcement figure/leader after finding
                  his way off the space station.



                  On 3/14/06, Justin D <datatypo@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > So he's not some sort of law enforcement officer, Terrestrial or otherwise?
                  > He's a conman/criminal, right?  I guess he's going to have a change of heart
                  > as some point.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Janet <jlreimer@...> wrote:
                  > It's the same character in both shows.
                  >
                  >
                  > On 3/13/06, Justin D <datatypo@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'm confused...
                  > >
                  > > Is this actor going to play two seperate characters?  The guy in Torchwood
                  > > and Captain Jack the conman on Dr. Who?
                  > >
                  > > Amanda Brock <amanda1uk2002@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > thats excellent news I havent really watched that show for ages
                  > >
                  > > Amanda
                  > >
                  > > John Hopkins <emaillists@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > DR'S JACK TAKES ON ITV SOFA
                  > > By Cameron Robertson
                  > >
                  > > DOCTOR Who star John Barrowman is to present ITV's This Morning show.
                  > >
                  > > The actor, who plays the Dr's sidekick Captain Jack in the BBC drama, will
                  > > co-host with Fern Britton for a week from April 10.
                  > >
                  > > Barrowman, 38, said: "I'm so looking forward to being a part of daytime
                  > > television and especially This Morning."
                  > >
                  > > The Glasgow-born star returns next year in the third series of Doctor Who
                  > as
                  > > the bisexual conman.
                  > >
                  > > He is currently filming BBC3's Dr Who spin-off Torchwood, in Wales, an
                  > adult
                  > > drama in which he again plays Captain Jack.
                  > >
                  > > The ex-Dancing on Ice contestant has presenting experience on BBC kids'
                  > show
                  > > Live and Kicking.
                  > >
                  > > Siubhan Richmond, executive producer of This Morning, said: "We are
                  > > delighted that John will present This Morning with Fern during Phillip
                  > > Schofield's Easter break.
                  > >
                  > > "I have no doubt he will bring his own unique brand of humour and fun to
                  > > This Morning."
                  > >

                  >



                  Patrick Power
                  Proud Founder of The Bug-Eyed Monster Society!!!
                  http://BugEyedMonsterSociety.bravehost.com

                  American Whovian: A Site for U.S. Doctor Who Fans
                  http://americanwhovian.bravehost.com/

                  The B.E.M. Society Yahoo Group Main Page:
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BEM_SOCIETY/

                  Are you into Sci Fi, Fantasy & Horror? Are You Looking for Your Soulmate? Try The Sci Fi Soulmates Yahoo Group!
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCIFISOULMATES/

                  "A life lived without passion is a life not lived."


                  Relax. Yahoo! Mail virus scanning helps detect nasty viruses!

                • Don
                  I get the impression that Jack started out as the hero, as a member of the Time Patrol (or something like that), but when he discovered that they wiped a full
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 15, 2006
                  • 0 Attachment
                    I get the impression that Jack started out as the hero, as a member of
                    the Time Patrol (or something like that), but when he discovered that
                    they wiped a full year of memories from his mind he felt betrayed.
                    This is when he went Rogue, on a one man quest to find the truth.


                    --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Power <da_fringe_element@...>
                    wrote:
                    >
                    > I thougth Captain Jack was always a rogue with a heart of gold. He
                    just need heroic circumstances to be heroic in. I imagine we will still
                    seee a good bitof rogue in him in Torchwood.
                    >
                    >
                  • Mike
                    Am I right in thinking that we still know almost nothing about Jack s mysterious original employers? ... of ... that
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 16, 2006
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Am I right in thinking that we still know almost nothing about Jack's
                      mysterious original employers?

                      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <whistlingdeath42@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > I get the impression that Jack started out as the hero, as a member
                      of
                      > the Time Patrol (or something like that), but when he discovered
                      that
                      > they wiped a full year of memories from his mind he felt betrayed.
                      > This is when he went Rogue, on a one man quest to find the truth.
                      >
                    • Patrick Power
                      I think he just grew up wanting to be Han Solo. LOL Don wrote: I get the impression that Jack started out as the hero, as a
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 17, 2006
                      • 0 Attachment
                        I think he just grew up wanting to be Han Solo. LOL

                        Don <whistlingdeath42@...> wrote:
                        I get the impression that Jack started out as the hero, as a member of
                        the Time Patrol (or something like that), but when he discovered that
                        they wiped a full year of memories from his mind he felt betrayed.
                        This is when he went Rogue, on a one man quest to find the truth. 


                        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Power <da_fringe_element@...>
                        wrote:
                        >
                        > I thougth Captain Jack was always a rogue with a heart of gold. He
                        just need heroic circumstances to be heroic in. I imagine we will still
                        seee a good bitof rogue in him in Torchwood.
                        >
                        >






                        Patrick Power
                        Proud Founder of The Bug-Eyed Monster Society!!!
                        http://BugEyedMonsterSociety.bravehost.com

                        American Whovian: A Site for U.S. Doctor Who Fans
                        http://americanwhovian.bravehost.com/

                        The B.E.M. Society Yahoo Group Main Page:
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BEM_SOCIETY/

                        Are you into Sci Fi, Fantasy & Horror? Are You Looking for Your Soulmate? Try The Sci Fi Soulmates Yahoo Group!
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCIFISOULMATES/

                        "A life lived without passion is a life not lived."


                        Yahoo! Mail
                        Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.

                      • starhawk2197
                        ... I think the cover Jack uses in 1941 London covers a great deal of who we re supposed to see Jack as. In British fiction American volunteers in the RAF
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 18, 2006
                        • 0 Attachment
                          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Power
                          <da_fringe_element@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > I think he just grew up wanting to be Han Solo. LOL
                          >

                          I think the cover Jack uses in 1941 London covers a great deal of
                          who we're supposed to see Jack as. In British fiction American
                          volunteers in the RAF before Dec.'41, were generally seen as heroic,
                          happy-go-lucky swashbuckler types. Davies said he wanted an American
                          type action hero. Stephen Mofatt seems to have prefered Gene Kelly's
                          D'artangion, Burt Lancaster's "Crimsom Pirate," and Erol
                          Flynn's "Robin Hood," as his model for American Action Heros.

                          Jack's former employers seem to be somewhat modeled onthe
                          European view of the CIA. It occures to me that, just as the Doctor
                          was wrong about the Daleks being wiped out, there may be other
                          Galifreyans still around, and the secret masters of the Time Patrol.
                          Neither, the Master, the Rani, the Valiyard, the War Chief, nor the
                          Meddler, would be a good choice for the secret master of the Time
                          Patrol. Susan or Romana, if corrupted or trapped into bad choices,
                          would make far more dangerous foes.
                        • Mike
                          Thanks for those musings. RTD s (apparent) premise that there are no other surviving Time Lords is obviously absurd. The idea that all the Daleks out there
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 19, 2006
                          • 0 Attachment
                            Thanks for those musings. RTD's (apparent) premise that there are no
                            other surviving Time Lords is obviously absurd. The idea that all the
                            Daleks "out there" might turn up for the Time War is one thing. But
                            all the Time Lords, including all the renegades? C'mon!!!

                            --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "starhawk2197" <starhawk2197@...>
                            wrote:
                            >

                            > [clip] Jack's former employers seem to be somewhat modeled onthe
                            > European view of the CIA. It occures to me that, just as the Doctor
                            > was wrong about the Daleks being wiped out, there may be other
                            > Galifreyans still around, and the secret masters of the Time Patrol.
                            > Neither, the Master, the Rani, the Valiyard, the War Chief, nor the
                            > Meddler, would be a good choice for the secret master of the Time
                            > Patrol. Susan or Romana, if corrupted or trapped into bad choices,
                            > would make far more dangerous foes.
                            >
                          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.