About the Doctor Who Premiere on Sci Fi Channel

  • Patrick Power
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 10, 2006
      As everyone knows, or should know, the new Doctor Who series is FINALLY premiering in the United States on Sci Fi Channel at 9 PM EST on Friday march 17. I implore you to watch. It took a year for SFC to pick up the series after it was already in nearly every other TV market in the world. Even if you have already seen the series through other means, PLEASE watch and email SFC to let them know you are watching. Spread the word to all your friends to watch as well and tell them to email SFC. Their email address is feedback@... The whole purpose of this is to make sure that we hopefully won't have to wait another year to see the second season which premieres on BBC next month. You won't regret watching this brilliant series even if you are not a fan of the old series. Thanks everyone!

      Patrick

      Patrick Power
      http://BugEyedMonsterSociety.bravehost.com

      American Whovian: A Site for U.S. Doctor Who Fans
      http://americanwhovian.bravehost.com/

      Yahoo! Mail
    • Doctor Wholittle
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12, 2006
        Oh, TRUST me; I've already got it programmed regularly on my PVR, & I plan to tell Sci-Fi how very pleased I am that they finally came to their senses & are broadcasting one of the most influential series SF's ever had (not as acerbically, to be sure).

        I, too, urge everyone to WRITEWRITEWRITEWRITEWRITE to Sci-Fi Channel.

        -- The Doctor

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 13, 2006
          Having a little "Welcome to America" party with my friends - forcing
          everyone who hasn't seen it yet to come. Definitely going to write
          SciFi as well.

          -Kath

          On 3/12/06, Doctor Wholittle <doctorwholittle@...> wrote:

          > Oh, TRUST me; I've already got it programmed regularly on my PVR, & I plan
          > to tell Sci-Fi how very pleased I am that they finally came to their senses
          > & are broadcasting one of the most influential series SF's ever had (not as
          > acerbically, to be sure).
          >
          > I, too, urge everyone to WRITEWRITEWRITEWRITEWRITE to Sci-Fi Channel.
          >
          > -- The Doctor
          >
          > torchwood@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          > From: Patrick Power
          > Subject: About the Doctor Who Premiere on Sci Fi Channel
          >

          > As everyone knows, or should know, the new Doctor Who series is FINALLY
          > premiering in the United States on Sci Fi Channel at 9 PM EST on Friday
          > march 17. I implore you to watch. It took a year for SFC to pick up the
          > series after it was already in nearly every other TV market in the world.
          > Even if you have already seen the series through other means, PLEASE watch
          > and email SFC to let them know you are watching. Spread the word to all your
          > friends to watch as well and tell them to email SFC. Their email address is
          > feedback@... The whole purpose of this is to make sure that we
          > hopefully won't have to wait another year to see the second season which
          > premieres on BBC next month. You won't regret watching this brilliant series
          > even if you are not a fan of the old series. Thanks everyone!
          >
          > Patrick
          >

          > Patrick Power
          > Proud Founder of The Bug-Eyed Monster Society!!!
          > http://BugEyedMonsterSociety.bravehost.com
          >
          > American Whovian: A Site for U.S. Doctor Who Fans
          > http://americanwhovian.bravehost.com/
          >
          > The B.E.M. Society Yahoo Group Main Page:
          >
          > Are you into Sci Fi, Fantasy & Horror? Are You Looking for Your Soulmate?
          > Try The Sci Fi Soulmates Yahoo Group!
          >
          > "A life lived without passion is a life not lived."

          > ________________________________

        • Patrick Power
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 14, 2006
            My little group is getting together the night after and having St. Who party (which is St. Patrick's day renamed in honor of the U.S. premiere). I know everyone will have already watched the new episodes, so we are watching some classic stuff to re-ignite their passion for the classic series as well. Sneaky me. LOL

          • Justin D
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 14, 2006
              I tried to read up on Torchwood as much as possible.  It seems that it is a bit risqué and American TV won't carry it at all.  So, something tells me I'll be replying on usenet and IRC.

              John barrowman

              Yahoo! Mail

            • Patrick Power
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 14, 2006
                I doubt Torchwood will be any more adult, in tone, than BSG, Tripping the Rift, The Shield, or even Desperate Housewives. Now, contentwise, it could be a different matter. If there is nudity or excessive strong language that could affect it's chances of making it to American TV. But, since the show isn't even in production yet, it is too early to tell.

                Justin D <datatypo@...> wrote:
> [...]

                > Patrick Power
                > Proud Founder of The Bug-Eyed Monster Society!!!
                > http://BugEyedMonsterSociety.bravehost.com
                >
                > American Whovian: A Site for U.S. Doctor Who Fans
                > http://americanwhovian.bravehost.com/
                >
                > The B.E.M. Society Yahoo Group Main Page:
                >
                > Are you into Sci Fi, Fantasy & Horror? Are You Looking for Your Soulmate?
                > Try The Sci Fi Soulmates Yahoo Group!
                >
                > "A life lived without passion is a life not lived."

                >  ________________________________

                Patrick Power
                http://BugEyedMonsterSociety.bravehost.com

                American Whovian: A Site for U.S. Doctor Who Fans
                http://americanwhovian.bravehost.com/

                Yahoo! Mail

                John barrowman

                Yahoo! Mail

                Patrick Power
                http://BugEyedMonsterSociety.bravehost.com

                American Whovian: A Site for U.S. Doctor Who Fans

                Yahoo! Travel
                Find great deals to the top 10 hottest destinations!

              • Justin D
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 15, 2006
                  I now understand.
                  I thought they started making the shows...  If they didn't even start making them, then I wouldn't think they would hit American TV until mid 2007.
                  Luckily there are alternative means.

                  Justin D <datatypo@...> wrote:
> [...]

                  > American Whovian: A Site for U.S. Doctor Who Fans
                  > http://americanwhovian.bravehost.com/
                  >
                  > The B.E.M. Society Yahoo Group Main Page:
                  >
                  > Are you into Sci Fi, Fantasy & Horror? Are You Looking for Your Soulmate?
                  > Try The Sci Fi Soulmates Yahoo Group!
                  >
                  > "A life lived without passion is a life not lived."

                  >  ________________________________

                  Patrick Power
                  http://BugEyedMonsterSociety.bravehost.com

                  American Whovian: A Site for U.S. Doctor Who Fans
                  http://americanwhovian.bravehost.com/

                  Yahoo! Mail

                  John barrowman

                  Yahoo! Mail

                  Patrick Power
                  http://BugEyedMonsterSociety.bravehost.com

                  American Whovian: A Site for U.S. Doctor Who Fans
                  http://americanwhovian.bravehost.com/

                  Yahoo! Travel
                  Find great deals to the top 10 hottest destinations!

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  Yahoo! Mail