Torchwood This Week - May 3, 2008

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2008
      TORCHWOOD THIS WEEK
      May 3, 2008 - Vol 2, No 17
      The weekly guide to Torchwood transmissions.
      by Benjamin F. Elliott
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/torchwood

      Doctor Who schedule information is in This Week In Doctor Who
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho .

      HD Net USA http://www.hd.net will finish its run of uncut commercial
      free Series 2 this Monday at 7PM EDT/4PM PDT. Series 1 repeats to
      follow. BBC America On Demand's version of Torchwood Series 2 comes
      down on May 12, based on their website.

      I am trying to find websites and station information for some of the
      more elusive Torchwood sales. If you spot it airing or getting ready
      to air in your country, and I've missed it, let me know so it gets
      into the next edition and more fans get informed.

      Corrections and updates are welcome at torchwood-
      owner@yahoogroups.com , TWIDW on AIM, and thebfe on Yahoo Messenger.

      Torchwood Website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood
      Australian Website - http://www.ten.com.au/ten/tv_torchwood.html

      USA:

      BBC America On Demand - available on better digital cable systems
      Full length episodes (no cuts for time). Content edits made for BBC
      America TV broadcasts (language, violence, nudity) will be present in
      this version.
      Coming off the system 5/12:
      2-11 "Adrift"
      2-12 "Fragments"
      2-13 "Exit Wounds"

      HD Net http://www.hd.net
      DirecTV 79,259
      Dish 9422 (5510 Alaska and Hawaii only)
      High Definition 16:9 format. Uncut, commercial free.
      Monday 7PM and 10PM and 1AM EST/4PM and 7PM and 10PM PDT 2-13 "Exit
      Wounds" (last new episode)
      12 May 7PM and 10PM and 1AM EST/4PM and 7PM and 10PM PDT 1-
      01 "Everything Changes"

      FINLAND:

      TV 2 http://www.yle.fi/tv2
      This week and next (Mondays) - pre-empted by coverage of the
      Jaakiekon MM 2008, which is blasting primetime programming both
      weeks. Next episode should be 2-09 "Something Borrowed".

      FRANCE:

      Jimmy http://www.jimmy.fr
      Saturday 8:45PM, Sunday 4:30PM, Late Wednesday 12:50AM CET 1-
      04 "Femme Cybernetique"
      Saturday 9:40PM, Sunday 5:20PM, Late Wednesday 1:40AM CET 1-
      05 "Petits Mondes"
      Saturday 10:30PM, Sunday 6:15PM, Late Wednesday 2:30AM CET 1-06 "La
      Recolte"
      10 May 8:45PM, 11 May 4:30PM, 14 May 11:55PM CET 1-07 "Cadeaux Grecs"
      10 May 9:40PM, 11 May 5:20PM, Late 14 May 12:45AM CET 1-08 "Ils
      Continuent a Tuer Suzie"
      10 May 10:30PM, 11 May 6:15PM, Late 14 May 1:35AM CET 1-09 "Chassures
      En Vrac"

      CANADA:

      Ztele http://www.ztele.com/index.jsp
      HD on Ztele HD, Dubbed in French.
      Monday 8PM, Tuesday 1PM, Wednesday 5PM, Friday 10PM EDT 1-05 "Petits
      Mondes"
      12 May 8PM, 13 May 1PM, 14 May 5PM, 16 May 10PM EDT 1-06 "La Recolte"
      19 May 8PM, 20 May 1PM, 21 May 5PM, 23 May 10PM EDT 1-07 "Cadeaux
      Grecs"

      HD Net Canada http://www.hd.net
      Complete, uncut episodes in High Definition (not the same schedule as
      HD Net US)
      Monday 7 and 11PM EDT/4 and 8PM PDT 1-04 "Cyberwoman"
      12 May 7 and 11:10PM EDT/4 and 8:10PM PDT 1-05 "Small Worlds"

      UK:

      BBC HD http://www.bbc.co.uk/hd http://www.radiotimes.com
      Wednesday 11PM BST 2-04 "Meat"
      14 May 11PM BST 2-05 "Adam"

      POLAND:

      BBC Entertainment http://poland.bbcentertainment.com
      The Polish version of BBC Entertainment's website now has a Torchwood
      page listing all the Series 1 episodes (in English and Polish). I
      cannot find a premiere date yet.

      Stations That Will/Have Aired Torchwood:

      NEW ZEALAND - TV2 http://www.tvnz.co.nz - Coming in 2008
      UKRAINE - ICTV
      TURKEY - TRT
      SOUTH KOREA - KNN
      UK - BBC Two http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo http://www.radiotimes.com -
      Series 2 completed.
      BBC Three http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree http://www.radiotimes.com -
      Series 2 completed.
      Israel - Yes Stars 2 http://www.yes.co.il - Series 1 completed.
      Sweden - TV4 Plus http://www.tv4.se - Series 1 completed.
      SPAIN - Cuatro http://www.cuatro.com - Series 1 completed.
      AUSTRALIA - Network Ten http://www.ten.com.au http://www.sfsa.org.au -
      Series 1 completed.
      There are exclusive interviews and clips on the Ten website as well
      as Torchwood De-Classified - as of this writing, you have to be in
      Australia to view the clips.
      Southern Cross Ten
      http://www.mytalk.com.au/Stations/TV/SCTEN/Pages/Default.aspx
      (Regional service that carries portions of Network Ten's lineup) -
      Series 1 completed.
      UKTV Australia http://www.uktv.com.au
      No episodes scheduled.
      Network Ten HD http://www.ten.com.au http://www.sfsa.org.au
      Series 1 repeats on the new HD channel.
      Shelved for now. Premiere date TBA.
      MEXICO - Canal 22 http://www.canal22.org.mx/main.html
      Episodes air as 2 parters. Series 1 completed?
      LATIN AMERICA - People + Arts http://www.tupeople.com - Series 1
      completed.
      FRANCE - NRJ 12 http://www.nrj12.fr - Series 1 repeats completed,
      episodes dubbed in French, expect slight cuts on bloodshed
      CANADA - CBC TV http://www.cbc.ca/television - HD on CBC HD, 16:9
      Letterbox analog, co-producer on Torchwood. Series 1 completed.
      HONG KONG - ATV World http://www.hkatv.com/world/05 Series 1
      completed.
      NETHERLANDS - SciFi http://www.scifi-tv.nl Series 1 completed.
      USA - BBC America http://www.bbcamerica.com
      DirecTV 264 Dish 135,879 16:9 Letterbox format. Series 2 Completed.
      Next airdate unknown.
      MILITARY - BFBS http://www.ssvc.com/bfbs/tv/ - Series 2 completed.
      ITALY - Jimmy http://www.jimmy140.it
      http://www.jimmy140.it/contenuti/serie/torchwood/1
      Dubbed into Italian. Series 1 repeats completed.

      And other countries who I haven't seen identified yet

      Thanks for reading. Until next week, take care.

      Doctor Who is a BBC Trademark. Copyright 2008.
    • alba8613
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2008
        Hi, new to group. I wasn't aware that cuts had been made to TW as it aired on BBCAmerica.
        What about the DVDs sold in the US? This is all very disappointing. What are the details on
        these cuts?

        -