SPOILERS - DOCTOR WHO - LOGISTICS

  • Dean L. Kaufman
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2008
      THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CONTAINS INFORMATION & CONJECTURE ABOUT THE
      NEW SEASON OF DOCTOR WHO CURRENTLY AIRING ON THE BBC AND SCI-FI
      CHANNEL. DO NO READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU SO CHOOSE TO DO SO.

      First thing first. A big deal was made earlier about David Tennant
      being given time off to do Shakespeare for a large period of time.
      That does not mean a new Doctor is on the way. Anybody watching
      Tennant as The Doctor can see that he is having the time of his life
      and it is invigorating himself as an actor.

      There were rumours around about him regenerating at beginning of
      Christmas special, which is currently filming. David Tennant was seen
      driving to the set in his own car.

      If a new actor was cast as The Doctor, it would be international news
      and not even the BBC would be able to contain it. Henceforth, it is
      highly unlikely David Tennant is leaving the role so soon, especially
      when Russell T. Davies and the BBC gave him time off to do Shakespeare.

      This is what we know. Rose Tyler showed up (non-speaking) at the end
      of "Partners in Crime". In "The Fires of Pompeii", the Doctor was
      told "She is coming back." In "Planet of the Ood", the Ood tell the
      Doctor that his song is ending. There now have been two references to
      bees disappearing all over the Earth. The gigantic wasp shown in
      previews probably has nothing to do with that, although it is probably
      part of "The Unicorn and the Wasp", Story 7 of the season. What is
      going on with the missing bees and Rose Tyler?

      We know that Rose Tyler is working with the alternate Torchwood. That
      is probably how she was able to cross over to our universe. There is
      more to that than meets the eye.

      If you saw the coming attraction scenes at the end of "Voyage of the
      Damned", the very last shot was of Peter Davison as a vicar. He is
      not officially listed as a guest star for any story or episode this
      season.

      The season's cinema trailer seems to cover scenes up through the
      Sontaran two-parter, even though the shot of Rose Tyler had her
      looking far more apprehensive than seen at the end of "Partners in
      Crime". As the cinema trailer shown in UK movie theatres seems to
      cover events through the Sontaran two-parter, it could be a safe
      assumption that Rose Tyler will put in another appearance this
      Saturday in "The Poison Sky", further advancing the mystery of this
      season.

      Also, if you remember "Fear Her" and the Torchwood Serie3s 2 story
      "Fragments", both stories made mention of "The Coming Storm". Is that
      happening this season or is it going to carry on to Torchwood's next
      season when they announce there will be one? What exactly is "The
      Coming Storm"? Captain Jack lost his entire Torchwood team prior to
      the one he has now because an alien device showed one of them what
      this storm was and that all of them were better off dead than living
      through it.

      While scenes from "The Unicorn and the Wasp" were shown in the tail
      end of "Voyage of the Damned", nothing else was broached at for the
      rest of the season. Last season, at the end of "42", there was a new
      coming attraction trailer covering scenes from the rest of the season
      which showed Harold Saxon and Captain Jack Harkness as well as other
      stories.

      That means that in next few weeks, instead of coming attraction
      trailer for next week's Doctor Who, we will be seeing coming
      attractions for the rest of the season. That should clue everybody in
      on the big baddie for the season.

      There were three short trailers plugging the new season. One had
      Sontarans, another had the Ood and the other was of the Daleks with a
      reflection of the Doctor in one of their eyestalks. That means the
      Daleks are coming back this season somehow. How, we don't have a
      clue. No, it's not Miss Scarlett in the Library with the lead pipe.

      After the Sontaran two-parter is over, the Doctor takes Donna and
      Martha to another planet where they meet "The Doctor's Daughter". As
      this woman is played by Peter Davison's daughter, it could provide
      major insight into the Doctor's past. Martha goes back home
      apparently afterward to return later for two more episodes. There
      have apparently been no scenes so far from this episode released for
      trailers. This Saturday will apparently be the first time anybody
      will see even the coming scenes for the story.

      The story after is a full-fledged comedy episode / murder mystery in
      the 1930's called "The Unicorn and the Wasp". It features mystery
      writer Agatha Christie and very likely that gigantic wasp we saw in
      earlier trailers.

      There is another two-parter after that. Part 1 is "Silence in the
      Library" and Part 2 is called "Forest of the Dead". The Doctor and
      Donna encounter a hidden library with information on everything. What
      does the library say about the Doctor? I have a feeling there is a
      great deal more to this story than meets the eye as it warranted two
      parts to tell the story.

      The story after that is called "Midnight" where the Doctor and Donna
      visit resort planet of "Midnight". Again, there is almost no other
      information on this episode.

      The story after begins the three-episode arc leading to the season
      finale. The first story, and one can assume it part one of a three
      parter, is called "Turn Left". Rose Tyler comes back. How, no clue
      has been released.

      It was announced some time ago that there would be a Doctor-light
      story where Rose, Donna and Martha must work together to save the
      Doctor. This fits in with "Love and Monsters" and "Blink" as to not
      overworking David Tennant. I am assuming that this story is the
      untitled episode #12. It probably has somebody's name in the title.
      They probably won't announce the title of this story until less than
      two weeks before it airs, as it may give away too much about the
      story. I am assuming "Rose" is part of the title.

      The finale is called "Journey's End". Catherine Tate has been quite
      vocal in saying she was only going to do one season of Who. Billie
      Piper has more "Secret Diary of a Call Girl to film (12 more
      episodes). The first eight start airing on Showtime on June 16th,
      Freema Agyeman is probably going to carry through and become a new
      member of Torchwood as Martha Jones. That means that the Rose Tyler
      story will be wrapped up in this story. Martha will probably be sent
      off or recruited to Torchwood. Things are not looking good for Donna.
      I don't see her going home to live some happy life, especially when
      Catherine Tate has said this season is her last.

      For those that have witnessed the filming of "Journey's End,
      apparently, Captain Jack Harkness, Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, Donna
      Noble, Jackie Tyler, Mickey Smith are in the story. Whether Sarah
      Jane Smith, K9 or any member of Torchwood are in story, has not been
      released, except guest list for this episode is said to be massive.

      The rumoured villains for this season that have never been confirmed
      have been the Rani and Davros. There has beebn no mention of The
      Master returinign yet. As Daleks were shown in a trailer, it is
      highly likely that Davros is up to something with the Daleks. But
      then, that is only conjecture. Rose coming back may not have to do so
      much with Doctor as it does with missing bees or something else. Each
      episode of Who continues to advance the season's mystery. Whether
      "The Coming Storm" also carries through to "Torchwood" remains to be seen.

      "Journey's End" will end with the Doctor going off on his own and
      being plunged into events that will have him saying "What?" that will
      lead into the Christmas special 2008 that apparently features the
      Cybermen in some manner. The story, based on previous Christmas
      specials, will take place around Christmas.

      That means in 2009, there will be two Doctor Who specials, one around
      the time of another season, most likely March or April, with another
      Christmas special for Christmas 2009. Late 2009, it will be announced
      that some actor or actress is playing the Doctor's new companion and
      there will be plenty of press coverage. In March or April of 2010, we
      will very likely see David Tennant in his next full season of Doctor Who.

      On another note, the Doctor Who Confidential "Send in the Clones"
      featured David Tennant and Catherine Tate posing for loads of
      publicity photos also along with Freema Agyeman. Thos photos are used
      a great deal for the covers of the Doctor Who book series. That very
      likely means we are about to start seeing Doctor and Donna books as
      well as Doctor, Donna and Martha books. We will see when that happens.

      Thanks for listening.

      Dean L. Kaufman
      Santa Ana, CA USA
    • badblokebob
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2008
        Ok, time for some corrections...

        > THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CONTAINS INFORMATION & CONJECTURE ABOUT THE
        > NEW SEASON OF DOCTOR WHO CURRENTLY AIRING ON THE BBC AND SCI-FI
        > CHANNEL. DO NO READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU SO CHOOSE TO DO SO.

        > If you saw the coming attraction scenes at the end of "Voyage of the
        > Damned", the very last shot was of Peter Davison as a vicar. He is
        > not officially listed as a guest star for any story or episode this
        > season.

        That's because it wasn't Peter Davison. It was Tom Goodman-Hill
        (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0329259/), and he appears in "The Unicorn and the
        Wasp" (as do the giant wasps).

        > The season's cinema trailer seems to cover scenes up through the
        > Sontaran two-parter, even though the shot of Rose Tyler had her
        > looking far more apprehensive than seen at the end of "Partners in
        > Crime". As the cinema trailer shown in UK movie theatres seems to
        > cover events through the Sontaran two-parter, it could be a safe
        > assumption that Rose Tyler will put in another appearance this
        > Saturday in "The Poison Sky"

        But it also featured scenes from "The Unicorn and the Wasp". There's also no reason they
        wouldn't've used a shot from the already-filming finale to get a more dramatic one of
        Rose than the slightly gormless close-up in "Partners in Crime".

        > Last season, at the end of "42", there was a new
        > coming attraction trailer covering scenes from the rest of the season.
        > That means that in next few weeks, instead of coming attraction
        > trailer for next week's Doctor Who, we will be seeing coming
        > attractions for the rest of the season.

        The reason for the extended trailer at the end of "42" was the two-week break created by
        the Eurovision Song Contest. If that happens again I expect they'll repeat the trailer trick
        (and it did seem to work last time, ratings-wise), but otherwise it'll be a normal trail -- as
        evidenced by "42" having a standard Next Time trail on the DVD release.

        > It was announced some time ago that there would be a Doctor-light
        > story where Rose, Donna and Martha must work together to save the
        > Doctor. This fits in with "Love and Monsters" and "Blink" as to not
        > overworking David Tennant. I am assuming that this story is the
        > untitled episode #12.

        More likely episode 11. It wouldn't fit their usual pattern to leave the Doctor out of the
        first part of the two-part finale, but episode 11 (be it standalone or part 1 of 3) makes
        sense.

        > For those that have witnessed the filming of "Journey's End,
        > apparently, Captain Jack Harkness, Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, Donna
        > Noble, Jackie Tyler, Mickey Smith are in the story. Whether Sarah
        > Jane Smith, K9 or any member of Torchwood are in story, has not been
        > released

        Sarah Jane as confirmed as being in it ages ago. RTD has also made sure that everyone
        has a point & a part, they're not just in it for the sake of being in it.

        > The rumoured villains for this season that have never been confirmed
        > have been the Rani and Davros. There has beebn no mention of The
        > Master returinign yet.

        There have been numerous rumours surrounding the return of the Master. Apparently
        John Smith was contracted for two weeks filming at the end of last year. The truth of this is
        debatable, of course. Speculation ranges from him being an alternate Doctor in Rose's
        universe (though I believe RTD has said there are no Time Lords in the alternate universe...
        but then, he's lied before), to him actually being behind things in episode 13.

        > in 2009, there will be two Doctor Who specials, one around
        > the time of another season, most likely March or April, with another
        > Christmas special for Christmas 2009.

        My understanding has always been there will be 3 specials in 2009, not 3 specials in
        2008/9. So, Christmas 2008 is one, then two more, and then another for Christmas 2009.
        They've never been especially clear about this though -- as they usually film the Christmas
        eps at the start of a season (though clearly this is not the case for 2008's), there could
        even be four specials on the air in 2009.

        > we are about to start seeing Doctor and Donna books as
        > well as Doctor, Donna and Martha books. We will see when that happens.

        The first three Doctor & Donna books are out in September. They are "Ghosts of India" by
        Mark Morris, "The Doctor Trap" by Simon Messingham, and "Shining Darkness" by Mark
        Michalowski. Doctor/Donna/Martha novels seem unlikely to me, presuming "The Doctor's
        Daughter" follows on directly from "The Poison Sky" and that Martha then leaves, and
        neither travel on with him after "Journey's End". I suppose we'll see for definite whether
        there's space between episodes 5 & 6 for them to have had other adventures in two weeks'
        time.
      • badblokebob
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2008
          Sorry, some corrections to my corrections! Just a couple of typo-like-things:

          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "badblokebob" <richard@...> wrote:

          > > THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CONTAINS INFORMATION & CONJECTURE ABOUT THE
          > > NEW SEASON OF DOCTOR WHO CURRENTLY AIRING ON THE BBC AND SCI-FI
          > > CHANNEL. DO NO READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU SO CHOOSE TO DO SO.

          Sarah Jane was confirmed as being in [the finale] ages ago. RTD has made sure to point
          out that everyone has a point & a part, they're not just in it for the sake of being in it.

          (and)

          There have been numerous rumours surrounding the return of the Master. Apparently
          John Simm was contracted for two weeks filming at the end of last year.
        • sem
          Message 4 of 11 , May 3, 2008
            > > > THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CONTAINS INFORMATION & CONJECTURE ABOUT
            > > > THE NEW SEASON OF DOCTOR WHO CURRENTLY AIRING ON THE BBC
            > AND SCI-FI
            > > > CHANNEL. DO NO READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU SO CHOOSE TO DO SO.

            > There have been numerous rumours surrounding the return of
            > the Master. Apparently John Simm was contracted for two weeks
            > filming at the end of last year.

            Even if it's not true, that rumor really made my day!

            Catzy
          • Blue Rose
            Message 5 of 11 , May 3, 2008
              On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 9:45 AM, sem <catz@...> wrote:

              > > AND SCI-FI

              > > There have been numerous rumours surrounding the return of
              > > the Master. Apparently John Simm was contracted for two weeks
              > > filming at the end of last year.
              >
              > Even if it's not true, that rumor really made my day!

              Ditto! Omgs. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

              --
              Email: bluerose156@...
              AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156

            • Stuart Grant
              Message 6 of 11 , May 3, 2008
                What?

                What?

                What?

                What?

                What?

                What?

                What?

                What?

                What?

                What?

                What?

                What?

                What?

                What?

                What?

                I thought a bit of a change from the standard

                Spoiler

                Space

                Might be wanted!

                Well I do think that the preview of next weeks episode is definitely the
                BIGGEST �What?� moment EVER!

                The Doctor has a Daughter ?!*!?

                Is this Susannas mother?

                And who else noticed the flash of Rose on the screen in the TARDIS?

                Stuart (sexystuartg/spankskin)

                HYPERLINK "http://www.f-e-x.org/spankskin"http://www.f-e-x.org/spankskin

                Get your own free fetish profile at

                HYPERLINK "http://www.f-e-x.org"http://www.f-e-x.org

                Checked by AVG.
                16:34

                Checked by AVG.
                16:34

              • TicTacOrange@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , May 7, 2008
                  SPACE

                  We know that Rose Tyler is working with the alternate Torchwood. That
                  is probably how she was able to cross over to our universe. There is
                  more to that than meets the eye.

                  >>How do we know this? I remember her getting stuck in the alternate
                  dimension but I don't remember her working with Torchwood... Thought that Torchwood
                  was shut down... she might eb working with Mickey... is that Torchwood?
                  ::confused::

                  -Leanne
                  "Ooh, that was rude. Is that the sort of man I am now? Am I rude? Rude and
                  not ginger..."

                  Torchwood Online Magazine and Discussion Group:

                  American Girl (me) blogging about my European travels, will include random
                  thing, Italy/Greece touring and of course- My John Barrowman concert blog!
                  _http://amergrlineurope.livejournal.com/_
                  (http://amergrlineurope.livejournal.com/)
                  FRIEND ME! I can add you to a custom "DW/TW group and you'll get any fanfic/
                  concert updates I post! :)

                  favorites at AOL Food.

                • Blue Rose
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 8, 2008
                    On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 12:06 AM, <TicTacOrange@...> wrote:

                    > SPACE

                    > We know that Rose Tyler is working with the alternate Torchwood. That
                    > is probably how she was able to cross over to our universe. There is
                    > more to that than meets the eye.
                    >
                    > >>How do we know this? I remember her getting stuck in the alternate
                    > dimension but I don't remember her working with Torchwood... Thought that
                    > Torchwood
                    > was shut down... she might eb working with Mickey... is that Torchwood?
                    > ::confused::

                    The Torchwood of HER world was not shut down, and I believe her new job was
                    revealed in "Doomsday" although I forgot when. But yes, she went to go work
                    for Torchwood.

                    I swear his companions lately all wind up getting sucked into there at some
                    point. I just can hear the Doctor now when he gets irritated with his
                    companions: "Torchwood! I'm packing you up and sending you to Torchwood!
                    Torchwood, you hear me! Torchwood! Where they order the pizza under their
                    name cause they're so SECRET and all! Torchwood!!"

                    --
                    Email: bluerose156@...
                    AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156
                    http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com
                    ~

                  • Amanda Berendt
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 8, 2008

                      > SPACE

                      > We know that Rose Tyler is working with the alternate Torchwood.
                      That
                      > is probably how she was able to cross over to our universe. There
                      is
                      > more to that than meets the eye.
                      >
                      > >>How do we know this? I remember her getting stuck in the
                      alternate
                      > dimension but I don't remember her working with Torchwood...
                      Thought that
                      > Torchwood
                      > was shut down... she might eb working with Mickey... is that
                      Torchwood?
                      > ::confused::
                      >

                      >The Torchwood of HER world was not shut down, and I believe her new
                      >job was
                      >revealed in "Doomsday" although I forgot when. But yes, she went to
                      >go work
                      >for Torchwood.

                      At the end of Doomsday, Rose states she was working in a shop Not Torchwood.

                      "This dark gift brings enlightened sight, as if the sun's bright rays illuminate sweet mortal forms to take my breath away."
                      http://www.darksideoftheglass.com
                      http://lestat.darksideoftheglass.com

                      Be a better friend, newshound, and
                    • Lynn
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 8, 2008
                        (not spoilery now)

                        From: Amanda Berendt <debrabant_foundation@...>

                        > At the end of Doomsday, Rose states she was working in a shop Not Torchwood.

                        Um, she was kidding:

                        ROSE
                        Yeah, I'm-- I'm back working in the shop.
                        THE DOCTOR (nods)
                        Oh, good for you.
                        Rose laughs and for a moment it's just like old times.
                        ROSE
                        Shut up. No, I'm not. There's still a Torchwood on this planet, it's open for business. (tears up again) I think I know a thing or two about aliens.
                        THE DOCTOR (so proud)
                        Rose Tyler. Defender of the Earth.

                        http://who-transcripts.atspace.com/2006%20Transcripts/13_doomsday.htm

                        -Lynn
                      • Ocean268
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 23, 2008
                          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, TicTacOrange@... wrote:

                          > SPACE

                          > We know that Rose Tyler is working with the alternate Torchwood.
                          That
                          > is probably how she was able to cross over to our universe. There
                          is
                          > more to that than meets the eye.
                          >
                          > >>How do we know this? I remember her getting stuck in the
                          alternate
                          > dimension but I don't remember her working with Torchwood...
                          Thought that Torchwood
                          > was shut down... she might eb working with Mickey... is that
                          Torchwood?
                          > ::confused::
                          >

                          > -Leanne
                          > "Ooh, that was rude. Is that the sort of man I am now? Am I rude?
                          Rude and
                          > not ginger..."
                          >
                          > Torchwood Online Magazine and Discussion Group:
                          >

                          > American Girl (me) blogging about my European travels, will
                          include random
                          > thing, Italy/Greece touring and of course- My John Barrowman
                          concert blog!
                          > _http://amergrlineurope.livejournal.com/_
                          > (http://amergrlineurope.livejournal.com/)
                          > FRIEND ME! I can add you to a custom "DW/TW group and you'll get
                          any fanfic/
                          > concert updates I post! :)
                          >

                          > **************Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists
                          on family
                          > favorites at AOL Food.

                          Oh no no no

                          In Doomsday, the Doctor clearly told Rose, that she was marked as
                          dead after the Cyberman/Dalek war! She is permanently stuck in the
                          Alternate universe. I have to see Doomsday again but there is a
                          reason why she can't comeback.

                          She said that she will be working for Torchwood One. As far as I
                          know Torchwood One (in this universe) has not been rebuilt. The other
                          Torchs (2,3,4) are running independently. Expect for Torchwood 4!

                          Question is there a Captain Jack in this universe? What about Tosh
                          and Owen? I wonder what they are doing?

                          Ocean