Hello

  • cvandergriff
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2008
      Hi

      I am new to the group. I am a big Torchwood, Doctor Who fan. I enjoy
      other SciFi also. I have been watching Torchwood on BBC America. My
      husband loves the show too. Sometimes I have been watching the
      episode from the edge of my seat. It is truly amazing how big this
      show is. It will probably be another year before we see any new
      episodes. I have also noticed that the 2nd season of Torchwood was
      shown on BBC America not long after it was shown on BBC in England and
      they are doing the same with Doctor Who now being shown on the SciFi
      channel. I guess it's our incredible thirst for british SciFi.

      I look forward to chatting with you all.

      cvandergriff
    • Stephanie S
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 24, 2010
        Hi, everyone! I'm Steph, and I've become a fan of Torchwood ever since I picked up a copy of Children of Earth from the library. Right now I can't afford to buy the sets because I'm out of work, but hopefully that will change very soon. My favorite character is Captain Jack --what can I say, he is such a cutie!

        Anyway, I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. I look forward to chatting with you all very soon!
      • Jakx
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 6, 2010
          There is also an official John Barrowman yahoo group, that keeps you up to date with all his activities on TV, on Radio, and on stage.

          And he is a very busy man, so there`s something virtually every week.

          Oh, and you do know that Doctor Who first introduced us to Captain Jack Harkness? firstly with Christopher Eccleston`s Doctor (5 eps from Nu Who season 1), and then with David Tennant (a couple of eps with season 3, and 3 eps from season 4).

          Happy Capt Jack watching. :)

          Jakx

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 7, 2010
            I know about the Barrowman news and discussion groups on Yahoo. I'm
            getting the emails from the news group, but I have yet to be approved for the
            discussion group. Weird.

            I've seen Captain Jack's appearances in David Tennant's Doctor Who, but as
            usual the local library is taking it's sweet time getting the Christopher
            Eccleston series to me; I'm THAT far down on the waiting list. I've
            already watched Children of Earth several times over (that seems to be the
            easiest one to procure from the library, although I occasionally have to get more
            than one copy because the DVDs are so scratched up sometimes as to be
            unplayable, so I have to switch back and forth between sets); as a matter of
            fact, it's what led me to check out the series itself. I'm also working my
            way through the orchwood books when I can get them from the library, and
            they're pretty interesting too.

            Steph

            In a message dated 12/7/2010 4:25:45 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
            jakx.willmott@... writes:

            There is also an official John Barrowman yahoo group, that keeps you up to
            date with all his activities on TV, on Radio, and on stage.

            And he is a very busy man, so there`s something virtually every week.

            Oh, and you do know that Doctor Who first introduced us to Captain Jack
            Harkness? firstly with Christopher Eccleston`s Doctor (5 eps from Nu Who
            season 1), and then with David Tennant (a couple of eps with season 3, and 3 e
            ps from season 4).

            Happy Capt Jack watching. :)

            Jakx

          • Charles Galloway
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 10, 2010
              Might be nice to post the details of the Barrowman news and discussion groups for those of us who don't know? Also are any for
              Eve Myles ?

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 13, 2010
                There's links to the Barrowman news and discussion groups on
                JohnBarrowman.com, if I recall. I haven't seen anything for Eve Myles specifically, but
                if you do a search on Yahoogroups you might come up with something.

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 10, 2013
                  Hello.

                  I could not open this one, either.  The error message said that the page was not found.  I'll contact Dean Kaufman about this one, too, just in case he could open it.

                  Robbie