Group Reopening

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2008
      The Torchwood Group is opening again. Thanks to everyone for their
      patience.

      There are a few changes. New members will be on moderation for the
      first couple of weeks until they have made some posts and shown that
      they are not making a habit of spoiling or being rude to other members.
      We will be actively seeing which members (new and existing) can be
      switched off moderation, but cannot guarantee a specific number of days.

      The spoiler policy will be posted once a month, on the first or second
      of the month. It will be reposted when updated. It is NOT a discussion
      topic. If there is an issue with someone being rude, the spoiler
      policy, or someone breaking the policy, do not discuss it on the group.
      Contact the moderation team. If you have a problem with a moderator,
      contact me directly.

      I am trying to find out when Series 2 will be reaching DVD in Region 1
      and Australia/New Zealand. Also, if there are any signs that it will be
      airing soon in Australia, New Zealand, or Canada. If it is feasible to
      give members in these countries a chance to see the episodes on TV
      before spoiling the plotlines for them, then I want to do it. If not,
      they should at least have a chance to import the DVDs before we open
      the floodgates. A decision will be made after consulting with the rest
      of the moderation team when we have more information.

      Welcome back to the warm and fuzzy world of the Torchwood Yahoo Group.

      Benjamin Elliott
    • Chris Elray
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29, 2008
        I think the indications are that TW2 will be released around 30 June 2008. Some DVD retailers are taking advance orders with an approximate release date around then.

        Cheers

        Cliff

        To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: bfelliott@...: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 01:01:28 +0000Subject: [torchwood] Group Reopening

[...]

        Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
        http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT

      • sem
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29, 2008
          > I think the indications are that TW2 will be released around
          > 30 June 2008. Some DVD retailers are taking advance orders
          > with an approximate release date around then.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Cliff

          Region 1?

          catzy
        • nyc blkboy
          Message 4 of 5 , May 4, 2008
            dvds have region codes more information here:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

            Canada is region 1 but australlia and new zealand are region 4

            http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/92/DVD-Regions_with_key-2.svg/400px-DVD-Regions_with_key-2.svg.png

            thurman

            --
            "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be
            capital punishment for it or anything, but why don't we just take the safety

          • sem
            Message 5 of 5 , May 4, 2008
              I was asking when it would be released in region 1. I KNOW what the regions
              are. And the US is region 1 also.

              Catzy