Re: Torchwood ending [spoilers]

  • donutsweeps
    Message 1 of 170 , Jan 2, 2007

      > I think the Ending is not wwhat we think it is for the show and
      > Torchwood was renewed for new season and will be moving to BBC2
      from
      > what been able to gather from posting and other groups.
      >
      > Remember Jack does not know the doctor has changed and that Rose
      and
      > him are no longer together. Torchwood one was lost but we have no
      idea
      > as to what they know of the Doctor and Rose. I noted that people
      seem
      > to be having there minds wiped as in the Doctor who X-mas show it
      > seems no one seem to remember the X-mas before and the space ship
      that
      > was blown up by Torchwood then too.
      >

      > CC

      presumedly security footage survived of the new Doctor at Canary
      Warf.. and in the season finale of Doctor Who the Doctor tells Rose
      that she was listed among the dead, presumedly Jack would have
      checked that list. Also.... if Jack had the Doctor's hand why
      wouldn't he assume that the Doctor had regenerated?

      In the first episode of Torchwood when Jack and Gwen are talking at
      the bar (before he wiped her memory) Jack asks her about the big
      spaceship hovering over london on christmas day, the battle of
      canary warf and a cyberman in every home. She responds saying that
      her boyfriend figures its a kind of terrorism, like they put drugs
      in the water supplies, psychotropic drugs that cause amss
      halluciations. Jack replys that your boyfriend is stupid.
      So people remember the aliens, etc.. they just find ways to ignore
      it.
    • Will Vigar
      Message 170 of 170 , Jan 10, 2007
        On 10/01/07, Orchid <ironorchid@...> wrote:

        > I can remember Mary being a pain in the BBC's backside, but didn't realise
        > she had a problem with Dr Who, why? what could possibly have been the
        > problem with Dr Who?
        >
        > Pat

        HEr main problem was that it was too scary and too violent for the
        target audience...which was about 7 as far as she was concerned....she
        had a particular problem with....oh hang on what was it
        called....sorry just got up and my brain really isn't
        functioning....the episode where the Tom Baker is in the MAtrix and
        being drowned at the end of an episode....she went absolutely
        ballistic at that claiming that children had to suffer for a whole
        thinking the person that they idolised was dead....

        Even seven year olds know how to play the game....I think she assumed
        that children weren't aware of what a cliff hanger was and couldn't
        comprehend that everything was eventually going to go in the Doctors
        favour....even in the 70's/80's kids were a damned sight more media
        savvy than most adults thought.....

        But she also made strange and bizarre claims about anti-christian
        content....because only jesus can die and be resurrected...claims of
        being in league with satan....unsurprisingly, The Daemons (hence my
        comment about wishing she could see Impossible Planet/Satan Pit).

        It wasn't just Who she criticised, but it was a favourite bugbear of
        hers.....she was often on programmes like BiteBaCk, Points of View and
        even 'Thats LIfe' airing her views, mostly because she pretty much
        always managed to make herself look ridiculous...she gave good telly
        ;-)

        --
        "A Knife and Fork in a World of Soup"