Fwd: [hammer film] (OT) Yahoo "Web Beacon" tracks subscriber's mail, etc

  • Patrick Power
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2006
      I think this is an important thing to pay attention to so I forwarded it on to all my groups..

      To: <hammerfilm@yahoogroups.com>
      From: "TB" <partyslammer@...>
      Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:27:06 -0800
      Subject: [hammer film] (OT) Yahoo "Web Beacon" tracks subscriber's mail, etc

      Yahoo list subscribers may not be aware of this but here's a head's up:

      http://www.rense.com/general69/tracking.htm

      http://antivirus.about.com/od/spywareandadware/a/yahoobugs.htm

      Basically,  if you belong to ANY Yahoo Groups - be aware that Yahoo is now
      using "Web Beacons" to track every Yahoo Group user. It's similar to
      cookies, but allows Yahoo to record every website and every group you visit,
      even when you're not connected to Yahoo.

      T.B.

      Patrick Power
      http://BugEyedMonsterSociety.bravehost.com

      American Whovian: A Site for U.S. Doctor Who Fans
      http://americanwhovian.bravehost.com/

    • Will Vigar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2006

        To: <hammerfilm@yahoogroups.com>