Adrift

  • Lynette Marie
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2008
      I watched "Adrift" over the weekend (in the US) and I was completely moved by the episode. As a mother of a 15-year old boy, I sympathized with Jonah's mother. I felt her pain at having lost her child, then the horror when she finally realized the older, burnt version of him was truly her son. What she said to Gwen towards the end of the episode really hit home and helped to bring Gwen down off her pedestal. She doesn't always know what's right. Sometimes it's best to leave things alone and that was made perfectly clear by the mother who in her sorrow thought it best to not have known what became of Jonah.

      The beauty of Torchwood is that it has a wonderful sense of balance for its sci-fi and the humanity within the show. The special effects are terrific, but alone, it would feel empty. The moments that bring tears to my eyes or at least gets me choked up, are the esstential part of what makes this show great in my opinion.

      Lynette Marie