RE: [torchwood] Re: copies of torchwood episodes

  • Keith A. Glass
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
      Not really. A good newsreader (I use Forte AGENT), WinPar to check parity
      and fix corrupted files, and WinRAR to unarchive, and BOOM!, you're ready to
      rock and roll.

      Between the WhoFan Doctor Who DVD images, and the SOH Torchwoord DVD images,
      I have DVDs every bit as good as commercial, and MUCH sooner: we're talking
      day after for an entire mastered DVD, and for videos only, hours faster than
      P2P: BitTorrent takes a while to build up a critical mass of users sharing
      one file. . .

      _____

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
        But you have take in that HD is now pass on in Japan as well as
        Blue-ray and the next best thing is coming .. I love getting the eps
        on like and finding them in such great quality.

        I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my news reader as it has a plug in for
        binaries as does Firefox too. will have to try the binaries files and
        see how it works.

        I run most from hard drives on a network DVD burning can get pricey
        after a bit.

        CC

        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Keith A. Glass" <salgak@...> wrote:

        > Not really. A good newsreader (I use Forte AGENT), WinPar to check
        parity
        > and fix corrupted files, and WinRAR to unarchive, and BOOM!, you're
        ready to
        > rock and roll.
        >
        > Between the WhoFan Doctor Who DVD images, and the SOH Torchwoord DVD
        images,
        > I have DVDs every bit as good as commercial, and MUCH sooner: we're
        talking
        > day after for an entire mastered DVD, and for videos only, hours
        faster than
        > P2P: BitTorrent takes a while to build up a critical mass of users
        sharing
        > one file. . .
        >
        > _____

        On Behalf
        > Of Ask me
        > Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 5:16 AM
        > To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [torchwood] Re: copies of torchwood episodes
        >

        > WOW I haven't used the Usenet binaries groups for years now. I would
        > think you would still need a bit of know how on re-compiling the
        > binaries files together but it isn't hard to learn but how many part
        > to one file? the eps are like 300 to 600 megs plus.
        > That would be some post to get all the parts to.
        > one of the P2P programs I use is Shareaza it works well in finding and
        > downloading the eps for me and I am not in that big of a hurry to get
        > the eps my self.. I now have all of Doctor who(new shows first and
        > second season) and all of Torchwood as of today. the last I got off
        > bit torrent with Azureus. and under 3 hours Torrents download at
        > different rates and you need to setup the download program just right
        > to get the best speed.
        >
        > CC
        >
        > --- In HYPERLINK
        > "mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com"torchwood@..., "Keith A.
        > Glass" <salgak@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Actually, if you know how to use PAR2 and RAR files, and have both a
        > good
        > > newsreader program and a good newsfeed, I've found
        > alt.binaries.-drwho has it
        > > complete in about half the time it takes to get a torrent down. I
        > had both
        > > episodes by midnight eastern last night via USENET, the torrent had
        > ~3 hours
        > > to go at the time. . .
        > >
        > > _____
        > >
        > > From: HYPERLINK