Re: Torchwood ending [spoilers]

  • Ask me
    Message 1 of 170 , Jan 3, 2007
      Ok for the record I did not say I wanted the Kissing taken out I said
      that there could be people here that would not like it.. I know i said
      I could do with out the kissing but what i ment was for showing here
      in the US as I don't think a main stream of the US that watchs show
      like Doctor Who would want to watch it. I love to see the show air
      here as is but we all know that It won't fly as well as is with those
      that govern what we see in Primtime TV in the US..

      I have friends in the UK and here in the US watching that are Gay and
      they feel the show is pushing Jack being gay for rating more than it
      being part of the charter(which it is as well know that) as a stand
      alone show and for those that don't know who Jack is it would be
      confusing to them as to who he is so open to who he has sex with.
      In the eps of Doctor who you got the feeling Jack has spent time in
      space and with different races that didn't have any taboos on sex.

      the US would have people censoring the homosexual inactions if they
      wanted it to run in primtime. I could care less if they had them Jack
      kissing evey guy in the town on the show but out of 13 eps 9 seem to
      have something about Jack and sex and who he like to Shag.. and that
      was pointed out by some that is gay.

      Yes it adult show and that is fine but if is want to run as Sci-fi in
      the US some one here will want to change it.

      Ok I am sorry again if I not getting my pint clear and I'm offending
      anyone that isn't what I am trying to do I just wanting to air my
      feeling on the show.
      It is great and I like the the over all feeling of the show and i
      can't wait till there is more eps.

      CC
      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:

      > At 04:39 AM 1/3/2007, Ask me wrote:
      > ***** BEGIN ORIGINAL MESSAGE *****
      > >Sorry did mean to sound homophobic but there is homosexual stuff that
      > >is just there and they there is over kill.. We all know Jack is open
      > >to being sexual with anyone(or anything Alien or human)But after watch
      > >near every eps back to back it was getting boring and a bit over kill.
      > >
      > >I maen you could tell where things were going in eps 12 right up
      > >before the end...
      > >
      > >I have many that are homosexual some are not here anymore and I miss
      > >them as friends. I do not judge anyone for what they do with their
      > >life's I just think you can tell story like Torchwood and still not
      > >hit people over the head with the main charter being gay.
      > >
      > >There will many here in the US that will yell about the show if it was
      > >to ever come here but again I will not be one of them.
      > >
      > >Again sorry if i sounded like was anti-gay I'm just tired of getting
      > >hit over the head with it in some shows.
      >

      > sorry but RTD and John have both emphasized that Torchwood is adult and
      > that it would showcase straight and gay relationships (as well as cross
      > species relationships)
      >
      > I found nothing over the top, in your face with Jack's kiss of the real
      > Capt Jack - if anything if only further emphasized the poignant love
      > story btwn the two men and that is not salacious
      >
      > if you want their kiss eliminated then they should also eliminated any
      > other kiss in the series as well - straight, gay or alien/human
      >
      > pfyre

    • Will Vigar
      Message 170 of 170 , Jan 10, 2007
        On 10/01/07, Orchid <ironorchid@...> wrote:

        > I can remember Mary being a pain in the BBC's backside, but didn't realise
        > she had a problem with Dr Who, why? what could possibly have been the
        > problem with Dr Who?
        >
        > Pat

        HEr main problem was that it was too scary and too violent for the
        target audience...which was about 7 as far as she was concerned....she
        had a particular problem with....oh hang on what was it
        called....sorry just got up and my brain really isn't
        functioning....the episode where the Tom Baker is in the MAtrix and
        being drowned at the end of an episode....she went absolutely
        ballistic at that claiming that children had to suffer for a whole
        thinking the person that they idolised was dead....

        Even seven year olds know how to play the game....I think she assumed
        that children weren't aware of what a cliff hanger was and couldn't
        comprehend that everything was eventually going to go in the Doctors
        favour....even in the 70's/80's kids were a damned sight more media
        savvy than most adults thought.....

        But she also made strange and bizarre claims about anti-christian
        content....because only jesus can die and be resurrected...claims of
        being in league with satan....unsurprisingly, The Daemons (hence my
        comment about wishing she could see Impossible Planet/Satan Pit).

        It wasn't just Who she criticised, but it was a favourite bugbear of
        hers.....she was often on programmes like BiteBaCk, Points of View and
        even 'Thats LIfe' airing her views, mostly because she pretty much
        always managed to make herself look ridiculous...she gave good telly
        ;-)

        --
        "A Knife and Fork in a World of Soup"