Re: Torchwood ending [spoilers]

  • Ask me
    Message 1 of 170 , Jan 3, 2007
      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > >>
      > >>However, in regards to the plot, I liked the links with the 2006
      > >>series of Doctor Who, in particular the Satan Pit. I did wonder, in
      > >>the first part, if Bilis was either the Devil or connected with him.
      > >>
      > >>The ending of the thing was good. I was wondering, in part 2, if the
      > >>Doctor himself would turn up to help them destroy Satan/Abaddon. But
      > >>he came at the end, well, we saw his severed hand again in the jar,
      > >>and then the sound of the Tardis, as the Doctor took Jack away. But
      > >>why? I presume it is because Torchwood has ended and the new Doctor
      > >>Who series is going to start later this year, and I already read
      > >>somewhere that Jack will be in it (so I knew that he was not going to
      > >>be dead for long), so maybe when the first 2007 episode of Doctor Who
      > >>starts, it will start with the Doctor visiting Torchwood in Cardiff
      > >>and taking Jack on board, for whatever reason. I can't wait to find
      > >>out!
      > >>
      > >>David
      > >

      > >I think the Ending is not wwhat we think it is for the show and
      > >Torchwood was renewed for new season and will be moving to BBC2 from
      > >what been able to gather from posting and other groups.
      >
      > when they filmed the finale - RTD and the rest of the Torchwood
      > production people were confident in renewal - the only real question at
      > the time being more along the lines of whether or not it would be
      > moving to first run on BBC2 or perhaps BBC1
      >
      > I wasn't aware that people were viewing this series finale as the
      > absolute finale of the show as a whole? perhaps there is the usual
      > confusion btwn Britishisms and Americanisms?
      >
      > as a US television season is the equivalent of the UK television series
      >
      > >Remember Jack does not know the doctor has changed and that Rose and
      > >him are no longer together. Torchwood one was lost but we have no idea
      > >as to what they know of the Doctor and Rose. I noted that people seem
      > >to be having there minds wiped as in the Doctor who X-mas show it
      > >seems no one seem to remember the X-mas before and the space ship that
      > >was blown up by Torchwood then too.
      >
      > considering the fact that Jack has the Doctor's severed hand - it would
      > seem logical that although Jack has not personally encountered the new
      > Doctor he is at least aware of the Doctor having regenerated
      >
      > I do agree that Jack is unlikely to know the true circumstances in the
      > aftermath of the Canary Warf incident -- but considering that Rose and
      > her mother are listed among the dead in this universe - it may well be
      > that he is aware that the current Doctor is no longer traveling with
      > Rose
      >
      > >Could there be more than Torchwood at work at keeping Alien tech to
      > >them selfs other than TW?
      >
      > quite possibly
      >

      > >BTW
      > >Anyone have the new season starting date yet for Torchwood?
      > >
      > >CC
      >
      > I seem to recall John saying that it would go into production in the

      I figure they would start shooting after the first eps of the 3 season
      of Doctor Who airs in April or just before as do know they are in
      post-production on Doctor Who. I still want to know how did Jack get
      the Hand?,, what was he planing on doing with it ? When did Jack get
      into this time line? last we saw him he was on the Space station in
      the far future and had just come back from being dead as Rosy brought
      him back. Did here cross time by way of the rift?

      BTW did you note the big nasty and how it look something like the one
      in the pit Doctor encounter? I wounder if this was younger one of them?

      This will be fun to see how it unfolds over time and I hope for
      sometime to come.

      CC
    • Will Vigar
      Message 170 of 170 , Jan 10, 2007
        On 10/01/07, Orchid <ironorchid@...> wrote:

        > I can remember Mary being a pain in the BBC's backside, but didn't realise
        > she had a problem with Dr Who, why? what could possibly have been the
        > problem with Dr Who?
        >
        > Pat

        HEr main problem was that it was too scary and too violent for the
        target audience...which was about 7 as far as she was concerned....she
        had a particular problem with....oh hang on what was it
        called....sorry just got up and my brain really isn't
        functioning....the episode where the Tom Baker is in the MAtrix and
        being drowned at the end of an episode....she went absolutely
        ballistic at that claiming that children had to suffer for a whole
        thinking the person that they idolised was dead....

        Even seven year olds know how to play the game....I think she assumed
        that children weren't aware of what a cliff hanger was and couldn't
        comprehend that everything was eventually going to go in the Doctors
        favour....even in the 70's/80's kids were a damned sight more media
        savvy than most adults thought.....

        But she also made strange and bizarre claims about anti-christian
        content....because only jesus can die and be resurrected...claims of
        being in league with satan....unsurprisingly, The Daemons (hence my
        comment about wishing she could see Impossible Planet/Satan Pit).

        It wasn't just Who she criticised, but it was a favourite bugbear of
        hers.....she was often on programmes like BiteBaCk, Points of View and
        even 'Thats LIfe' airing her views, mostly because she pretty much
        always managed to make herself look ridiculous...she gave good telly
        ;-)

        --
        "A Knife and Fork in a World of Soup"