RE: [torchwood] Re: Another Round - Exit Wounds

  • Orchid
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 2, 2008
      I just read something about it. I'll go back and see if I can find where it
      was.

      Orchid

      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 2, 2008
        > >I checked the Sci-Fi tv schedule in March and could not find any Dr.
        > >Who episodes. Perhaps I needed to wait until it was April :-)

        I checked a few weeks ago. They have 2 months at a time posted. You have to
        go to the bottom of the page where the calendar is. They've been running
        repeats at the ungodly hour of 5am PST (that's probably EST as well) for
        awhile now.

      • Orchid
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 2, 2008
          I can't find the original list of episodes I saw, but according to Digital
          Spy, Jack's episode is towards the end of the season. I would expect it to
          be in the last one or two.

          Orchid

        • Anna Hayward
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 2, 2008
            It's definitely a later episode - in the middle of the series, I believe. DT
            says that all four assistants would be in it - and then added "Oh, and of
            course John Barrowman as well - Captain Jack is back".

            (He said it on the Friday Night Project, which is shown in various sections
            on YouTube, although you'll have to bolt it together. It is frankly
            hysterical - if DT wanted to give up acting and become a comedian, we'd all
            pay to see him. I particularly enjoyed the "I can only assume he's
            intimidated" comment re. JB.)

            Of course, you American fans could always buy yourselves a multi-region DVD
            player and get the PAL versions when the DVDs come out in UK - which they do
            generally quite soon after each set of 4 episodes is shown. Have a look on
            Amazon.co.uk. I've pre-ordered Torchwood Season 2, which is due out in a few
            weeks, even though the last episode is being shown this Friday (can't
            wait!). OTOH, April isn't that far away. I am reliably told the PAL versions
            are better, however, as the censoring isn't so strict in UK, but I have
            absolutely no idea if that's true or not. Maybe there are fans nerdish
            enough to go through the NTSC v. PAL versions frame-by-frame to see if there
            are any differences? (actually, come to think of it, I'm probably that
            nerdish!).

            Anna
            "A life lived in fear is a life half lived" - from Strictly Ballroom

            _____

            From: torchwood@yahoogrou <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com
            > > Do you know which episodes have Captain Jack scheduled? I
            > don't think the US is getting S4 Dr. Who in the foreseeable future.

            at this point IF someone KNEW I'm positive it would have been all
            over the 'net - at this point no official word is out on which ep or
            eps Jack appears in

          • Chris Elray
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
              Yes .. play.com is offering the DVD set for GBP 14.99 PRE ORDER .. available 30 June 2008. So you have to wait 3 months ... but that'a a good price ..

              Cheers

              Cliff

              To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: canetr5@...: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 17:25:37 +0000Subject: [torchwood] Re: Another Round - Exit Wounds

              Thanks, pfyre.I checked the Sci-Fi tv schedule in March and could not find any Dr. Who episodes. Perhaps I needed to wait until it was April :-)Voyage of the Damned is not included in Dean's list below. Is this one of those infamous "Christmas specials"?Thanks again,Mary--- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:>> At 12:55 PM 4/2/2008, Mary, annotated:> >--- In > ><mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com>torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dean > >L. Kaufman"> ><deanlkaufman@> wrote:> > >> > > By the way, except for one episode, all of Doctor Who's new season> > > titles have been announced. Make of them what you will.> > >> > > Partners in Crime> > > The Fires of Pompeii> > > Planet of the Ood> > > The Sontaran Strategem (Part 1)> > > The Poison Sky (Part 2)> > > The Doctor's Daughter> > > The Unicorn and the Wasp> > > Silence in the Library (Part 1)> > > River's Run (Part 2)> > > Midnight> > > Turn Left - Part 1> > > Unknown Episode Title - Part 2> > > Journey's End (Season Finale) - Part 3> > >> > > Dean> >> >Dean,> >> >Do you know which episodes have Captain Jack scheduled? I don't> >think the US is getting S4 Dr. Who in the foreseeable future.> >> >Thanks,> >Mary> > series 4 of Doctor Who is starting in this month on SciFi starting > with 'Voyage of the Damned'> --> Precious and rare all Love is, gender matters not.> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>

            • debra fauvor

                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
                  Nah ... don't think so ... it was on the website also but at about 3 times the price ..

                  By the way the DVD set is only sold to residents of nominated countries, and Australia is not one of them ... damn!!! I think play.com only sells to relatively geo-local countries ..

                  But if play has it I would think that Amazon, DVD Orchard, Sendit etc would all get it by 30 June .. I guess it's the price that is the question ..

                  Cheers

                  Cliff

                  To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: debrafauvor@...: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:57:02 -0700Subject: RE: [torchwood] Series 2 DVD set

                  Does that mean, perchance, that the first season will be affordable as well?Chris Elray <adultstuff@...> wrote: Yes .. play.com is offering the DVD set for GBP 14.99 PRE ORDER .. available 30 June 2008. So you have to wait 3 months ... but that'a a good price ..CheersCliffTo: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: canetr5@...: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 17:25:37 +0000Subject: [torchwood] Re: Another Round - Exit WoundsThanks, pfyre.I checked the Sci-Fi tv schedule in March and could not find any Dr. Who episodes. Perhaps I needed to wait until it was April :-)Voyage of the Damned is not included in Dean's list below. Is this one of those infamous "Christmas specials"?Thanks again,Mary--- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:>> At 12:55 PM 4/2/2008, Mary, annotated:> >--- In > ><mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com>torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dean > >L. Kaufman"> ><deanlkaufman@> wrote:> > >> > > By the way, except for one episode, all of Doctor Who's new season> > > titles have been announced. Make of them what you will.> > >> > > Partners in Crime> > > The Fires of Pompeii> > > Planet of the Ood> > > The Sontaran Strategem (Part 1)> > > The Poison Sky (Part 2)> > > The Doctor's Daughter> > > The Unicorn and the Wasp> > > Silence in the Library (Part 1)> > > River's Run (Part 2)> > > Midnight> > > Turn Left - Part 1> > > Unknown Episode Title - Part 2> > > Journey's End(Season Finale) - Part 3> > >> > > Dean> >> >Dean,> >> >Do you know which episodes have Captain Jack scheduled? I don't> >think the US is getting S4 Dr. Who in the foreseeable future.> >> >Thanks,> >Mary> > series 4 of Doctor Who is starting in this month on SciFi starting > with 'Voyage of the Damned'> --> Precious and rare all Love is, gender matters not.> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]> __________________________________________________________Find the job of your dreams before someone else doeshttp://mycareer.com.au/?s_cid=596064 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]---------------------------------You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                • Karen Blakeley
                  Message 8 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
                    I've heard that Amazon UK are offering the Torchwood Series 1 box set
                    for 21.99. A bargain indeed.

                    Regards
                    Karen

                  • flashn9wdq@charter.net
                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008
                      I have pre-ordered thru Amazon. I live in the US.

                      dennis