Re: [torchwood] Re: Another Round - Exit Wounds

    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 2, 2008
      At 01:25 PM 4/2/2008, Mary, annotated:
      >Thanks, pfyre.
      >
      >I checked the Sci-Fi tv schedule in March and could not find any Dr.
      >Who episodes. Perhaps I needed to wait until it was April :-)

      absolutely - acutally they have been airing eps at odd times - not
      always showing up officially on their schedule even *shrug* who knows
      with SciFi

      >Voyage of the Damned is not included in Dean's list below. Is this
      >one of those infamous "Christmas specials"?

      Voyage of the Damned is the latest Christmas special airs on April 18
      and the 'regular' series four eps will begin airing the week following week

    • Orchid
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 2, 2008
        I just read something about it. I'll go back and see if I can find where it
        was.

        Orchid

        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 2, 2008
          > >I checked the Sci-Fi tv schedule in March and could not find any Dr.
          > >Who episodes. Perhaps I needed to wait until it was April :-)

          I checked a few weeks ago. They have 2 months at a time posted. You have to
          go to the bottom of the page where the calendar is. They've been running
          repeats at the ungodly hour of 5am PST (that's probably EST as well) for
          awhile now.

        • Orchid
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 2, 2008
            I can't find the original list of episodes I saw, but according to Digital
            Spy, Jack's episode is towards the end of the season. I would expect it to
            be in the last one or two.

            Orchid

          • Anna Hayward
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 2, 2008
              It's definitely a later episode - in the middle of the series, I believe. DT
              says that all four assistants would be in it - and then added "Oh, and of
              course John Barrowman as well - Captain Jack is back".

              (He said it on the Friday Night Project, which is shown in various sections
              on YouTube, although you'll have to bolt it together. It is frankly
              hysterical - if DT wanted to give up acting and become a comedian, we'd all
              pay to see him. I particularly enjoyed the "I can only assume he's
              intimidated" comment re. JB.)

              Of course, you American fans could always buy yourselves a multi-region DVD
              player and get the PAL versions when the DVDs come out in UK - which they do
              generally quite soon after each set of 4 episodes is shown. Have a look on
              Amazon.co.uk. I've pre-ordered Torchwood Season 2, which is due out in a few
              weeks, even though the last episode is being shown this Friday (can't
              wait!). OTOH, April isn't that far away. I am reliably told the PAL versions
              are better, however, as the censoring isn't so strict in UK, but I have
              absolutely no idea if that's true or not. Maybe there are fans nerdish
              enough to go through the NTSC v. PAL versions frame-by-frame to see if there
              are any differences? (actually, come to think of it, I'm probably that
              nerdish!).

              Anna
              "A life lived in fear is a life half lived" - from Strictly Ballroom

              _____

              From: torchwood@yahoogrou <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com
              > > Do you know which episodes have Captain Jack scheduled? I
              > don't think the US is getting S4 Dr. Who in the foreseeable future.

              at this point IF someone KNEW I'm positive it would have been all
              over the 'net - at this point no official word is out on which ep or
              eps Jack appears in

            • Chris Elray
              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
                Yes .. play.com is offering the DVD set for GBP 14.99 PRE ORDER .. available 30 June 2008. So you have to wait 3 months ... but that'a a good price ..

                Cheers

                Cliff

                To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: canetr5@...: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 17:25:37 +0000Subject: [torchwood] Re: Another Round - Exit Wounds

                Thanks, pfyre.I checked the Sci-Fi tv schedule in March and could not find any Dr. Who episodes. Perhaps I needed to wait until it was April :-)Voyage of the Damned is not included in Dean's list below. Is this one of those infamous "Christmas specials"?Thanks again,Mary--- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:>> At 12:55 PM 4/2/2008, Mary, annotated:> >--- In > ><mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com>torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dean > >L. Kaufman"> ><deanlkaufman@> wrote:> > >> > > By the way, except for one episode, all of Doctor Who's new season> > > titles have been announced. Make of them what you will.> > >> > > Partners in Crime> > > The Fires of Pompeii> > > Planet of the Ood> > > The Sontaran Strategem (Part 1)> > > The Poison Sky (Part 2)> > > The Doctor's Daughter> > > The Unicorn and the Wasp> > > Silence in the Library (Part 1)> > > River's Run (Part 2)> > > Midnight> > > Turn Left - Part 1> > > Unknown Episode Title - Part 2> > > Journey's End (Season Finale) - Part 3> > >> > > Dean> >> >Dean,> >> >Do you know which episodes have Captain Jack scheduled? I don't> >think the US is getting S4 Dr. Who in the foreseeable future.> >> >Thanks,> >Mary> > series 4 of Doctor Who is starting in this month on SciFi starting > with 'Voyage of the Damned'> --> Precious and rare all Love is, gender matters not.> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>

              • debra fauvor

                  Message 8 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
                    Nah ... don't think so ... it was on the website also but at about 3 times the price ..

                    By the way the DVD set is only sold to residents of nominated countries, and Australia is not one of them ... damn!!! I think play.com only sells to relatively geo-local countries ..

                    But if play has it I would think that Amazon, DVD Orchard, Sendit etc would all get it by 30 June .. I guess it's the price that is the question ..

                    Cheers

                    Cliff

                    To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: debrafauvor@...: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:57:02 -0700Subject: RE: [torchwood] Series 2 DVD set

                    Does that mean, perchance, that the first season will be affordable as well?Chris Elray <adultstuff@...> wrote: Yes .. play.com is offering the DVD set for GBP 14.99 PRE ORDER .. available 30 June 2008. So you have to wait 3 months ... but that'a a good price ..CheersCliffTo: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: canetr5@...: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 17:25:37 +0000Subject: [torchwood] Re: Another Round - Exit WoundsThanks, pfyre.I checked the Sci-Fi tv schedule in March and could not find any Dr. Who episodes. Perhaps I needed to wait until it was April :-)Voyage of the Damned is not included in Dean's list below. Is this one of those infamous "Christmas specials"?Thanks again,Mary--- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:>> At 12:55 PM 4/2/2008, Mary, annotated:> >--- In > ><mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com>torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dean > >L. Kaufman"> ><deanlkaufman@> wrote:> > >> > > By the way, except for one episode, all of Doctor Who's new season> > > titles have been announced. Make of them what you will.> > >> > > Partners in Crime> > > The Fires of Pompeii> > > Planet of the Ood> > > The Sontaran Strategem (Part 1)> > > The Poison Sky (Part 2)> > > The Doctor's Daughter> > > The Unicorn and the Wasp> > > Silence in the Library (Part 1)> > > River's Run (Part 2)> > > Midnight> > > Turn Left - Part 1> > > Unknown Episode Title - Part 2> > > Journey's End(Season Finale) - Part 3> > >> > > Dean> >> >Dean,> >> >Do you know which episodes have Captain Jack scheduled? I don't> >think the US is getting S4 Dr. Who in the foreseeable future.> >> >Thanks,> >Mary> > series 4 of Doctor Who is starting in this month on SciFi starting > with 'Voyage of the Damned'> --> Precious and rare all Love is, gender matters not.> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]> __________________________________________________________Find the job of your dreams before someone else doeshttp://mycareer.com.au/?s_cid=596064 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]---------------------------------You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                  • Karen Blakeley
                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
                      I've heard that Amazon UK are offering the Torchwood Series 1 box set
                      for 21.99. A bargain indeed.

                      Regards
                      Karen

                    • flashn9wdq@charter.net
                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008
                        I have pre-ordered thru Amazon. I live in the US.

                        dennis