Re: RE: [torchwood] Abandonment of Jack

  • maxngerry@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 1, 2008
      From: Anna Hayward

      > One thing interesting is that although we know that Jack is
      > knocking off
      > Ianto, that's somehow not enough for us - we want "the whole
      > fairytale" (to
      > quote the movie "Pretty Woman"). I can't think of any other TV
      > series where
      > that's been the case - the sex preceeding the romance, I mean.

      Buffy and Spike...

      Namaste,
      Max (Maxime@...)
      SciFi Stuff for sale on eBay:
      http://tinyurl.com/362bba

    • donnawinky
      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 2, 2008
        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:

        > At 08:16 PM 3/31/2008, psatinshein, annotated:

        > >I am a frequent reader, and watcher, but a reluctant writer here -
        > >guess I am more of a lurker, but I have a question about "from out
        > >of the rain". Jack mentioned that he "worked" for a group
        > >investigating the night travelers. I understand that he worked in
        > >another travelling show as "the man who couldn't die". I wonder if
        > >we know the "group" he was working for? I know that he worked with
        > >the Dr., but since I have not seen all the DW episodes, I am
        > >thinking that maybe I have missed something.
        > >
        > >Any help would be appreciated!
        > >
        > >Wolfyne
        >
        > my guess is that he's referring to Torchwood - as it would be in
        > existence at that time since the queen had already established it
        > protect the earth from alien influence and most especially the
        Doctor
        > - my vote is that the group was an early version of Torchwood One
        >
        > pfyre
        >
        > --

        If he was with Torchwood way back in the beginning wouldn't he have
        been aware of the old man in the eppy were that were send back in
        time and he met his namesake? The guy who let the monster thru the
        rift? He was torchwood.

        Donna