RE: [torchwood] Abandonment of Jack

  • Anna Hayward
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 1, 2008
      Ana said: "Well considering how Jack has been treating Ianto lately perhaps
      being abandoned and humbled a bit didn't do a lick of good. Sorry, I'm still
      irked at him in "Something Borrowed""

      I don't see this at all!

      In "Something Borrowed" we see..

      Sorry, spoiler space.

      Jack and Ianto acting like an old married couple when they bicker with Owen
      in the SUV. I laughed my socks off! Ianto isn't IMHO, the slightest bit
      threatened by Gwen, as she's well and truly out of the running. She's in
      love with Rhys, and showed an extraordinary desire to marry Rhys, even if
      she risked her life to do it. Gwen might be the unobtainable object of
      fantasy, but when it comes down to it, Jack knows where his bread's
      buttered. We didn't see him protesting when Ianto dragged him off to dance,
      did we. He might have been mooning after Gwen with a slightly regretful gaze
      but he was in Ianto's arms when he did so!

      See, I reckon people have got it wrong when they see a submissive Ianto as
      chasing after a dominant Captain Jack: Ianto is playing Jack like a violin
      (for all the right reasons, of course). But Ianto is not the sort to let his
      feelings show. except he does, sometimes, when he wants to, and then there's
      no pussyfooting about at all. Remember "the kiss" in Sleeper? It wasn't Jack
      who initiated that, but do we see him complaining? Or take the episode in
      Fragments, in which Ianto effectively seduced Jack into offering him a job
      in TW. Jack didn't even want to employ him. but ended up doing so anyway.
      Poor Jack likes to be the one who takes the initiative in relationships but
      I don't think Ianto's making that easy for him!

      IMHO, if Ianto wants Jack, he has him. Although I think Jack actually likes
      being dominated a bit sometimes <wink>

      Anna
      "A life lived in fear is a life half lived" - from Strictly Ballroom

      _____

    • donnawinky
      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 2, 2008
        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:

        > At 08:16 PM 3/31/2008, psatinshein, annotated:

        > >I am a frequent reader, and watcher, but a reluctant writer here -
        > >guess I am more of a lurker, but I have a question about "from out
        > >of the rain". Jack mentioned that he "worked" for a group
        > >investigating the night travelers. I understand that he worked in
        > >another travelling show as "the man who couldn't die". I wonder if
        > >we know the "group" he was working for? I know that he worked with
        > >the Dr., but since I have not seen all the DW episodes, I am
        > >thinking that maybe I have missed something.
        > >
        > >Any help would be appreciated!
        > >
        > >Wolfyne
        >
        > my guess is that he's referring to Torchwood - as it would be in
        > existence at that time since the queen had already established it
        > protect the earth from alien influence and most especially the
        Doctor
        > - my vote is that the group was an early version of Torchwood One
        >
        > pfyre
        >
        > --

        If he was with Torchwood way back in the beginning wouldn't he have
        been aware of the old man in the eppy were that were send back in
        time and he met his namesake? The guy who let the monster thru the
        rift? He was torchwood.

        Donna