Re: [torchwood] Re: Torchwood ending [spoilers]

    Message 1 of 170 , Jan 3, 2007
      At 04:39 AM 1/3/2007, Ask me wrote:
      ***** BEGIN ORIGINAL MESSAGE *****
      >Sorry did mean to sound homophobic but there is homosexual stuff that
      >is just there and they there is over kill.. We all know Jack is open
      >to being sexual with anyone(or anything Alien or human)But after watch
      >near every eps back to back it was getting boring and a bit over kill.
      >
      >I maen you could tell where things were going in eps 12 right up
      >before the end...
      >
      >I have many that are homosexual some are not here anymore and I miss
      >them as friends. I do not judge anyone for what they do with their
      >life's I just think you can tell story like Torchwood and still not
      >hit people over the head with the main charter being gay.
      >
      >There will many here in the US that will yell about the show if it was
      >to ever come here but again I will not be one of them.
      >
      >Again sorry if i sounded like was anti-gay I'm just tired of getting
      >hit over the head with it in some shows.

      sorry but RTD and John have both emphasized that Torchwood is adult and
      that it would showcase straight and gay relationships (as well as cross
      species relationships)

      I found nothing over the top, in your face with Jack's kiss of the real
      Capt Jack - if anything if only further emphasized the poignant love
      story btwn the two men and that is not salacious

      if you want their kiss eliminated then they should also eliminated any
      other kiss in the series as well - straight, gay or alien/human

      pfyre
    • Will Vigar
      Message 170 of 170 , Jan 10, 2007
        On 10/01/07, Orchid <ironorchid@...> wrote:

        > I can remember Mary being a pain in the BBC's backside, but didn't realise
        > she had a problem with Dr Who, why? what could possibly have been the
        > problem with Dr Who?
        >
        > Pat

        HEr main problem was that it was too scary and too violent for the
        target audience...which was about 7 as far as she was concerned....she
        had a particular problem with....oh hang on what was it
        called....sorry just got up and my brain really isn't
        functioning....the episode where the Tom Baker is in the MAtrix and
        being drowned at the end of an episode....she went absolutely
        ballistic at that claiming that children had to suffer for a whole
        thinking the person that they idolised was dead....

        Even seven year olds know how to play the game....I think she assumed
        that children weren't aware of what a cliff hanger was and couldn't
        comprehend that everything was eventually going to go in the Doctors
        favour....even in the 70's/80's kids were a damned sight more media
        savvy than most adults thought.....

        But she also made strange and bizarre claims about anti-christian
        content....because only jesus can die and be resurrected...claims of
        being in league with satan....unsurprisingly, The Daemons (hence my
        comment about wishing she could see Impossible Planet/Satan Pit).

        It wasn't just Who she criticised, but it was a favourite bugbear of
        hers.....she was often on programmes like BiteBaCk, Points of View and
        even 'Thats LIfe' airing her views, mostly because she pretty much
        always managed to make herself look ridiculous...she gave good telly
        ;-)

        --
        "A Knife and Fork in a World of Soup"