Re: [torchwood] Abandonment of Jack

  • Blue Rose
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 1, 2008
      He doesn't have a monogamous bone in his body. Anyone who doesn't get that,
      doesn't get him as a character. If you're annoyed at him, I can't
      comprehend why.

      And not being monogamous doesn't mean you're a cheater...it just means
      you're capable of having more than one committed relationship at a time. At
      least he's *ethical* about it or he would've tried to jump Gwen's bones ages
      ago.

      On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 12:32 PM, ana mattison <gaz_the_gloomy@...>
      wrote:

      > Well considering how Jack has been treating Ianto lately perhaps being
      > abandoned and humbled a bit didn't do a lick of good. Sorry, I'm still irked
      > at him in "Something Borrowed"
      >
      > To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
      > From: bluerose156@...
      > Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:14:29 -0400
      > Subject: Re: [torchwood] Abandonment of Jack

      > First of all, it wasn't *literal* prejudice. Think more like
      > Time
      >
      > Lord psychic Timey-Wimey. Instinct is that Jack is *wrong* and needs
      >
      > to be fixed but can't do it.
      >

      > Secondly, I think the *real* reason why this pisses off some of the
      >
      > fans is that it sinks your Ten/Jack ship.
      >

      > On 4/1/08, Carole Maddern <carolemaddern@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Anna,
      >
      > > Many thanks for your thoughts on this, it has opened up a whole new
      >
      > > dimension of understanding for me. Much of what you say does help to
      > explain
      >
      > > the double-edged nature of the Jack/Dr relationship, so I am really
      > grateful
      >
      > > for this perspective. Maybe I can forgive the Doctor a bit now!
      >
      > > Carole
      >

      > > Anna Hayward <alienvisitor@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Carole,
      >

      > > I think the answer is exactly what Captain Jack said it was: prejudice.
      >

      > > See, this is how I see it: The Doctor, being a timelord, can sense the
      >
      > > planets rotating and is aware of the whole of time and space. He has
      > some
      >
      > > sort of "telepathic" powers, tuned into the universe, and being a
      > Timelord,
      >
      > > has a strong sense of order, and maybe also a sense of superiority.
      >
      > > Timelords are, from our POV, basically gods after all. Jack, however, is
      >
      > > large blot on the universe, an area where the rules of time and space
      > are
      >
      > > being broken, and even a Timelord can do nothing about it. He cannot be

      Email: bluerose156@...
      AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156
      http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com
      ~

    • donnawinky
      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 2, 2008
        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:

        > At 08:16 PM 3/31/2008, psatinshein, annotated:

        > >I am a frequent reader, and watcher, but a reluctant writer here -
        > >guess I am more of a lurker, but I have a question about "from out
        > >of the rain". Jack mentioned that he "worked" for a group
        > >investigating the night travelers. I understand that he worked in
        > >another travelling show as "the man who couldn't die". I wonder if
        > >we know the "group" he was working for? I know that he worked with
        > >the Dr., but since I have not seen all the DW episodes, I am
        > >thinking that maybe I have missed something.
        > >
        > >Any help would be appreciated!
        > >
        > >Wolfyne
        >
        > my guess is that he's referring to Torchwood - as it would be in
        > existence at that time since the queen had already established it
        > protect the earth from alien influence and most especially the
        Doctor
        > - my vote is that the group was an early version of Torchwood One
        >
        > pfyre
        >
        > --

        If he was with Torchwood way back in the beginning wouldn't he have
        been aware of the old man in the eppy were that were send back in
        time and he met his namesake? The guy who let the monster thru the
        rift? He was torchwood.

        Donna