Re: [torchwood] 2x13 "Exit Wounds" spoilers

  • Brian G. Williams
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
      Sorry to say but those of us outside the UK cannot access these pictures.
      That website is restricted to UK use only.

      Brian
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
        There is a back door; the "text only" menu on the top left of the BBC
        Torchwood site. Don't tell the BBC.

        http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/education/betsie/parser.pl

        Choose "downloads" and there are tons of wallpapers.

        Catzy

      • maxngerry@optonline.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
          Nothing on Exit Wounds in the text only pic list :-(

          > There is a back door; the "text only" menu on the top left of
          > the BBC
          > Torchwood site. Don't tell the BBC.
          >
          > http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/education/betsie/parser.pl
          >
          > Choose "downloads" and there are tons of wallpapers.
          >
          > Catzy

          Namaste,
          Max (Maxime@...)
          SciFi Stuff for sale on eBay:
          http://tinyurl.com/362bba

        • Anna Hayward
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
            Hi Brian,

            You said:

            >Sorry to say but those of us outside the UK cannot access these pictures.
            >That website is restricted to UK use only.

            OK Brian,

            I will describe the pictures for those of you outside Blighty:

            > http://www.bbc
            <http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/sites/downloads/series2/all.shtml>
            co.uk/torchwood/sites/downloads/series2/all.shtml

            > Bit of spoiler space here.

            Picture 1: Shows Captain John (left) digging a square hole about 3'x3'. or
            is that a grave in the making? They are in a clear, lawned area, with a wood
            in the background. (right) is a tall, dark, curly-haired man wearing a dirty
            grey padded suit (a bit like tank lagging), with belts in funny places
            (three just below the waist and two each on each leg). The man is watching
            John with his arms hanging relaxed by his side, like he's not particularly
            worried but not inclined to join in. Waiting for John to finish, perhaps?

            Picture 2: Shows Jack (left) with his hands in hand-cuffs, apparently being
            confronted with Tank-Lagging Man, who is standing almost toe-to-toe with
            him, leaning towards him and raising his, palms up, towards Jack's chest in
            a pleading or challenging way. Jack's expression is concerned, defensive
            maybe, as if he is being told something unpleasant that he doesn't really
            want to hear. (right) Capt. John is standing, albeit rather
            hunch-shouldered, as if defeated in some way. His expression is rather
            distracted, not looking directly at John and Tank-Lagging Man, but
            definitely looking unhappy about what's happening. All three men are
            standing in front of the pile of earth from the digging, but the hole is not
            visible from this angle.

            Picture 3: Shows the same scene as Picture 3, but now the men's arms are
            down and they're looking directly at each other. Their faces are inches
            apart - looks like Tank-lagging man is literally getting in Jack's face.
            Tank-Lagging Man is almost smiling, but not in a pleasant way. Jack's
            expression is of a man who is pretty devastated, or maybe bitter. It's hard
            to tell, but he definitely isn't a happy bunny and it's something
            Tank-Lagging man is saying to him. Capt. John is looking on, still not
            standing up straight, but now making direct eye-contact with the other two
            men and frowning, as if he doesn't approve of something maybe?

            Picture 4: Shows Jack and John in close-up. The are standing almost touching
            and Jack has no cuffs on. Jack is holding up John's wrist with his left
            hand. John's wristband had two red lights lit up on it. The situation
            appears cooperative. Jack's right hand is flat against his chest with the
            two middle-fingers bent towards himself, as if gesturing "Me?" There is
            blood on the neck and chest of his shirt and his eyes are directly looking
            at John's with a quizzical look. There's no animosity in his expression.
            John looks as if he's avoiding eye-contact but his body language is relaxed
            and he does not appear to be resisting Jack holding his wrist.

            Picture 5: Is a portrait of Capt. Jack looking cocky in his 18th C soldiers
            uniform. There is what looks like a bullet hole on his right hand side of
            his dirty yellow vest.

            Here are my comments on these photos again:

            > Are we assuming the guy in the padded outfit is Gray? And if so, why is
            > Captain John apparently digging a grave (or maybe a trench)? Has he dug up
            > Gray, or is he about to bury someone? Jack doesn't seem too miffed at
            > Capt.
            > John in one scene - they appear to be having a conversation about his
            > wrist
            > device. Is that Jack's wrist device, or John's? I am assuming, from the
            > blurb about the episode on the website, that John has been able to
            > transport
            > Jack back in time, for a "long awaited reunion". Presumably that's with
            > Gray? But Gray (if that is him) looks distinctly confrontational. Arrgh,
            > the
            > guessing's doing my head in!

            Anna
            "A life lived in fear is a life half lived" - from Strictly Ballroom

          • Bonnie Harris
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
              The first few photos in the list of wallpapers are from 'Exit Wounds'. One looks like Capt. Jack and Capt. John being friendly to each other (hmmmmm).

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
                If anyone has downloaded these, could you maybe post them on the list site for those of us who can't get to them? Thanks. (and maybe zip them and send them to me off list??)

                > The first few photos in the list of wallpapers are from 'Exit
                > Wounds'. One looks like Capt. Jack and Capt. John being friendly
                > to each other (hmmmmm).
                >
                > maxngerry@... wrote: Nothing on Exit Wounds
                > in the text only pic list :-(

                Namaste,