Re: [torchwood] Abandonment of Jack

  • Blue Rose
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 1, 2008
      First of all, it wasn't *literal* prejudice. Think more like Time
      Lord psychic Timey-Wimey. Instinct is that Jack is *wrong* and needs
      to be fixed but can't do it.

      Secondly, I think the *real* reason why this pisses off some of the
      fans is that it sinks your Ten/Jack ship.

      On 4/1/08, Carole Maddern <carolemaddern@...> wrote:
      > Hi Anna,
      > Many thanks for your thoughts on this, it has opened up a whole new
      > dimension of understanding for me. Much of what you say does help to explain
      > the double-edged nature of the Jack/Dr relationship, so I am really grateful
      > for this perspective. Maybe I can forgive the Doctor a bit now!
      > Carole
      >
      > Anna Hayward <alienvisitor@...> wrote:
      > Hi Carole,
      >
      > I think the answer is exactly what Captain Jack said it was: prejudice.
      >
      > See, this is how I see it: The Doctor, being a timelord, can sense the
      > planets rotating and is aware of the whole of time and space. He has some
      > sort of "telepathic" powers, tuned into the universe, and being a Timelord,
      > has a strong sense of order, and maybe also a sense of superiority.
      > Timelords are, from our POV, basically gods after all. Jack, however, is a
      > large blot on the universe, an area where the rules of time and space are
      > being broken, and even a Timelord can do nothing about it. He cannot be
    • donnawinky
      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 2, 2008
        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:

        > At 08:16 PM 3/31/2008, psatinshein, annotated:

        > >I am a frequent reader, and watcher, but a reluctant writer here -
        > >guess I am more of a lurker, but I have a question about "from out
        > >of the rain". Jack mentioned that he "worked" for a group
        > >investigating the night travelers. I understand that he worked in
        > >another travelling show as "the man who couldn't die". I wonder if
        > >we know the "group" he was working for? I know that he worked with
        > >the Dr., but since I have not seen all the DW episodes, I am
        > >thinking that maybe I have missed something.
        > >
        > >Any help would be appreciated!
        > >
        > >Wolfyne
        >
        > my guess is that he's referring to Torchwood - as it would be in
        > existence at that time since the queen had already established it
        > protect the earth from alien influence and most especially the
        Doctor
        > - my vote is that the group was an early version of Torchwood One
        >
        > pfyre
        >
        > --

        If he was with Torchwood way back in the beginning wouldn't he have
        been aware of the old man in the eppy were that were send back in
        time and he met his namesake? The guy who let the monster thru the
        rift? He was torchwood.

        Donna